Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 15:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Role Playing :: Forum: the RPG -- Important Questions

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
K_Nytravex

Member #194

Jul 21, 2004 12:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, it's not that. After i posted i still didn't see your edit, which meant that you thought i posted afterwards but i actually didn't.
  And who's name is 'Vex, or is that short for a word?

[Editted by K_Nytravex on Jul 21, 2004 12:55]
writer77

Member #4

Jul 21, 2004 15:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Vex is probably you.

MG uses a lot of shortenings for other people's names, sometimes only using them once, then switching to a different shortening a few posts later. It can be kind of confusing, but just think that every time MG uses a weird word, he is talking about a person.

I still remember when he started calling Mintman "Ems." There were so many confused people...

* uses the technique Wind *

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 21, 2004 15:12
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Also Kay, I'm not Mister Goblin. I'm Ice, and I was responding to Gobbo's post, not yours. Sorry for the confusion.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 21, 2004 16:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Holy Carp! Artificers get Bio, Bless, and Curse? Too bad they do not have any room left to actually pump anything into all of those set-ups...

Also, if you are editting your post, don't put it below your sig; people look right over those. You shoulda put it right above the rule. We can still be angry at you but cannot attack as I am currently le deade.

One thing about Bless and Curse that is not mentioned is their combinations.
  Arrow Since I am not an idiot, you do not just turn however much damage should be healed into damage or however much damage into healing for Blessed and Cursed members. For example, a Shadow Blast would heal 5+1 damage, not 5-2 for having the same-type on an offensive maneuver for the tech is now healing.
  Arrow Bless and Curse cannot be dispelled nor cured. They are not technically status conditions, positive or negative. They always target the object of a technique (if you have an offensive technique with defensive portions, Bless and Curse will not target you but rather the object of the spell).
  Arrow Bless and Curse are opposites of each other. If a Cursed member is Blessed, the Curse goes away. If a Blessed member is Cursed, the Bless goes away.
  Arrow Because no combination in FtRPG is impossible, worthless, or pointless, when both Bless and Curse lie on the same tech, a member becomes Forsaken. Both Light and Shadow damage heal, and any normal healing causes damage.

That last one is important. People never really seem to grasp that about tokens. All tokens are unique, self-contained little units useful on their own. Your turn-into-global token is a gay, gay idea for it would only be worthwhile if the member had an item to turn into something else. Now, you might be saying something about Bio and Forge and the like, but you must also remember that every member at least starts with the Strike token from their adventurer days, so in conjunction, the tokens find use.

As for local-to-global, that was always supposed to have something to with "post graduation", sorta like awarding experience points at the end of your adventure. It would only be able to come about in RP-specific posts and would lock the topic. I have been kicking the idea around, and I really need more from it than just globalizing items. Note that items could not become global after being created local in a post without locking the post as well for then no one would be aware if or when an item would no longer exist. This is especially important for RP items as they can be targeted by certain techs.

More tokens? I am kicking some ideas around. So far for FtRPG Round Two, I have come up with Channel, Commune, Shape, and Glyph, although I am thinking that Channel and Commune and then Shape and Glyph will probably end up being the same thing.
  As an example of the current Channel in work, it has three different functions -- all related -- depending on what you supply as its target.
  Channel: Open up a psychic link between you and a target. Add a member to a psychic pool.
  Channel Synchronization: Actions will be used in conjunction of one another. Statistic boon and bane are shared.
  Channel Mind War: All actions between these two individuals will be increased dramatically.
  Channel Object: Hijack summonings or items.

Again, a work in progress. Do not comment on it at all.
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 21, 2004 22:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just throwing an idea out there, but could we link to a picture in our FtRPG, kinda like the END thing. I mean sure we do have that, but the drawing style would change completely. Plus I really don't feel like doing my dreamer anymore.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Jul 21, 2004 23:02

So, now Ice is the person we wanna strike?

So, what's everyone else's plans for techniques? Mine are:
  Lazarus:
  Heal+Bless+Light+(Resurrect?)

Broken Promises
  Shadow+Strike+Slow

Ashes to Ashes:
  Fire+Spirit+Blast (Can it be done?)

Summoning Gale:
  Wind+Blast+Disrupt

Not sure about what else.

* uses the technique Strike on Ice for blatant idiocy and for having a three letter name *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 22, 2004 24:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

lol, those techs seem pretty shrimpy. That works, tho', since they'd have low recharge time.

Yes, all of those techs are possible. I mean, they mainly are just combinations of elements and attack. The most questionable thing, in fact, is there names which would have to be ran together or... underscored? (prolly not) Anyhoo, my targeted techs look more like...

GobboRay: Fire Earth Water | Focus Disrupt Haste | Blast
  (Acid typed, Fully boosted, swift Magic attack)

Roxxor!
Ice

Member #46

Jul 22, 2004 9:50
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry about the edit positioning. I just automatically recheck a post's ending if I see an "[edited on...]" tag.

As for the blass/curse/forsaken thing, would that still work if you target yourself? E.g: Bless/Curse/Slap/Shadow/Light [Me!] would cure me for 7 damage? (Slap = Blast/Strike/Some status indicator to give me +2, on the strike, I thinks) Or do I get double because it's both Shadow and Light? Or do you get some sort of STAB with that?

One other thing. Let's say you're cursed. If someone has a "Shadow/Strike/Wield/Forge" and they wield the item created by a "Light/Heal/Forge", what happens when they wield that first item with a "Strike/Wield" tech?

As for the channeling thing that we're not supposed to comment on...

...I'm not commenting. I'd make some smartass remarks or something, but I'll wait about a week or so.

And just out of curiosity, is there a way to lock a thread now?

