Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 16:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Role Playing :: Forum: the RPG -- Important Questions

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 14, 2004 12:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Already answered elsewhere'd!

All defensive actions -- when combined with an offensive one -- instantly target yourself.

Okay, I think I forgot to say this before, but negative damage does not really exist. It only comes about from eating -- healing cannot recover more damage than you actually have. So your giant plan falls apart there.

I said thirty because of the song. It is two sets of fifteen; however, on one turn, you get the second half of the song from the previous turn plus your current dancing action, which is 15 + 15 = 30.

Turns, as explained somewhere else when someone was asking what a turn was, do not depend on replies. That would be stupid. Turns pass as RP actions progress. Any random garbage would not make things fair quite. Also, the individual must be involved in the actions for time to pass for him or her. Someone can use Power, two other people can go at it for a year, and if that someone returns, his power is still in effect so long as no one came near him.

On that same note, your dancing Guard/Ward would not be as good as you think. Since status raisers last only one turn, by the time you use your next one, their effect would already be on its way out. It matters not, however, since one can only benefit from one Guard or Ward at a time. Multiple of them really only prevent their effects from being negated by Break/Disrupts.

Okay, here are somethings that have not been said before, so if you are skipping the rest, pay attention now.
  Heal and Restore may be combined. This will guarantee that you alleviate damage from someone whether they are living or dead. Now, whether or not it is capable of restoring someone back to life and then healing damage off of them consecutively, I do not know.
  Range... maybe. However, Bio on that giant mess would not be a good idea. That would mean that every time you attacked, you would go into a dance, which would.... actually be pretty good, if you think about it, but probably not what you were going for with this particular combo.
  You cannot prevent yourself from triggering a trap. I mean, unless you do not want to interact with other people in any way, shape, or form. Even so, it does not mean much. Traps differ from someone directly using a tech on an individual very little. For the most part, it is just a good way to throw up a flash defense against an assailant you do not yet know. Guard/Ward/Weak/Dull Traps are the rocking, by the way.
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 14, 2004 15:59
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, the no real negative damage is good. At least, it means nobody can become invincible. However, you could make a FullRestore tech which should technically alleviate all damage from someone by doing the universal song and dance heal+restore.

One other thing. If a turn only counts as everytime you make an action or every time you are targetted, then doesn't that mean that if someone is using a dance that the best thing would indeed be to do absolutely NOTHING to them so that it only takes one turn? That makes no sense, though, because if what you said was true, then Dance would be completely useless if everyone left you alone, because for you to initiate a turn to be taken, you would be cancelling out the dance. :? ::confused even more::

Also, does combining Bio make a move not need to be actually used, or do you have to use Bio once in a thread and then from then on it uses that tech every time you use a tech? Dear god, this is so confusling.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 14, 2004 17:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wait, I think I got it...so you can take token a and token b to make tech 1, then combine 1 tech with token c and so on?
  But you can't combine two of the same tokens, even if one is a blank filling in as the same token. If this is true, then I got it, if not, I am SO friggin lost. Is anyone even close to doing this stuff anyway? Cuz it looks like it would take years. Besides, who the hel would heal me anyways?

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 14, 2004 19:45
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, Boy, look at the tech, and see how it works.

You have the tech "combine". It takes two targets, the first a tech, the second a token. When you're first starting out, all of your techs have associated tokens. Now, let's say you combine the "Strike" tech with the "Steal" token. You then give it an id of "Mug". Now, the result of this is not that you have created a new token that you can combine with other tokens, it's that you've created a new tech that you can combine with other tokens. So now, when you get another combine token/tech, you can combine your new tech with any other token, because it's still a tech just like any others. However, you can't combine it with another tech, because the techs don't have associated tokens. Capiche?

Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 14, 2004 21:29

Yea, so that means as of now I have pointlessly started learning blank. I think there should be a warning label on this token.
  Ya know, I really wanna 'blank' someone right now...
  I don't see a point yet...but could you combine anything with change?

