Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 22:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Role Playing :: Techniques YOU Wanna Make

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 14, 2004 19:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Repeated action doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with the property of inertia; staying the same has to do with inertia as that is its whole definition.

Crazy-random is a no-no. There already is a random targetting feature; this would just be an addition of that, and poorly. An all-increasing boost, by nature of FtRPG, could be utilized more than once. You also have the problem with Summons and Dances, once targetted, will never change, thus loosing much of their randomization.

Then, when you put that into something like a Forge or Bio, well, that just gets messed up.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 14, 2004 22:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hooray for random! * To up the randomness in the universe, randomly uses SuperSonicSnatcher on Camo's randomness *

Yeah, a double strength token, Tup, is also rather similiar to Song, which just doubles your action. Double strength, double ply, kinda the same.

I don't really remember. Was a "Wide" token already discussed? Or, an Area one? Pretty much, when you act on someone, you are recorded as being "by" them, something the Range token negates. An AOF token would hit everyone in that cluster, even you Boggle

Nah, that'd be too much. Maybe just a Bake Token. I wanna be able to eat my Gobbo Rays when I gets'em!

Lair of Mad Goblin - Because sanity is a chore.
Sword
LeeTupper

Member #42

Dec 15, 2004 15:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Inertia: A body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest.

My fighting style in real life is to use every last drop of force I can pull up by continuing with the inertia from my first blow. I know, it doesn't make sense over the web.

* fabricates a thefinger in anticipation of doing something fun *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Dec 15, 2004 15:48
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Dec 15, 2004 15:36, LeeTupper said:

Inertia: A body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest.

My fighting style in real life is to use every last drop of force I can pull up by continuing with the inertia from my first blow. I know, it doesn't make sense over the web.

It doesn't make sense even to a person familiar with martial arts either. If you fought anyone with half a brain they'd use that energy which has you offbalance in the first place to knock you down or throw, or anything. Unless this is all a joke.. Boggle

The boys of Liverpool, When we safely landed, Called myself a fool; I could no longer stand it; Blood began to boil, Temper I was losin', Poor ould Erin's isle They began abusin', "Hurrah my soul," sez I, My shillelagh I let fly; Some Galway boys were by, Saw I was a hobble in, Then with a loud hurray, They joined in the affray. We quickly cleared the way, For the rocky road to Dublin.
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 15, 2004 16:53

Actually, i think what he is getting at is flurry. Overwhelm the oppenent and slowly chip away, get into a pattern and then break it and your oppenent. The only problem is if that doesn't work, you just used up all your energy.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 15, 2004 19:31

No, Inertia in an attack could only mean spinning around.

Repeated blows violate inertia because an opposite force (either pulling back or tension from your arms) stops the blow in order to begin the next -- there is no force from the previous one unless you are moving in one long stroke, which would just be spinning around like a seasonal dradel.

AOE (not AOF; 'twould not be "area of ffect") may have been discussed, but no. Largely because they are way too powerful.

"I do not have a girlfriend. I just know a girl who would kill me if she heard me say that." - Mitch Hedberg
LeeTupper

Member #42

Dec 15, 2004 23:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, that is what I do, in essence. You pretty much hit the core of my style on the head, Mints. Spin, and swing at the weak point. Continue spinning, striking again. Just ask Dracon.

I know that it doesn't work on martial artists. But, on the other hand, I have yet to meet a person who could keep me floored with a single counter throw. Usually, I'll just land on or roll to my feet. So, essentially a stalemate against low to mid level people trained in the martial arts.

Beats the unholy hell out of conventional fighters, though.

*Still wants to get a Crazy Mai summon** gives Camo a thefinger with sheer randomness *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework

[Editted by LeeTupper on Dec 15, 2004 23:14]
Sword
Rook

Member #112

Dec 31, 2004 19:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

How come I can't combine:

Fire Earth Shadow, and Blast for VolcanicEruption?

While I'm at it:

Fire Shadow Wield Strike Arrow DarkfireSlash
  Fire Blast Combine Arrow Weld (is that even possible to cobine Combine?)
  Fire Heal Arrow HolyFlame

And, of course:

Fire Earth Shadow Blast Arrow Volcanic Eruption

"You're sitting on my body, which is also my face." --SpongeBob
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 31, 2004 20:18

Okay, I am going to guess you are doing something wrong, but just to humor you, what exactly are you doing? Aside from hording tokens for no apparent reason?

I am guessing you are going to improve HeatWave into Volcanic, so you would just combine something into it, such as:

:combine HeatWave Earth/Shadow InterimTechName

What? Are you disobeying the instructions and putting HeatWave in the token's slot or something? Y'know, the RP Console says tech then token.
Rook

Member #112

Jan 1, 2005 24:16
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh! I get it! You can't just combine a bunch of tokens. Damn I'm dumb...