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 22, 2004 12:28

No, but because of the RP meta-post data, there is one. I mean, it largely consists of turning the thread's icon into a lock symbol and setting a flag that prevents any futher postage, but there can be one.

Okay, your big Curse/Bless/Shadow/Light/Slap maneuver would not work if you are talking about combination. Just like elements, they go on after the tech is used and therefore do not boost your stuffs. You would just end up slapping yourself silly.

Sequentially, you would get the seven healing. You would also reduce your resistance because of the disrupt, which is kinda counterproductive, but whatever.

You big light-healing forge.... lemme see. You would deal Shadow damage to the foe you were fighting, and deal light-typed damage to yourself since you were cursed. Since the elements are on forged items, they would not transpire onto you; the item is technically its own target in FtRPG and therefore when it uses an Element (which is a targetless action), it would target itself.

Also, this whole Bless/Curse thing ruins your big, Universal healing strategy Big Smile You could use a Universe Blast after Forsaking yourself or something, tho', to much the same effect. It just takes longer... and someone could bless or curse you and undo your strategy Boggle

Let nothing be safe! For I am a jerk Laughing
Rook

Member #112

Jul 25, 2004 16:09
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Do we still need Adventurer tokens to use FtRPG? Or did Minty eliminate that?

How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Ruby/ Sapphire versions' champion
Ice

Member #46

Aug 6, 2004 17:34

I'm pretty certain that you still need an Adventurer token to get more tokens.

I had a bit more pressing question though...

What happens if you end up earning two of the same token?

I mainly ask because I tried using combine and then realized that I couldn't combine anything due to overactivity. But when I did that, and the screen came up and said "you screwed up, moron" it let me choose combine again, because it thought I had already used up my combine. Realizing that all next week I'll be out of town, and I only had change left in my "currently gaining" column, I went ahead and chose combine again. So now I have combine in my "tokens" list and in my "currently gaining" list as well. Did I make a boo-boo and break it, did I just waste all the time I took earning it (if I earn it completely before I get home to use my combine that I already have, which is unlikely, seeing as how I won't actually be *doing* anything next week, unless I get bored and go online during my cruise... yeah, right.)

And if I need to use my current combine before I learn this one completely, that probably shouldn't be an issue, as long as learning both change *and* combine will take more than 8 days of inactivity.

MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 7, 2004 10:50

Last I heard, Ice, Ems removed the Adventurer's Token requirement (or at least is in the process of doing such).

Wow, Ice, you stumbled onto that little nich in the code? I'm not really surprised, 'twas bound to happen some time.

You didn't do anything wrong, keep in mind, per se, besides slating to learn Combine again.

The Answer you want: If you already know a token and learn it again, it will accomplish nothing. Plain and simple.

I wouldn't worry, tho', since it will take at least 10 days to learn a token and you're gonna be gone for 8, you'll have time to either change what you're learning next or use the prior existing Combine token.

And, lastly, hrhr.
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 8, 2004 2:07

What is wrong with you people? Not only reviving this over-sized, decrepit post, but also never understanding the overly-simple token system of FtRPG.

Tokens are quite singular. Whether in a tech or in your list, one is all that matters. It is like a bit string -- it can either be on or off and no more. You either have the token in your list/tech, or you do not. Plain and simple.
  Thirty-two OR'd with thirty-two is still freakin' thirty-two just as Blast with Blast to an infinite power still just gives you a plain ol' five-damage Blast.
Rook

Member #112

Oct 28, 2004 15:36
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Can you explain your recent updates, please? Yes, i checked the help thing. So what's bang and cross?

Jocks may pick on us poor nerds, but it's us who turn out to be the doctors tending to their sports injuries. Ironic, no?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 28, 2004 16:41

Roxxor-pwn! See, I've been waiting for cross for a while. I guess I could just blerb it out since, well, its there.

Cross, in summary, is a super combine token. You can get four separate tokens and cross them into one pre-existing tech. See?

O
   |
  O-+-O <-- It's a croos! Yar!
   | With a creamy center!
   O

Bang is a simple one, too. He explained how it works, and the gyst of why is such: you know how sometimes you want to chuck something at someone or use in a Wielding tech and you have to make something first? Well, with this, it can easily be done in one command. Not much but can be a real time saver/post prettier-ator. Sense, no?

If you really believe in something, with all your heart, you're prolly just really wasted.
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 28, 2004 17:20
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...And now when I go to the ftRPG console to reply just now, I get a whole bunch of this at the top of the screen:

(((((, 0))))) (((((, 0))))) (((((, 0))))) (((((, 0)))))

And it repeats for about 16 lines. Just thought I'd let MM know about something wrong.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 28, 2004 19:23

No, nothing is wrong. That is just debugging info, YFFI. I thought I got rid of all that extra curse-bless checking stuff, but I guess not.

At any rate, an error causes something not to work; extra characters are hardly an error as they effect nothing.

Back to the updates, y'know, I did put entire in-detail explainations inside of the FAQ. I mean, that is why there is an FAQ -- to explain things.
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 28, 2004 22:18

so who can learn this super cross token? Not I? So I just thought I'd ask. Since someone else would be bound to.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 28, 2004 23:37

No shpluh can someone learn it. It is not very well like I am going to add a token that no one can learn; that would more accurately be categorized as not adding a token.

Much like Blank, another super-sized Token, Cross comes with some stipulations on it as well. Aside from the being beyond the basic five classes, there is a secret prerequisite token, and if you cannot think of what related universal token you must hold in your inventory in order to get the Cross token, then you sir are a moron.

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 21, 2004 19:17

If I am learning a token, and I get rid of the prerequiste token, will I stop learning the token I had started to learn?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Mar 28, 2024 15:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022