Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 8:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Role Playing :: Forum: the RPG -- Important Questions

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Ice

Member #46

Jul 10, 2004 11:34
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Maybe it's just me, but Blade's posts seem to be coming to the point where mine were before I accidentally shut FtRPG down. So here's a tip for the person who doesn't do much except read these forum posts apparently: Don't make your posts so completely randomly off-topic, nor should you make them primarily reacting to what someone else did to you FtRPGing. That's how I got in trouble in the first place.

On a side note... HOLY CRAP I FINISHED LEARNING BLANK!! Now the only question remains is this... Will that only work for previously learned tokens, or if I wait to use it until after I learn more tokens, will I be able to Blank those tokens, too?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 10, 2004 12:06
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think that blank works for any token that you have learned/own. Then again, I don't have one of my own...

So, I'm supposing that blank is best used for combining, right? Like if there is a token that one really doesn't want to use in a combine, then blank becomes handy?

[Editted by draggy1234 on Jul 10, 2004 12:07]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 10, 2004 14:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I fail to see the difficulty in right-clicking on the icons to get their properties and see that each one of them is 15x25, not 25x25. Really, is that so hard to do? Unless, of course, you're on some lame compy that lacks a right mouse button, in which case I mock you. Hrhr.

Okay, guy-who-posted-before-me, Blank's only purpose IS for combine. That's the only time it can even be used. That, and why in bloody-blood would you NOT want to combine something? That's the sole reason behind FtRPG. All tokens are crap unless combined for extra power. I mean, der.

Also, this topic will never rival most hours. That one was twice as long.

Why be sane?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 10, 2004 17:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Blank can be used to combine any token you currently have. I think it might be supposed to copy any token you have ever learned, but I would have to check and see if I ever added that to the code.

Also, lightning can be yellow. It can be a variety of colors and shapes, for that matter.
  The buttons are also supposed to be normal icon size -- 15 x 15 pixels -- with an arrow at the side, showing that they link somewhere out of forum.... or at least not to a replying feature Slanted Mouth
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 10, 2004 17:41
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dont know if this has been answered somewhere, but I haven't seen it. Can you combine combined moves, would it work if I combined Aerolance (strike + wind) with something else, say blast, or even another combined move?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 10, 2004 17:44

Just look at the schematics for Combine to answer that question. Sure, it has been answered elsewhere, but it will tell you everything you need to know:

Combine [tech] [token]

You can combine two tokens (using the first token as the technique slot) to make a new tech or improve upon an existing technique by adding a new token to it. You cannot, however, combine two techniques. I just really did not feel like making a thing that checked to see if either techniques shared similar tokens.

But, yeah, if you could not combine more than two tokens into techniques, that would make most things really suck.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 11, 2004 21:19

Here it is with the arrow. YOu want it without the arrow, just ask.
  If you want me to stop trying or start a new picture all together, please tell me so I'm not doing this with no gain.
  Do you want it with squiggles or no squiggles. If you do want to keep squiggles, do you want them the way they are or do you want different squiggles or the same squiggles with different colors?
  I am still learning water...geez.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 11, 2004 21:29
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

haha... Right now it looks like a tugboat. I say cut the squiggles then it looks good.

Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 12, 2004 1:48

Picon 3, the picon with no squiggles.
  By the way , I beat Gauntlet Dark Legacy again. I wish I had friends that were into that more. The game kicks @$$ and seriously has things programmed into levels for multiplayer. Plus it would be fun to just get a bunch of people starting out new, then either whip out my INVULN(invicible)red sorceress with max stats, any PURPLE(unlimited turbo)character, or just take out the Sumner I unlocked and not only look cool but do just about whatever I please with the best character in the game(instant max stats and best stats from each character. Plus all traits, cept he only has wizard specials.)
  Now, is it just me, or does water and things similar to it take longer to learn than things like strike or guard? Tell me what you think of the Picon now.
  Hmm...whatya know I finished learning water, on to blank.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 12, 2004 10:55

@$$? Please! Why bother with that? No one cares if you say ass around here. Heck, 'twas suppose to be the Monoceros' true title-age. I mean, that's the equivilent to TV bleeping out the very middle milli-second to the "F" word. Lot of good that does.

