Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 8:30 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: storyline/Gym Rating

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
darkneo92

Member #266

May 6, 2006 23:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Although my gym isn't fully up right now, I just wanted to know what rating you would give my storyline. I think I did pretty well,but i just want to know from you other gym leaders, what i could do to improve my gym and city. Just read through it without participating in the battles because they aren't fully established yet, meaning that i can't use them till next week because of a stupid thing freewebs does. So, just give me a rating on my storyline.

My Site

[Edited by darkneo92 on May 6, 2006 23:45]

[Edited by darkneo92 on May 6, 2006 23:46]
Battalon127

Member #25

May 7, 2006 15:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Since you asked...

9.8 m/s² is the approximate value for acceleration due to gravity on Earth. Now, while the world of the RE League is not necessarily Earth (although parallels can be drawn to it), on no planet which follows our laws of physics will the acceleration of objects in free fall increase unless additional forces are contributing to their fall, or the magnitude of gravity suddenly changes. Air resistance can slow an object's fall, but lack of it will not cause an object to exceed the set value.

Physics lesson aside, I'm not much of a reviewer. All I can do is read it and compare it to how I would do things, and on that note, I think you did a fine job, better than many which do not get completed. Only one thing I really noticed and that is the whole meteor thing. It's been done, a lot. At least you make it your own which is fine, but I can recall MM complaining about the number of people who use the meteor theme, simply because they are used in his walkaround/history. Hell, I use it in the history for mine, although I don't think I've ever put that part up and I'll probably change it before I do.
  Oh, and you misspell "monastery" at one point. Manastery, heh, now we know what was on your mind
  * surreptitiously class changes to Spelling-and-Physics Nazi *

500th post! At this rate I might hit 1000 before I graduate from college. Maybe.

[Edited by Battalon127 on May 7, 2006 15:18]
darkneo92

Member #266

May 7, 2006 23:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OK thanks, I don't understand that last joke you made, but whatever. I'll fix that. Also,when i was reading the faq it said that you should make references to the past. I thought by including the meteor thing that would be making a refrence. I wasn't very sure in your post if it was allowed or disallowed.
Battalon127

Member #25

May 7, 2006 23:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Allowed, disallowed, its your story, you decide whats allowed (within reason). Flashbacks, history lessons, some sort of background info is always good in a story and yours works fine, so I wouldn't worry about it. Really the only thing I was serious about was the typo. Manastary...

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

MintMan

Member #1

May 7, 2006 23:58
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thanks for tryin', Batt. At least you were right about the gravity thang.
  Only a planet as massive as the modern earth will accelerate a body at 9.8m/s/s at sea level. Lower than sea level or a more massive planet would have more gravitational force. Of course, the planet of the RE League is our planet earth, just many years in the future... y'know, after the Meteor.

Which, of course, brings me to my main point. I actually don't mind if people mention the meteor. In fact, I like it... if they do it right. What you did... far from it.

The meteor of the RE League (which is the Moon Stone) is what created the entire world of the RE League by killing or in happy circumstances irradiating all of the lifeforms. This is clearly explained in LATS, which I am guessing you have never played. There are no individual meteors that belong to each city. That doesn't even make any sense, and putting it in your gym like that would be grounds for a never-existing promotion due to the amount of confusion it is even now known to cause in the memebers.

The meteor doesn't even have anything to do with LotGJ. Why do people keep doing that? No Meteor! Plain an' simple. That is why no meteors are ever used anywhere in the Maelstrom storyline for the LotGJ.

So, yeah, 'tis hard to rate your gym when it does not even have battles, but I would definantly recommend removing or reworking your meteor angle. * class changes to Priest to exorcize all of the vampires *

[Edited by MintMan on May 8, 2006 24:00]
darkneo92

Member #266

May 8, 2006 1:08

Oh, Sorry. I guess I didn't actually understand the plot fully. I read your Faq, so I thought that the meteor hit everything. I didn't actually mean to make it seem for it to be like there was a meteor in every city. Could I make it seem as if another (smaller) meteor hit only my city? Then I could probably not have to change the whole story. Oh yeah, I will also fix that acceleration thing. If an additional force is added to the object in freefall, would that increase acceleration. I think it would.

Alright, my gym is fully functional, now.

[Edited by darkneo92 on May 8, 2006 1:12]

[Edited by darkneo92 on May 8, 2006 1:15]

[Edited by darkneo92 on May 13, 2006 10:20]
zapdos23590

Member #257

May 8, 2006 20:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have no idea how to rate your gym, don't really get the plot all that much... and no battles... Plus I'm confused on which Version this is for too. @.@
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 8:30 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022