Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 10:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Role Playing :: Forum: the RPG -- Important Questions

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 18, 2004 22:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah... yeah.... I was trying to rapidly shave, like, the last ten additions to the pub or something since it had an explosion of posts that were getting really, really wrong, even for where these forums are going, but I sorta went crazy with it, and... pub went bye-bye.

Sorry 'bout that, Camo, and the others who made that RP start out as one of the best ever.
Ice

Member #46

Jul 19, 2004 24:22
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh s***. I broke something else.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 19, 2004 24:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Despite your oddities in the bar topic, such as adding a fantastic element to something which was supposed to be, well, a bar scene, that was not the problem. Heck, it was pretty enjoyable.

It was more of Camo's little friend that messed the thing up. I mean, I was stretching a lot of rules with her first post, but her next ones were... and then Camo started elaborating. I dunnae want to meet the person that enjoys reading that kinda thang Dead

So I decided to shave off about the last ten posts (crazy how fast its size went up, ain't it?), but I think I accidentally hit the first post made in my rapid-fire deletion and, well, you know the rest..... the topic went boom.
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 19, 2004 3:05

I guess this means I don't get to keep the pink wig...wish I woulda posted that last night and seen what was on there.
  Now, what will I do with my life? Now i'm going to work on my site, which no one visits. HOW CAN A NEW GYM HAVE MORE HITS THAN ME?
  I could really use a drink right now. BUT I CAN'T FABRICATE OR EVEN EAT IN THIS POST!*leaves storming off like a toddler,blubbering and wailing*STUPID $#!+@$$ BLANK TOKEN!

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
LeeTupper

Member #42

Jul 19, 2004 3:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And I was going use strike on that foul wench, too. Ahhh well.

Sooo, still beating Boyachi? What do you need to become a priest? Heal and... ???

Whatever. * uses the technique Strike on boyachi with nose plugged to protect against stench *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 19, 2004 3:38
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You mean that wasn't either Camo or boyachi with a fake account? That's who I assumed it was. I dunno, I didn't see anything after my last Ooc/Bic posting. I enjoyed writing those, too. I mean, c'mon! Who else has a shadow named after a ben, and themselves has an out of character character with the name of the sound a monkey or orangutan makes?

MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 19, 2004 11:25

Holy crap hole! How much did I miss in that topic? I have no clue what really happened after my song. ... Dar! My song! Oh, how I hope I still have that page cashed in offline memory... That'd be great!

Seriously, tho', I can't even phathom what you guys made happen in that end part. Hopefully, Camo can email me the nitty-gritty.

And, yeppers, Camo's strumpet was indeed someone else. I could tell this by her first post by checking her email address and website, which were real and coinciding. Quite the oddity, indeed. I thought, at initial look, that it was Camo being Camo, too.

Oh, Camo. He sure does like to be Camo, since he is Camo.

... Camo.

If you believe in something with all your might, it might just be true... that you're an ass.
  - Why be sane?
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 19, 2004 12:17

Tupper: You need a change token to become a Priest. That is it. It would help if you had Heal, but it does not matter. Once you become a Priest, you will need a Heal token to learn any new Tokens; if you do not have Heal, you will have to learn it while a Priest before other things become available to you.

Boyachi: want Blank, either use more RP actions or use less, depending on how many Tokens you currently own. If you have a lot, then you will need about, I dunno, eight actions to negate their penalty. After that, stop using RPs 'cause they make a post not count toward learning your impossibly large Blank token.

Also, that really strange edit bug (which I had thought to have fixed long ago but apparently never uploaded but did fix when the other recent additions) is now gone, so the, for example, errant 190 damage on me will never happen again. It will remain in this post for as long as it stays action. My suggestion: if you have a freakin' question, make another post about. I meant for this post to cover all the beginning questions, not everything concerning FtRPG from its birth to eternity. Nine pages, people, and apparently no one is reading them since the same questions get asked over and over again!
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 19, 2004 12:19
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wait, Camo's trashy whore or whatever wasnt' Camo? Damn, I missed a lot then, I don't really pay too much attention to non 'lite RP's since they get bogged down by a few annoying non'lites. That one sounded like I should have though.

Aero-Swashbuckler
Ice

Member #46

Jul 19, 2004 16:16

Yes, it really was important that you do so. And I don't feel like being the trendsetter and opening a new thread yet to ask a new question. So I'll just ask it here again.

How does the number of tokens affect how quickly you learn a tech? I recall you saying in another post (which I should have probably already checked) that actually having Blank in your inventory slows down the learning of new tokens. And you said for Boyo that having lots incurrs some penalty, but that overacting does as well.So basically what we've learned here is that using the tech combine, as well as making a fancy new tech, helps you learn new tokens faster. So either way, what are these "penalties" you get per token that you have, and how do you overcome them?

MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 19, 2004 17:35

And now its boring fact time with Gobbo!

Hello, kiddies, today we'll talk about techs and tokens! Yay! Erm, seriously, I'll tells ya the 411 as I know it. It doesn't break down into the exact numerical values, but that's because they aren't important, just the overview is.

The Blank Token does not have any special property to it once learned, it's merely that any and all token listed in your console's Token list add to a penalty for learning your next token. Added to this penalty is every tech you have currently, that being anything you have created thru use of a combine token. This is yet another reason why combining a mess of tokens together helps you out. The over use of tokens and techiques will slow learning, unless, however, you actually have created some techs. In this case, moderate usage will actually speed up your rate of learning your next token.