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 15, 2004 24:08

That was already addressed, and the answer was no, because it would already be pointless, as the change tech needs a discarding of a change token, as well as the deletion of the change tech to take place. Likewise, you can't combine a combine, nor do I think a blank by itself.

However, I'm curious if there will ever be updates introducing new tokens into the mix/new classes, or if the initial set is everything. I'm mainly asking because I want to know if there will ever be a tech of this: Combine[tech][tech]

I'm guessing probably not, to keep down the level of Uber-techs, but you never know. One other thing. I recall hearing that once a token is in your currently gaining slot, that you can Combine with that. However, since you do not have the actual token in your inventory, how would this process work? Would you be unable to combine it into a precombined tech until it's done learning? Or did I hear incorrectly and you can't combine a currently gaining tech. Also if I did not incorrectly hear, then if you combined it in a regular combine[tech][token] with the currently gaining in the tech slot (since that is in your possesion) then what happens? Do you still have the token in your currently gaining slot, and then it just disappears after you learn it?

One other pointless and random question: What would happen if you did this: *:Blank [Blank] * ? I realize that even if it works, it would be pointless, but it would be kind of like flipping a coin, to show off your fancy blank token. And also, did we ever decide how Blank is gonna work? Is it all currently owned tokens, all tokens ever learned, or just tokens you have previously learned?

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 15, 2004 10:01

Forum Help said:

Blank
  Acts as any token you have previously learned.

Dur. And whaddya mean, "did we decide"? All deciding was done by Minty way before FtRPG even game out on his copious amount of notings.

You cannot use Blank as an action. If you could, it would list it down in your- ... oh, wait, it is... Huh.

Well, as far as I remember being told, Blank's only sole one-purpose-o'-use is in combinations, listing "blank" as the used token after the tech followed by the token name you want it to copy. But, hey, let's try anyways since I long ago combined by Water token away...
  * would do what for stated, but is incompassitated *

Continuing, you are correct, there (most certainly) will never be a combination for two techs. Techically, its no different if you were to, instead of piling up two separate techs, piled it all into one, so the over-uber is not the worry. I'm pretty sure its just to annoy people or something with coding. Either way, I don't mind. Heck, I can barely remember what tokens I've already put into some of my heavier techs, I'd hate to see how much over-lapping wasted time would go into a tech-tech merge.

New techs? Possible. New classes? Pointless! While new actions could be thought of for FtRPG (not likely, as so much is already covered, and just about any left out would be a combination of the already existing ones), new classes would just be a waste of time. All a class does is determine what you can learn and what you can change into. I'm fairly certain Ems already equally apportioned all techs and all bridges have been drawn. Unless he wanted to relive the headache he got doing that, he'll probably just leave it as is.

Of course, if he wanted to add a new Token, he'd have to do such. Which is prolly why he won't be doing that any time soon Tongue
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 15, 2004 14:00

"Blank can be used to combine any token you currently have. I think it might be supposed to copy any token you have ever learned, but I would have to check and see if I ever added that to the code."

That's what I meant by "have we decided". I suppose more accurate would be "have we determined".

So what I meant to ask was if the code had been checked to see if (1) Tokens previously learned and then combined away can be :blank'ed and (2) if Tokens learned and combined after learning blank can be :blank'ed. As it is, I don't know what I want to use blank on, really. Tough choice, which is why I still wanted to know if I can :blank blank, just to show off my blank?

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 15, 2004 17:31

You can always combine with your Blank to see if it can mimic any token you have ever learned. If there is anything wrong with it, an error will just pop up. You people really should just try these things instead of asking. I mean, it is not like it will make you loose your Blank token and act some incredibly different way or anything.

Using just a plain Blank? Uh... I do not think that exists. I should remove that from the tech listing (although keep it in the Tokens listing, of course). I mean, I guess I could add a function so that it could mimic anything single token you have ever learned, but then it would have to vanish afterwards, and that would suck. It could stay afterwards, but that would be ultimate... ish, so we are not going down that bath.

If you are currently learning something, you do not own it quite obviously. Just check your tokens listing; if it ain't there, you can't dissolve the token. You can use the token as a command, sure, but not rid of it. That is like using Change or Blank while learning 'em; it just doesn't make any sense. Common sense, people; can't spend what you don't have.