Hey, would adding those elements make my move stronger, or just make it more complicated? And can you combine Combine with another token and succesfully use it to combine more things?

Jocks may pick on us poor nerds, but it's us who turn out to be the doctors tending to their sports injuries. Ironic, no?
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 1, 2005 2:24

Okay, first, why would you combine Combine with anything? That just does not make a lick of sense. As soon as you used the move, wouldn't it just form a new technique, just the same as using a Combine token in the first place?

And how would you even Combine combine? You can only learn one at a time. You would need to use, like, Cross or something, and only if it were not disabled.
  Change, Marker, Blank, Combine, and Cross cannot be used in techs since they would either have a stupid effect or in some other way not make any sense.

Combine puts two tokens together, or a tech and a token. In order to do what you are talking about, you would need Cross, which you cannot learn until you become one of the more advanced classes.

What I would recommend is to start combining tokens and stop learning so blutty many! I always say that having a huge store of tokens slows down the learning process. Just get what you need for techs you have in mind and Combine away.
Rook

Member #112

Jan 1, 2005 14:51

What about question 1?

Dang! Can't use actions because y'all killed me!

"You're sitting on my body, which is also my face." --SpongeBob
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 1, 2005 15:02

Oh, right, the combine-combine overwhelmed me... or maybe the lack of understand as to what elements do overwhelmed me.

Nothing makes anything stronger unless it is Power, Focus, or Wield. Those are the only things that incur any sort of bonus to your attacks.

Elements will only make your actions stronger if the target has any elements set on it. For attacks, opposite elements are stronger while similar ones are weaker.
  For healing, however, you get a hefty plus-one for every similar element your tech and target have.
Ice

Member #46

Jan 26, 2005 15:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, this might seem like a bit of a revival of the dead, but I was wondering if the boni had any recent future plans of being implemented, or if that was just a happy vision to make us all try to aim for something that we won't get anytime soon.

* uses CurseBless on MintMan for an unknown reason *

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 27, 2005 24:11

I was wondering, shouldn't some specific items have some sort of positive effect when eating them? Like, eating a cookie removes one damage or something like that?

* uses Luck in avoiding the barrage of assaults that is to come *

...I don't mean to make this for ALL items, because then one could fabricate a sword or something and consume it for health, which would be downright crazy. However, certain items that are deemed special, namely pies or cookies, should have such an effect, no?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 27, 2005 1:22

What is wrong with some iron in your diet?
  The main thing I am going for is upgrading Shair
  Arrow Strike+Power+break+Blast+Focus+Disrupt+Slow+Weak+Dull+poison+range

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 27, 2005 10:55

On Jan 27, 2005 24:11, LieutenantEagle said:

I'm too stupid to read anything ever written about FtRPG to know that eating any item heals one life 'cause otherwise, what the frickin' 'el is the point of destroying an item anyway?

Seriously, man. And how the Hel would you suggest special effects to take place? Programming the name of every foodstuff from all history into a script so that if someone ever fabricates it, it has a different effect? Be reasonable, man!

As for the boni, as was mentioned, oh, only about ninety other times already in this post -- all by you, Ice -- I shall frickin' put them in if I ever get some free time, which as everyone should well know, I have none off.

It is not as though anyone even uses the Ft functions in ways that are not pointless and stupid. * for pointless stupidity, uses Blast on Camo very much *
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jan 27, 2005 12:38
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hrm I think I want to make some healing techs, but I'm still thinking on what exact combos to use to do so... has anyone made a tech with restore yet?

If not, I think I'll go for something that has it, it seems rook is need of such a tech at the moment. ^_^
Ice

Member #46

Jan 27, 2005 20:56
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, you did say that there was basically no point to having them in the first place, so realistically, the only use is pointless stupidity.

* Pointlessly and stupidityly mutates a Foodstufs for consumption *

Also I keep asking because I keep wondering if you just forgot or something. And because I don't think of programming something like that in as needing much free time, I don't remember where I was going with this point.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004

[Editted by Ice on Jan 27, 2005 20:59]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 28, 2005 16:36

That was terrible logic, Ice, and inappropriate use of the word "realistically."

Just because a function has no point to existing does not mean that it should be used to annoy people, and that is just what you do when you litter posts with pointless RP techs.

I mean, when someone says "Dar, I'll heal for no good reason," it is just as bad off as if they had just repeatedly typed the words "Cheese pie" again and again.
  No one wants to read that, so no one as sure as blutty 'el wants to be bothered with any other sort of spam-esque text.

To Lug, I do not even know if anyone has become a class that can even learn Restore yet. The only people I recall on priestly-paths are LeeTupper -- who stopped at Priest -- and me. Whoever gets it first, however, will be everybodies bestest friend.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Apr 23, 2024 22:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022