Now, since you did want the numbers involved (i think), I think I can tell you this: the math is simple, from what I know. Whatever it takes to learn a new token, each additional token increases whatever-that-requirement-is by exactly one, and so on. It's all one-one-one-one-one. Nice and neat. There's no square roots or anything like that... unless there is... in which case this post is pointless... which it already is Boggle

And, how, exactly, is posting yet another question in the topic "Important Questions" wrong in any way? Ems sure wishes more people would do that instead of asking frivalous things across 20 topics in the other forums, as has been the case many of times before. So, what am I yelling at? ... I have no idea!!!
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 19, 2004 19:12

Actually, I am not even quite sure on how the learning formula works. It is kind of a deviation from the original in which using techs made it go faster.... but I do not know what it does now.

Here is a better explaination: every token and technique you have slows learning by a certain amount. This is because they are the equivalent of leveling up. If people with a lot were penalized none, lower people would never be able to catch up. Still, lower people cannot, but this at least stops someone from learning everything in two month's time.

I am sure you people know that activity is a big help in FtRPG. Time is the biggest factor, however. At any rate, whenever you use an RP action, it is considered time not learning techs. Why would you use them then? Well, they are pointlessly fun for one. The other is that they alleviate the combined penalty of techs and tokens by half with every use.

So, let us say that you have a big ol' load of tokens because you stupidly learned all your class could hold without combining once, and let us say that it slows your learning by.... oh... eight days. Well, use just one RP tech and that penalty gets cut in half; another, and it gets halved again. Eventually, it will get cut down really tiny, and further RP actions will not help as much as they are hurting you as not counting as active forum time.

So what is the best way to learn tokens fast? Simple! Don't try. Just do balanced RPing and non-RPing. Do not do too much of one or the other, 'cause you'll get screwed.
Ice

Member #46

Jul 20, 2004 1:08

Does the message length at all contribute to the speed at which a tech is leanred, too? Because I noticed that when I posted a few large questions in this thread (where I can't RP) I learned tokens a bit more quickly than before when I only made the same number of posts with a small amount of content in them.

On to more questions that can fit in this post.

First off, can you make a virtual factory for yourself by doing a forge dance? That would be an interesting site to see in person, anyways. I can only see a mechanic juggling wrenches and shaking his fat greasy ass when I think of that...

Secondly... Is there/will there ever be a way to make local items into global items? Since I do recall you mentioning something about more tokens, that would likely make sense to me to be one of them. Perhaps something that would simply switch which inventory an item was in. So if it started in the local, it would move to global, and vice versa.

Thirdly, if you use forge, and then use a regular command (plant, throw, etc) then will the next Tech still be forged?

Fourthly.

Fifthly, there is no fifth question right now.

Camo

Member #5

Jul 20, 2004 7:11

I think I missed a bit of the pubs end too, last thing I remember was my trashy whore saying something bout she was sorry if she was turning this place into a cybering thingy or somethin, then me replying saying role play is all about cyber sex.

I think Mintman should just email us all what was happening in the pub Tongue

c*** me up scotty
Ice

Member #46

Jul 20, 2004 12:19

*You* missed a lot? It was your own freaking pub! You're the goddamned bartender, for chrissakes! No wonder the pub went down the hole, you weren't doing your goddamed job!

* uses the technique Fume at Camo for being a lousy bartender *

Camo

Member #5

Jul 20, 2004 20:58

*sips beer*

Yea'ap.

c*** me up scotty
Ice

Member #46

Jul 21, 2004 1:19

Woah, woah, woah. I'm done fuming at Camo. Now it's Minted Fresh's turn. WHAT THE BUGGERED HELL IS CURSE and BLESS!?

I just finished learning the prerequisite for Artificer (a class which *kicks ass*) and I'm looking over my various tokens to learn. And we've got here "blah blha, bio (nice inclusion!) construct (kinda obvious) Bless, Curse"

WHAT THE BUGGERED HELL ARE THOSE? ELEMENTS? MOVES?

Meanwhile, I'm learning Bio until I can get those.

On a side note, I reread the topic, and these were described in the first post, so no need to actually say that. You might want to update the help file to include them, though.

[Editted by Ice on Jul 21, 2004 3:00]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 21, 2004 11:47

Gee, let me think here, Ice. This topic is called "Most Important Questions". In it, all important questions (shock) are answered right at the start. So, did it ever occur to you to, oh, say, check the very first post in this topic that explains what all tokens doooooooo???????!?!?!?!?!!!!???!?!?!?

Quoteth the 1st friggin' page:

Curse: Non-Shadow Healing does damage; Shadow damage heals
  Bless: Light damage heals; Shadow Healing does damage

Gee, that was so easy, anyone could have found it! Oh... wait... right... hm...

EDIT: The "anyone" reference meant that apparently everyone but Ice was capable of doing such, 'Vex.
  Shock, conservative posting style, onos!

[Editted by MadGoblin on Jul 21, 2004 12:19]
K_Nytravex

Member #194

Jul 21, 2004 12:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And who qualifies for this definition of anyone?
  Or is it just "everyone who can read and operate a computer at the same time?"

[Editted by K_Nytravex on Jul 21, 2004 12:12]
Ice

Member #46

Jul 21, 2004 12:36

Hey you, look at my edited post. Jeez. It was edited even before you posted. I just didn't feel like editing out the content of my post. SO LOOK AT THE PART WHERE I SAID "OH HEY, I FIGURED IT OUT, BUT IT SHOULD BE IN THE HELP FILE WITH ALL THE OTHER TOKENS!"

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Mar 29, 2024 10:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022