So my gym's been up for a good half to three fourths of a year now I think. I worked on it really hard for a week, finished it, posted it, and then pretty much completely forget about it aside from adding the three dojos and the name rater. So here I am poking around R.E. when I notice the prizes on the giveaway and all of a sudden I'm like..."Whoa! That's right! REL EXISTS!"
Anyway, I kinda feel like working on it again, and I don't want to go bothering to learn GSC mechanics until I work a bit more on the RBY part of the site. So I'm here to beg you people to give me some feedback on the AzureLight gym for LAtS. http://www.geocities.com/azurelight_gym for those of you who don't feel like looking it up.
My main questions are...
1) Is the thing too big for its own good? (The common sense part of me says yes, but the I-realize-that-I-worked-a-lot-for-nothing-if-the-answer-is-yes part of me says no. )
2) Has anyone bothered playing the thing through to completion? (You should've gotten a level 20, not-so-rare Pokemon as a prize. Yes, that was the best prize I could think of. ) And if you played it through to completion, does the story make any sense whatsoever? (More importantly, does anyone actually pay attention to the text? )
3) Does anyone care if I can't figure out how to make the password box at the beginning display asterisks instead of your password like every other password box out there? (Dare to be different! )
4) Can anyone find the shop? (It's a good bit more hidden than the gym leader. Yeah, I realize that's a horrible marketing move. )
5) Feel free to say whatever you want (well, as long as it's constructive) about the gym...please? (Had to make it a question...)
Dec 17, 2006 22:31
It was awhile ago that I challenged it, but your gym is definetly one of the better ones out there.
Of what I remember, it was a lot more lengthy then most of them and I did enjoy it. Keep it up!
(I guess that wasn't too helpful. Sorry, I challenged it awhile ago.)
In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!
-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
Dec 19, 2006 7:29
Thanks. Any comments are appreciated,
But of course, criticism is always helpful too.
* uses LunarVeil to prepare for the criticism...that doesn't seem to want to be coming *