Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Jan 20, 2020 4:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Maelstorm mountain

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Matt716

Member #302

Jan 2, 2009 20:19
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I finally made it to the top of the mountain, but it said i was missing somthing. If anyone knows what im missing plz tell me!

This shall be a great day for Pokemon.

Matt716
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 2, 2009 22:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The rest of the game, prolly.

The new walkaround does not note this (mostly 'cause there isn't a place to), but the old one made it clear that the G/S walkaround was incomplete.

At any rate, "something missing" in the RE League could mean any number of things -- including flags, items, and previously unencountered events or battles. If you want to find answers to those sorts of things, this is not the place to go; you're s'posed to find that sorta stuff out for yourself.

"When no one was looking, Luthor took forty cakes. He took 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible." ~ DC's The Super Dictionary
Matt716

Member #302

Jan 3, 2009 12:02
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

oh...ok sry
Afiag

Member #242

Jan 3, 2009 23:31
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, maybe you should finish that so's we can get on with our post-apocalyptic Maelstrom lives. Smile

* class changes to Mage to master the non-existant *

.."Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
  "A pit full of fire."
  "And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for
  ever?"
  "No, sir."
  "What must you do to avoid it?"
  "I must keep in good health, and not die."
  -Jane Eyre
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 7, 2009 10:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Or at least find a way to note said incompleteness as to avoid such confusion in the future. That'd be way easier than doing actual work, after all.

Y'all know the drill: I start caring when you do. I've had people beg for stuff far too much and simply not care upon its release far too often to just drop the rest of my work willy-nilly and dive into the RE League, which has a zero growth-market thanks to the decline of the personal website.

Wouldn't you rather I work on stuff like the REWS Tongue

"Sorry, I think gold is gay. Both start with a G, so the connection is undeniable." ~ Neil McGilloway
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jan 9, 2009 8:35
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jan 7, 2009 10:48, MintMan said:

Wouldn't you rather I work on stuff like the REWS

Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! More GSC RE League, and then get working on gen 3 and 4!

* brings forth a GoodDoc *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 9, 2009 9:59

I thought I already made it clear before that the advanced generations would never be coming out to the REL? Their mechanics are far too different to reuse the old code (not so much the battle as all the other stuff), and without gyms being made, I am much better off putting my time into other area. New versions wouldn't attract new people; just the same people who come in, beat as many gyms and they feel like, and leave.
  And since I don't sell ad space, I really don't care how long or how many views I get for a single visit; I'm in it for the long haul, which is utterly impossible for the REL as it has no e-mailing/feeding section to remind blokes it still exists. I used relied on gyms to do that, but, well, that has been mentioned enough already.

* uses LandSmite on GoodDoc in most murderizing fashion *

"I say I'm a million percent. That is better than one hundred percent." ~ "Macho Man" Randy Savage
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 11, 2009 21:40

Woah, don't you remember AtP? It takes more than that to kill Doc!
  Oh wait, REL topic, right.
  Humor me, is there some rpg builder that exists on the web that could throw up REL battles everytime you encounter an enemy? I think that would be cool. I was thinking about trying to illustrate all of my REL story to save the player time, but then I figured it would take just as long to load. I think the scrolling thing would be awesome...wait, doesn't someone already have something like that? Or was that just the maze section?
  See someone HAS been making progress! Just not me.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 11, 2009 21:48

On Jan 11, 2009 21:40, boyachi said:

Humor me, is there some rpg builder that exists on the web that could throw up REL battles everytime you encounter an enemy?

I'm not even sure if that was a complete thought. A battle every time you encounter an enemy.... Uh... an encounter for every encounter?

Pretty sure that already happens.

What did I tell you about posting drunk, boyachi?

Or are you trying to say making a run-of-the-mill console-on-PC RPG that hijacked REL code for its own purposes? 'Cause if you want a regular RPG that has Pokémon battles with none of the interactive, cross-user web aspects, they have that already. It is called... Pokémon.
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 12, 2009 24:50

Ok, here's what I was going for. Let's take Demon Dawn without the platforming. When you collide with an enemy it does X. I set X to trigger a wild battle. When you stand at red_spot it does Y. I set Y to gym battle, and so on.
  I also gotta say, yea. Having full access and understanding to the pokemon code and being able to hack it to shorten and remodel it for the likes of my gym storylines while emmersing it into the REL interface sounds like a fantastic idea that I would take priority of any free time I have... I can't program worth $#!+ which is why I was hoping maybe there was something like RPG Maker that existed in such a basic manner that I could have both gyms in under 10 MBs. (Which I'm rather sure is less than what they take up right now)

Mintman: god of web -Mai
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 12, 2009 1:22

Such a download would only exist in making offline applications. You would need either Flash, Java, or DHTML (JavaScript) to make the adventure you are talking about.

However, seeing as how most blokes find the mapwise walkarounds troublesome, forcing people into that sort of environment would just be madness and earn you more hatred than love for the work put into it.

You also have to worry about making your not-from-RE-code compatible with all browsers REL is compatible with, which in dynamic aspects is almost always certain a-nooooooo!

Really, what does this have to do with people not staying in REL ('cause this won't help) and what the blutty 'el does it have to do with the GSC walkaround being incomplete? Making it more involved won't help.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Jan 20, 2020 4:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019