... you're learning blank? ... Why? Wasn't it this topic that even told "don't learn blank, it's pointless and stupid to until much later on to not have to class change 8 times to get a skill"? 'Twill just weight ya down. Hrhr! Let's all of us who were stupid enough to already learn Blank laugh at him for not learning from our prior and much complained about follies! (which I guess would just be me and Ice Dead )
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 12, 2004 15:49

Yep, I'm thinking that it's basically just about us who were dumb enough to do that. Oh well, I'm gonna just hold onto that until I get into a bit more refined of a class.

However, I was wondering something... Each of the elements say that they override any previous elements. Does that mean that you are unable to combine two elements into one, or make a dual-elemental technique through combine?

Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 12, 2004 16:22

I want blank so I can do a double blast technique. That is why. Can't do it here though with 102 damage.
  I want to combine elements! You could do wind and shadow to get...BansheeForm.
  Is there a limit to how many combined techs you can have?

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 12, 2004 16:54

Use of an element erases any previous element set on you, not simultaneous ones. You can set all ten honkin' elements on you at one time if you so wish; you just gotta have them all in one tech. Consecutive uses of elements erase one another, tho'.

Double-blast? You stupid Boyachi! Are you not paying attention? Or at least grasping the concept behind the token system of FtRPG? You cannot combine more than one of the same token into any tech; that goes for combining a token into a tech that already has that token and combining with blank.

[Editted by MintMan on Jul 12, 2004 23:22]
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 12, 2004 19:01

Ah! Most excellent! But wait... If you are two opposing elements (Light and Shadow, for example) and you are attacked by a Shadow-typed tech, would they both cancel each other out (which would make sense)? Also, if you use a elementized tech, then you become that type, correct? Therefore, giving any healing tech a type makes the healing one point stronger? Or do you need to combine first all of the elemnts you want yourself to be into one tech, use that, and then use your multicoloured healing tech?

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 12, 2004 21:45

Yep, you get plus one point of healing per element that coincide and minus per element that does not match. So, if you had the full spectrum on you (all 10 for the simple), any healing will make you happy.

And, Ems made a slight confuzzling statement. He meant to say "you cannot combine more than one of the same token into a tech".
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 12, 2004 23:42

Der, I guess this is a sorta confuzzling area, so it really needs some elaboration.

Okay, first, an elemental tutorial. Whenever a tech has elemental tokens on it, your elements will become those elements as soon as the attack is finished. All previous elements will be overridden.
  Also, your action will carry the elements associated with it and not the elements on your character currently. That is, if you use Fire and then later use Strike, your Strike will not have the Fire element on it just because you do.
  You start out without any elemental association. If you use a tech that has no elements on it, you do not lose your elements; only using more elements can erase elements. Once you use elements, it is impossible to erase them. The closest you can do is set all ten elements on yourself (which is known as the Universe element; all elemental combinations [which is.... 177?] have a different associated name, believe it or not).

Elemental attacks do more damage to targets with conflicting elements on them. Since the attack has an elemental association on it, the enemy is hit with the full spectrum.
  Elemental healing recovers more damage for targets of the same elements. If the target contains an element that the tech does not contain that is in opposition to an element in the tech, less healing occurs. Since elemental attributes are set on a character after the other effects of a tech, elemental healing is not always effective when used on oneself; that would just be stupid. C'mon, you gotta give me more credit than that, Ice.
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 13, 2004 24:37

Hrm... What about if used with song/dance/anything else that uses a move once or moer than once? Song, for example? Let's just say I have "Universe Heal Song Tech" The first time I use heal, it alleviates 5 damage. The second time it is used (due to song) then it alleviates 15 damage, because my type has been set as Universe?

Alternatively, say we made a Universe Restore Song Tech? Let's take Boyachi here for example with his 100-something damage. He uses Universe Restore Song Tech, and the first time, it alleviates 5 damage. He's still incapacitated, and thus song is allowed to continue again, for 15 damage alleviation? The same would, I assume, work with the dance on either of these. For example, I'm assuming a Universe Restore Dance would basically be a full revival to the point at which you are able to act again, at which point it would fail/stop? However, I do remember negative damage mentioned somewhere, and thus I would think that a Universe Heal Dance would basically make someone invincible (essentially) pretty darn quickly, due to constantly alleviating 5/15 damage, without any stop, so far as I know of.

