Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 6:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Role Playing :: Forum: the RPG -- Important Questions

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 21, 2004 22:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Uh, I don't think so... you might.

If the token is in the Currently Learning slot, no matter what, it cannot be removed. If it is lower on the list, then maybe.

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 26, 2004 22:02
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

if someone were to make a tech with the names of already actions, would they do the tech or the simple action? Like some idiot making strike+blast=eat.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 27, 2004 6:46

I think it would be obvious that such stupidities are guarded against. A message reading, "You cannot name your tech that" would appear just as when a tech is used incorrectly.

Ems is not an idiot and distrustful of people's compotence.

Lair of Mad Goblin - Because sanity is a chore.
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 7, 2004 14:03

Speaking of incompetence, where do you put the new tech name for using cross? or does it just keep the old tech name?

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 7, 2004 20:01

Uh... where it normally goes, perhaps, after the list of tokens?

I mean, I forgot to put it there in the box, but c'mon, people! Where the Hel else would it go?

:cross [tech/token] [token] [token] [token] [id]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 7, 2004 21:06

just curious. Last thing for a while, I swear. Would it be economical to apply the ! system to oppenents as it already is as items are? Say strike evil monkey or something like that or some alias of a person in a story?
  Just an idea...no real need for it I guess....

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 8, 2004 11:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What's the point of creating a fake target specifically for the point of attacking it? It doesn't actually affect anyone so just write it the non-FtRPG way. *uses strike on Cheetarius, who isn't even in this post to emphazise my point*
  * uses Strike on boyachi for the heck of it *

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 8, 2004 20:02

If I were not so overly dead, I'd hit you right now, Batt.

Technically, the create-a-foe system is implemented right now... just commented out. It predates the item bang system, actually, but it kept having problems.

Creating a foe has tons of use, if as you remember, everything in FtRPG is entirely worthless.

"Amend the Constitution because.... it's been a while." - Jon Stewart
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 2, 2005 12:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um...sorry for reviving a dead topic, but this seems to be the best place to put it.

If I change class, do the tokens that are still in my to-learn queue transfer to my next class, or will I lose all those tokens? Because my learn list is currently thus (don't know why it's in that order, since I chose them differently, but...here goes):

-Learning Now: Change
  -Then: Weak, Haste, Break, Combine

Will I lose those four tokens?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 2, 2005 22:32

Wow... I... I think this was explained on the first or second page of this topic... well, its pretty big, but at least some where in the first half. I guess that's a lot of wading to do, tho'.

Class changing only affects what Tokens you can choose to have learned. All things you have learned and have slated to learn are left in tact. Nothing else changes. Just the "- Get Token" combo box. That's it. Nothing more. Very simple. China Town. Love Panda.

Lair of Mad Goblin - Because sanity is a chore.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 3, 2005 2:16

Well, one caution that should be noted is attempting to change that list after class changing. I am pretty sure that even attempting to append to that list might cause you to lose everything.

So what out for that... maybe.

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 3, 2005 19:33

I'll just learn everything on my list before changing class (and will combine a tech as well, since I have Combine at the very bottom of it).

Hmm...should I become a Monk or a Brewer? Seems like Monk is closer to the ultimate goal of reaching a Paladin...then again, maybe I should've chosen Miles instead of Pugilist way back when.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 8, 2005 13:59

Yeah, those darn class changes. I may have mentioned this before, but it would be nice to have some sort of chart saying what changes into who (or who changes into what). My goal has been summoner, but I kinda gave up on that for the time being and went to something I knew how to get to. And I don't want to be told yet again to try and figure out what class would lead me to it, because I've tried a few. The tokens one owns wouldn't happen to have any effect on which classes are available to him, would they? Because that would definitely change my outlook on this whole thing.
  * to alleviate overstockage of tokens uses shiningShield *

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 8, 2005 22:05

Yeah, a Priest's path. That sure seems like the best way to go to get to Summoner -- not the Mage's. Oh, my no. Why would Mages get to become Summoners? That would only make sense!

Seriously, why Druid? That may be a bit closer, but...

Like I've said a thousand times before, the only thing that affects what class you can become is what class you currently are. I mean, class effects your tokens list and your class list -- and they are the only thing that effect those.

A big map of what-becomes-what would be nice, and also be a strategy guide. You know how I feel about these.
  It isn't rocket-science, either. And it is not like you should have these ultimate goals. I mean, if you get to a class and stay there, you will never learn anything new. How stupid is that?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 8, 2005 23:42

That's not the point, Mint...I'm trying to reach the goal of Paladin to learn JudgmentSlice. Then possibly I'll take the way of the Summoner to learn something like the aforementioned Iris.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

boyachi

Member #92

Jan 9, 2005 22:19

Wait, I think I got something here... How about... you list the classes one at a time like:
  Adventurer-> rogue, priest, nutcracker, dj
  Botanist-> paladin, dj, brewer, pilot

Ok, basically, I was way too lazy to look up the offical names, but you get the idea.
  Actually this wouldn't be to far from what Ice tried to do with the move list which never caught on...

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 9, 2005 23:10

* uses Slow on boyachi because that's what he is *

Um...Botanist becoming DJ? Absolutely no logic there.

...You know, MintMan originally programmed all of the classes in at some time or other...the only reason he would have for not being able to list it out like that is if there is some sort of randomization involved, which would be scary and crazy.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 10, 2005 1:32

Randomization? You = emoticon

The class changing list text file used to program FtRPG actually looks exactly like what Boyachi described. You seem to forget that I repeatedly state that the reason you do not know what the list looks like is because I do not want you to know what the list looks like.

Typically, just change it up. Using even the worst of logic will get your there eventually, plus you are bound to pick up some coolies tokens on the way.
  I mean, it is not like any of this matters or anything Slanted Mouth
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Apr 19, 2024 6:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022