.... unless....

Bio and all other combination things technically do nothing on the turn they are used; they just set up. If you set a StrikeBlast Trap on Boyachi, you are not using Strike and Blast on him as well as setting a Trap that will launch a StrikeBlast when triggered; you are only setting the trap with the StrikeBlast effect.

Same goes for Bio. When you use a PowerHeal Bio, every time you attack from that turn on, you will get Healed and Powered-up. When using the tech, you are just setting up for the Power Healing, not actually using a Power Healing on yourself.

Once you have it set on yourself, too, the Bio remains until whatever the condition is for a Bio to go away. I think it is a certain amount of damage.

Gobbo is a slight wrong. The probability of new classes is more than that for new tokens. The only new token I have been kicking around is Channel, and that is a hard one to make fair with everything else, but it does fit in quite nicely for Mentalist and other odd-ball classes.
  Even after creating the initial fifty classes, I think I came up with two more. A lot of positions are already filled, but there are a lot of possibilities out there. Just so long as one token learned and elements can be different -- as well as class paths -- it can merit a new class. The only thing to keep in mind is that classes are not supposed to be things like "Fire Wizard" or other really narrow sets. I think Shaman and Scribe were the other newly thought of classes....

Man, Ice, you sure are making a lot of posts now. What happened? Lost your life like everyone else here Tongue Just kidding. I know you guys have lives; just I don't.... Crying
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 16, 2004 1:01

Neato! A new sword Icon! I guess you didn't like mine. Frown Oh well. Yours looks more 3Dish.
  So...what was I gonna say? Oh yeah! Two things:
  1:Please excuse five damage that might miraciously appear in the NDR forum. I was experimenting on ways to use multiple techs at the same post. Which leads to #2, since I'm not trying them out for a while.
  2: What is to keep me from striking you, pushing the back button on the browser, then posting the reply again, and so on. I mean, not like I would do that to you, nor anyone for that matter, I have videogames to fill that void in my life, but I just thought I should ask.
  I'll heal up the damage I did to ya...or are the functions now erased with the post? Or is that only by the power of a moderator?

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 16, 2004 10:19

Hmm, that prolly wouldn't work, 'cuz, dur, you can't double post at the RE Forums.
  Plus, you can only perform so many RP actions in a post in a set amount of time. So, it would be impossible to act twice in the same post for the same reason it would be impossible to act twice in a row with no time transpiring betwixt (save very quick actions/speed enhancement, etc.)

Even still, the RP acts are recorded in a separate "meta-post" that occurs inbetween real posts, so they don't really follow normal posting mechanics with ... something... Screw it. Ems is not an idiot, Boyachi. Everything in RE is safeguarded against some moron who thinks he's slick trying to abuse the power of the Back button. In this case, it just doesn't even come close to being anything like something that would cut it.

That, I'm pretty sure this was discussed sometime before, either in this topic (good luck findin' that) or in one of the two FtRPG topics made in the Classics forum.

So, the jist is, no. Stop asking stupid questions you already know the answer to and stop trying to bypass the system. As Ems has said countless times before, FtRPG is NOT a game but a frivilous diddy bonus thing to spice up the forum posts. I mean, c'mon! Eight pages of questions regarding something that doesn't matter and already has a Help area that answers most of those asked? Really now! Dead
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 16, 2004 12:50

No, Emmy, I've not lost my life, I've simply added RE onto my list of sites to check daily. And since I only have about 2 of them, then it's not that hard to stay current. Anyhow, I noticed that under the -Get Token- list for Warlock, Spirit is listed twice. Should that second one just not be there, or do I have another token to choose form that got lost due to a typo?

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 16, 2004 14:40

Whoa? Really? That quite should not be.... I think it is supposed to be, like, Poison... or Curse... er, something.

Yeah, I decided to go with a sword in a scroll for the Master Account Icon. The scroll looks-a really wierd, so I left the sword bare for the actual icon.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 17, 2004 2:29

Actually ,not all things in RE are back button proof, especially with popup blockers. I hope you get my jist, I don't want to say anymore here. I've already told MintMan bout it though, plus he knows.
  So, i would post my rogue stuff, except I don't recall the prerequiste.

Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 17, 2004 11:43

Oh, bloody hell, you already changed it. Well doesn't that suck. Warlock now has nothing I want, either. I should probably learn Marker so that I can come back when I'm ready to make my Universe Techs, but until then...

...yeah. I'm curious, if I use the :Blank command, will it turn into that token that I'm copying, or just use the tech for that token, and then dissappear, or just use the tech for that token and stay there? I'm like a little kid with money that grew up in a cheap assed family and is afraid to spend it. However, if keeping it's gonna hurt me, then I'll probably use it so that I can get a quick change of class after finding out that there's nothing want.

Also, if it does just give you a copy of the token you blank'd, then what happens if it's one of the many-time-getting tokens (i.e: Combine, Change) and you've already got the token in your currently gaining list? Would you end up having two of those tokens at your disposal (thus being able to quick-change into a doubly higher class, or being able to quickly merge three tokens essentially), or would it get taken off of your currently gaining list? Or lastly, the option that would suck the most, would it simply ignore the blank'd token after you finish learning the one in the currently gaining section, thus entirely wasting your token if you don't immediately use it?

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 17, 2004 13:34

Easy answer: it does not become the token you blank it as. It can only act as it and then disappear.

You really gotta stop running these insane scenarios in your head, man. If you think of something that causes that much issues, it probably does not work.

Warlocks: the stat-inflicting kings. They are just witches, after all, and the the wussy earthmother kind, but the fun cursing kind. They would rock especially hard if all of their stuff found its way into a Trap; 'twould be the ultimate trap!
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jul 17, 2004 14:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am fairly sure that blank can never act as combine or change, seeing as they can't be combined, and the blank token was made for combinations. I do not know for sure, but I cannot be bothered to find out, as I am lazy and do not care. You're welcome to try, though. *Hopes Ice tries himself and wastes his blank token.* And please... Stop asking all these questions! If something doesn't work, you won't be able to do it! * In much annoyance at all these pointless questions, throws a death at Ice to silence him forever - or at least in this topic. *
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 17, 2004 14:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 16, 2004 10:19, MadGoblin said:

Everything in RE is safeguarded against some moron who thinks he's slick trying to abuse the power of the Back button.

Not true. I once ended up with a Lanturn that knew Take Down twice, due to hitting Back and selecting a different attack to replace. Course, I wasn't trying to abuse anything, it was an accident and actually worked to my disadvantage...

Back on topic...
  uhh
  ummm
  ...OK, Is there a tech that allows you to use Global or Local Inventory items to cause immediate damage (as opposed to throwing and hoping they don't catch before 4 turns pass)? * Since I have no other option at the moment throws a virtual Anti-noob at Ice * DON'T BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT!!! It's really the only point of FtRPG anyway. Besides, even if you do break it again, MintMan still won't be as cranky as he gets when people ask too many unnecessary questions...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 17, 2004 16:35

The most you can do with your items right away is combined Wield-Strike/Blast. It will increase the damage no matter what you do with it.... that is pretty much the only way to make damage immediate. I was considering making a new Poke general command, but to be balanced with Throw, it would only be able to do, like, one damage, and thus be pretty worthless.
  The real only thing that made me think of it is as a way to disable traps.

Blank as Change or Combine... so far as I know, it might work. However, since you are using a Blank, the only way it would know that you have ever learned Change or Combine is since they are currently in your Token list as they leave no record as other Tokens do (in your techs, that is). Therefore, Blank would see your Change/Combine token and then -- possibly -- act just like them.
  The downside is that after your Blank is gobbled up to become a normal Change/Combine, the script actually would believe that you just used your Change/Combine and thus destroy it, too.

Pretty much, if you really hate having tokens, try it out. That is, if it works.

[Editted by MintMan on Jul 17, 2004 16:36]
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jul 18, 2004 21:04

My pub died Frown

c*** me up scotty
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Mar 28, 2024 16:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022