Also, one other random question, even though I'm not there yet. Forge - does this work basically like a :fab command? Or what? It seems like if combined that you would be able to make stuff like magical swords, or healing rods, or something like that. However, I'm not terribly worried about that until AFTER I'm able to learn them, but the bio/dance/forge/summon/transform's work, mainly because all of them have to do with something other than the user actively acting, and also acting continuously. Once I get to the summoner/engineer class, then I'll be asking more about that.

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 13, 2004 11:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is there any chance this topic could be given some sort of link from the FAQ? There are questions and explanations here that aren't covered in the help file.
  One thing I was still wondering about elements though, how do you get to Universal element? You can't combine more than two tokens, and I assume that goes for elements too, but how about using all of your elements at once? I'm still not very clear on how commands are processed in FtRPG (I kinda skimmed over all of the explanations) but I'd think they'd overwrite each other.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 13, 2004 12:49

You can combine only two tokens together, true, into a new tech, but then that tech may be combined with another token and so forth. Technically, you could combine everything into one, giant tech, which would be pretty dang worthless, as a matter of fact.

Well, Boyachi's mad damage is just an error that is still around because my host is having a Telnet problem right now, but at any rate, yes, you would be correct in assuming that. After the first use (or during the first use of any heal if you also have Transform in there), the healing would give you a big ol' plus ten. You would get five for the initial heal, fifteen for the second half of your song, and then a big thirty for every turn of the dance after that Boggle If you think that is something, try figuring out what you can do with damage Big Smile Of course, such a massive dance really makes you a target for, well, everything.

Forge is kinda like the fab command, yeah, except you can use it a lot. The big difference is that when you wield/shield with a forged item, the tokens put into it activate.

Bio, on the other hand, try your luck with that one! Even I am not entirely sure on the full effects of Bio or Transform. I sorta programmed them in, but the ramifications from their full effects are still unbeknownst to me. For sure, however, a really good Biotransformation right before an offensive dance-song does equate to the most devastating combo ever. If you mix a wield and a really good item int there, then you can just forget about it!
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 14, 2004 1:34

Hm... Why would you get an alleviation of 30 health the third time? Or are you talking if you made a Song and Dance tech? Either way, I'm curious though as to how there "continuous acting" techs work. Are they based on replies in a thread? I'm guessing it's not time itself, because that would defeat the whole thing about making this user friendly to people who only come once a month or so. So let's say I made our UniversalSongAndDanceHeal tech. I use that at the third reply to a thread. After this, I make two replies, with at least 8 other replies from others interspersed. By the time I go to make my third reply, (assuming everyone was stupid and nobody attacked me for damage) would I have:

a. -30 damage?
  b. -80 damage?
  c. -290 damage?
  d. -320 damage?
  e. some other amount of damage?

Eitehr way, it seems as though the only feasible way after using this tech to counter would be to either have your own song and dance damaging tech and attack, hoping that you do more damage to them (though if you were smart and made this into a gigantic self-supporting shield, you could but in all four of the damage lowering techs) or have it so that the self-sustaining action stops once you get hit or targetted or otherwise make it so that others can stop your crazy galavanting.

And now, my boredom formed into a little ball, by attemping to determine what the overall best invincibilty-inducing tech would be:

Guard, Ward, Weak, Dull, Haste, Cure, UniverseElement, Heal, Restore (can you use both of these together, or would having both automatically cause the entire tech to fail, or just that combined part? I'll make it just Heal if you can't have both), Transform, Song, Dance, Bio, Range (maybe, depending on how it works. I'm looking for something that won't possibly trip any traps, so no targetting anyone but myself.)

And I also don't remember, but if you combine a defensive move with an offensive one, will that allow you to target one person for the offensive part, and someone else for the defensive part?

Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Apr 24, 2024 8:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022