Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 19:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: cons

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
aruns

Member #246

Feb 5, 2006 4:37
Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

mints fire is strong against steel,grass is weak on steel,normal weak on steel, dragon ands ice strong on dragon. plus ghost strong on psychic and electric normal on zapdos because it is part flying.

aruns

[Edited by aruns on Feb 5, 2006 4:38]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 5, 2006 11:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My head is about to friggin' 'splode.

What the bleedin' Hel are you talking about, YFFI? All of those type effectnesses are in the game already, so why are you bringing them up here? You really didn't say why, and your topic name doesn't exactly clarify your logic (or lack of it).

EDIT: Blutty... you're playing LATS, aren't you? You do realize that 1) Steel didn't exist in RBY and 2) Psychics types were immune to Ghost attacks. Don't believe me? Whip out your old Red/Blue and try Licking an Alakazam. Nuthin'. Abso-friggin'-lutely nuthin'.

"Daddy, I'm afraid of the dark..."
  "Oh honey, that's just silly. The darkness isn't what's going to kill you..." ~ SMBC

[Edited by MintMan on Feb 5, 2006 17:09]
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 5, 2006 23:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

LOL, this topic should be wiped from the face of this forum (ala Camo's Pub). Hel, this topic should NEVER have been started. But for some odd reason, my sleep-deprived mind finds it HI-LARIOUS! Maybe what ole Aruns (who apparently is the otherwise unheard of Eleven-year-old owner of Yahoo!) is trying to say is that 1)You should put special REL exclusive steel-types in LATS and 2)that you should remove the whole Ghost-immunity thing (stupid unmatchable psychics)*
  Anyway, I've talked to robots on MSN that display better comprehension and coherancy than aruns. Ever heard of a key called "Shift" ya weirdo?

*- Not actual suggestions. I know what happens to people who try to make suggestions, especially such stupid ones.
Pikang

Member #230

Feb 7, 2006 8:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 5, 2006 23:37, Battalon127 said:

LOL, this topic should be wiped from the face of this forum (ala Camo's Pub). Hel, this topic should NEVER have been started. But for some odd reason, my sleep-deprived mind finds it HI-LARIOUS! Maybe what ole Aruns (who apparently is the otherwise unheard of Eleven-year-old owner of Yahoo!) is trying to say is that 1)You should put special REL exclusive steel-types in LATS and 2)that you should remove the whole Ghost-immunity thing (stupid unmatchable psychics)*
  Anyway, I've talked to robots on MSN that display better comprehension and coherancy than aruns. Ever heard of a key called "Shift" ya weirdo?

*- Not actual suggestions. I know what happens to people who try to make suggestions, especially such stupid ones.

Now THAT is true: Aruns is a weirdo. C'mon man, even Pokemon N00BS know that there weren't Steel-types in Red, BLue, and Yellow. Neither were dark-types, but that's off-topic from what you said. And believe me, I believed in the phychic/ghost rule after I took my Gengar in Blue versus Sabrina's Alakazam. That was a long friggin' time ago.
  Geez, I should put a quote here:

"You're an embarressment to nature, ya know that?"
  (-from Ice Age)

And that sandwich will have mustard on it...
  The mustard of your DOOM!!!!
  (laughs like a sick little kid on crack)

-Fawful, from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
aruns

Member #246

Feb 17, 2006 4:39

well try out firered and emerald because fire is strong and steel and all that and magnemite and magneton are part steel.

aruns also once in firered psychic vs girafarig and the normal type used astonish and game said super effective.

[Edited by aruns on Feb 17, 2006 4:40]

[Edited by aruns on Feb 17, 2006 4:50]
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 17, 2006 11:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dude, Fr/Lg are REMAKES of R/B/Y using the R/S/E "engine" so to speak. So there are some modifications in them that do not appear in the originals from whence the RE League was spawned (considering Fr/Lg didn't even exist then). As for your edit(s?)... wha? If you're gonna take the time to edit, at least try and make your post coherant.
  * with a cry of joy class changes to Rogue *
  [Edit- If you are, and this is just conjecture now, saying that you used astonish on a Girafarig which is Psychic/Normal... I dunno. It shouldn't work because the normal type cancels out the psychic weakness. But if Girafarig used it against a psychic type that should work the way you said.]

If I have learned one thing in my short life, it is this- Nothing is idiot-proof.

[Edited by Battalon127 on Feb 17, 2006 11:49]
aruns

Member #246

Feb 18, 2006 8:19

well you can tell they are steel types because they are metal and in the episode where ash lost to sabrina, sabrina`s father told ash ghost have an advantage against psychic.and mints i only have firered and emerald.

aruns

[Edited by aruns on Feb 18, 2006 8:20]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 18, 2006 8:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, Aruns, and hence what we have been trying to tell you.

Magneton and Magnemite are part Steel type. We know that. However, Steel type only came to exist in the Gold/Silver/Crystal games and beyond. The original Red, Blue, and Green (before Fire Red or Leaf Green) did not have steel types, thus, in the RBY version of REL (Land Across the Sea), Magneton is not weak to Fire, as it is only an Electric type.

