Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 9, 2020 24:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Found a bug @.@

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Metal_Cory

Member #287

Dec 19, 2007 1:06
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So hey! I gathered a few TMs, and a Water Stone, and evolved a Staryu into Starmie. However, it says it may not learn from Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, or SURF TMs! Something is CLEARLY amiss here! Help me out Minty. Pwease?

A man once told me that if man looks inside of himself, he will find purity. That man was a LIAH!

[Edited by Metal_Cory on Dec 19, 2007 1:28]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 19, 2007 9:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Not learn...? Oh! You're in LotGJ, aren't you?

Yeah, half of the TMs just don't work in that thing. They are even available just because they are present in LATS. After the shop list was consolidated a while back, this sort of issue cropped up with the inappropriately shared list.

Bug, yes, but just now found, hardly.
Metal_Cory

Member #287

Dec 19, 2007 11:03
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I really only found out just now...and actually, i'm on Land Across the Sea...trying to get a Starmie for my gym, and I tried teaching it TMs...yeah...that didn't work out too well....T.T

A man once told me that if man looks inside of himself, he will find purity. That man was a LIAH!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 19, 2007 11:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um... just to be clear.... you are selecting the "Select Attack" field as it is telling you to select an attack, right?
Metal_Cory

Member #287

Dec 19, 2007 12:26

Umm...wow. I feel like an idiot now...like a bigger idiot than the world's biggest idiot...Dead. Wow...uhh...thanks, I think...i'm just gonna go...change that now and...feel stupid...thanks.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Pepsi!
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 19, 2007 12:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Once again proving that the biggest glitch in any system is the user.

(No offense indended, M_C, far stupider things have happened on this very site. Just don't let it happen again.)

Get Firefox 2.0 and never have an excuse for misspelling things again.
Metal_Cory

Member #287

Dec 19, 2007 12:41

I assure you it won't. It had just been so long since I, you know, played REL, I forget about the select attack thing...you THINK I would have seen the scrolldown menu and remembered, but I guess not.

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 19, 2007 15:39

Well, granted, it is a really stupid system, especially since there is an attack selector to the side and the error message is the exemplum of unusability.

Of course, all of that development occurred disconnected from one another (TMs and then attack reorderer), and all development occurred years and years ago as REL was the first web app I ever developed and has largely remained unchanged. The bulk of that reason is that it is written entirely in ugly IE-only code, and I've been using Mozilla for years now, so I rarely venture into the world of non-W3C compatibility.

"You know what a street fair is? It's a typical girlfriend idea -- it sucks, and it's gonna take all Saturday." ~ Bill Burr
Elissa

Member #298

Aug 4, 2008 11:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here is a list of all the GSC TMs/HMs that currently lack LotGJ learning code:

Ice Punch
  Icy Wind
  Iron Tail
  Mud-Slap
  Nightmare
  Protect
  Psych Up
  Psychic*
  Surf*
  Sweet Scent
  Swift*

*Psychic, Surf and Swift are also RBY TMs/HMs

-Elissa
  Nadare City (currently LotGJ only)
  ...now with more flags
Afiag

Member #242

Aug 4, 2008 19:31
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, that wasn't random at all.
  Anyways, I'm pretty sure Mints could figure out which ones don't work himself, upon going to fix them.

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.
Elissa

Member #298

Aug 4, 2008 20:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I really just made this list for my own convenience, after buying a bunch of useless Surf TMs and finding out they didn't work; then I figured, why not post it so people know what to avoid, and so that, should MM ever want to add them in, he has to do slightly less work? I'm just trying to help. Tongue

I don't mean to be antagonistic about it, or anything like that. If this sort of bug research is welcome, I'll do more of it (hopefully making sure that I don't say anything that's already been posted about); if it isn't, I'll stop. No worries, OK?

-Elissa
  Nadare City (currently LotGJ only)
  ...now with more flags

[Edited by Elissa on Aug 4, 2008 20:50]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 9, 2020 24:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020