Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 19:46 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Dizzy Punch?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LeeTupper

Member #42

Jan 28, 2009 24:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

For some reason, whenever Dizzy Punch hits things in my party, I get a message saying "(Pokemon's name) was 70."

Unless it's trying to tell me that they are a septegenarian, a glitch may be afoot.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 28, 2009 24:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

More likely, a debugging message that was never removed is afoot. We shall see which of us is a skeevy hippie. I say that instead of "right" so that I win no matter what~!

Well whaddayaknow, I apparently changed a function name between LATS and LotGJ to make more sense. Unfortunately, I used the name hitandeffect for Dizzy Punch when it is an attackandeffect, differentiating its damage from something like Poison Gas or Confuse Ray. Not exactly a very widespread move, although it is still very sad that this was able to go on for so long.

Good eye, Tupps, or at least good reporting. * actually gives LeeTupper a virtual Pie for the first time in a long time as user debugging has been in a bit of a dry spell recently * I assume that is a good thing...

'Tis forsooth deviltry!
LeeTupper

Member #42

Dec 22, 2009 23:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I've been doing some poking around in dark corners again, though it's even more useless at the present than it was in the past.

Anyways, when you use Transform, if you Transform into something with less than four attacks, when the PP for the attacks run out, you can't struggle. (At least in the RBY games). I'm guessing it's because it sets the PP, even for the blank slots, to five, so you still have PP and can't struggle, but you can't use a blank attack, so you're jammed in five PP limbo?

Would I be right, or am I just screwing things up somehow?
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 23, 2009 11:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, you probably are right.

A lot of the code for the REL is unchanged from the original -- and back then, everybody had four attacks, pretty much, save for Magikarp. And you didn't use it, either, since you could just pick Gyarados on your team, instead.

I'll have to look into it. * gives LeeTupper a virtual Pie *

"Yes, I am probably going to hell, thanks for asking." ~ Neil McGilloway
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 19:46 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022