Also, it is known that Psychic types are suppose to be weak to Ghost. The instruction manual with the game says it is, the Anime says it is, everything says it is. However, this is false. They screwed up. The type chart provided in the booklet is flawed (and on more than that case). In the RBY series (and thus in the RE League's Land Across the Sea), Psychics were immune to Ghost attacks. Again, this only happens in the original Red, Blue, and Green games, not the remakes or later versions of Pokemon.

Lots of stuff said in the games is actually wrong. This is why research communities like Azure Heights and SmogOn came about to disprove what was stated and get to the truth. I own the originals. I know these corrections to be true.

Lie, Cheat, Steal! Los Gerreros!
Rook

Member #112

Feb 18, 2006 19:46
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Never trust anime remakes of anything. They always manage to screw things up. Especially after editing it. Editing sucks. Now, Aruns, I would suggest that you don't argue back, since most of the active members on the forums are in their 20's. They have more experience. (Can't say 'we', since I'm not twenty, however I, too, know a lot about Pokemon) besides that, Minty will inflict many LandSmitings on you. Quite frankly, I'm surprised you haven't been bombarded. * uses MistBarrier on aruns to protect him from further beatings * DISCLAIMER: below is just a sig, not an insult to any in particular.

Your lack of rational thought leads me to believe that you are a girl.

[Edited by Rook on Feb 18, 2006 21:04]
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 18, 2006 22:00

Its not just age, its the research and niche. We can tell you which is wiser to have out of Hydro Pump, Surf, or Waterfall. Its not Hydro Pump, I'll tell you that much. We can tell you that moves like wrap restricted movements in RBY but in GSC and above they just prevented switching out. We can tell you that out of all the moves that put an oppenent to sleep, "Spore" has the best accuracy of them all.

It doesn't have to do with age, I could tell you that around the time that Crystal came out...which was oh how many years ago?
  Simply put: the people that are the most active here play it old school, know it old school, and know what is and isn't old school.

The thing with RSE is that its just too much trouble, not that it isn't possible. Mints had RELeague up since before he moved off of angelfire and mainly has it up because it still attracts new people. Think of it as a gateway game to get people into the other aspects of the site. That and he wants to be known for what he can make up on his own, without the help of big popular fads, because, he is MAN enough to be popular on his own webbed feet!

Three Cheers! For da Man o mint! Huzzah! Hoorah! Whoopie!

So to wrap this up: read up. Check speciality sites, check gamefaqs, and bust out your old gameboy and your red/blue to let it know you still love it.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Pikang

Member #230

Feb 27, 2006 9:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 18, 2006 8:50, MadGoblin said:

Yes, Aruns, and hence what we have been trying to tell you.

Magneton and Magnemite are part Steel type. We know that. However, Steel type only came to exist in the Gold/Silver/Crystal games and beyond. The original Red, Blue, and Green (before Fire Red or Leaf Green) did not have steel types, thus, in the RBY version of REL (Land Across the Sea), Magneton is not weak to Fire, as it is only an Electric type.

Also, it is known that Psychic types are suppose to be weak to Ghost. The instruction manual with the game says it is, the Anime says it is, everything says it is. However, this is false. They screwed up. The type chart provided in the booklet is flawed (and on more than that case). In the RBY series (and thus in the RE League's Land Across the Sea), Psychics were immune to Ghost attacks. Again, this only happens in the original Red, Blue, and Green games, not the remakes or later versions of Pokemon.

Lots of stuff said in the games is actually wrong. This is why research communities like Azure Heights and SmogOn came about to disprove what was stated and get to the truth. I own the originals. I know these corrections to be true.

Lie, Cheat, Steal! Los Gerreros!

Yes! Someone who actually knows that Green Version exists! BESIDES LeafGreen, that is...And on more thing on this topic: GO MINTS! Yee-haw!! Bannings rules Aruns!!

His friggin' name is Junk Man, do you really need a description? He might as well been named Heaping Pile of S*** Man.

-Syd Lexia, on Mega Man 7's Robot Masters
TheFireToad

Member #244

Feb 27, 2006 15:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I heard about the Green version, but I never knew anything about it? Was it much different from Red and Blue?

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 27, 2006 15:17

I think you'll find that just about everyone on this site knows of the original Green version. A lot of us were weaned on the original R/B(/Y in my case) and probably did a lot of background/research reading. But that's not why I posted. Just a readability request. When you quote someone, d'ya think you could remove the extraneous information and just leave the bit you are referencing? Quoting the entire post can lead to long, boring quotes that people like me will skip over entirely. Plus it just looks n00bish (which you are, but you don't have to show it).

--->Your ad here<---

boyachi

Member #92

Feb 27, 2006 22:59

How I recall it, green had crap sprites.
  In the comics, the Green was another girl from viridian that was an orphan since she was abducted as a child by Ho-oh. She broke into professor Oak's lab and stole the last pokeball, squirtle. Throughout the comic she was cliptomaniac causing trouble to everyone from Ash, Rockets, to even the elite four.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 27, 2006 23:22

Yeah, well, that's the comic.

You really can't talk about Green as a separate version; 'tis misleading. Japan had Red and Green instead of Red and Blue like America, and yes, the primary difference was the crapitude of graphics. Nintendo did not yet know the kind of goldmine they had on their hands. Blue (which is essentially the RB versions we have in America) was released in Japan later to adjust for some of the slack demonstrated in the two games.

So please, stop talking about it.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 19:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022