Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 3:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Force Field

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Afiag

Member #242

Sep 9, 2005 16:40
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I haven't been on the R.E. League in a while, and I thought I'd get back to it yesterday. But it won't let me play. I log in, and it stays on "Loading... please wait...." No idea why it won't continue on. Help?

EDIT: Just attepted to log into my pokebox. It does'nt let me do that either.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

[Editted by Afiag on Sep 9, 2005 16:47]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 9, 2005 18:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah.... try using Internet Explorer.... like the RE League and entire site suggests for you to do.
Afiag

Member #242

Sep 10, 2005 17:06
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry, I'd forgotten all about that. My memory is'nt the greatest, but I don't think I've read that bit more than twice in the past year.

I usually use firefox because IE runs slower and lags like all hell on my computer.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.
Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 10, 2005 23:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm, kinda the opposite for me. On my older compy, Firefox takes almost a minute to load, but IE starts right up. Still, I use Firefox unless I'm in a hurry.

Oh yeah Mints, I know this is slightly off topic, but I really don't want to start a new post for it. Can I get my GSC gym reinstated? The page is up now and (practically) ready to go. I e-mailed you about it a while ago, but as I am still deleted, I don't know whether you didn't get it, or just haven't gotten around to it yet.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

MintMan

Member #1

Sep 11, 2005 24:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Firefox is faster than IE -- unless it comes down to JavaScript. Firefox sucks major bum when it comes to anything that isn't HTML, such as scripts and even applets and objects.
Ishamael

Member #142

Sep 13, 2005 20:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

IE is good as long as you can stand using a browser that leaves a GAPING HOLE in your computer security. It's hardwired to the OS, which means I'm not sure exactly what, but I know it's not good. Firefox = Good Security, reasonable script capabilities, IE = great script capabilities, horrible security.

Course, you still need some other security things to back up firefox...Firefox just doesn't open your computer up like IE does.

So, use IE on sites that are ones worthy of trust that have complex scripting (like this one), but use Firefox otherwise. Plus, Firefox has tabs. (yay tabs)

EDIT: and yes, I'm back. I'll tell you if I die or something Tongue

"We don't read all the bills we pass..."
  --an American congressman interviewed in Farenheit 9/11
  I thought democracy was what you get when the representitives elected by the gerneral populace made informed decisions on passing bills, ammendments, etc...

[Editted by Ishamael on Sep 13, 2005 20:49]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 13, 2005 22:08

Tabs + Scripting = Crap, anyway, so that would not help the RE League anyway.

Besides, you have to go to some pretty shady sites (which of course, most idiots do) in order for IE holes to mean anything. My reasons for using Mozilla (not crap-ass Firefox and its blasted object capabilities -- why would you not improve that with the way the internet is going? C'mon!) are solely speed- and W3C-related, not security.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 3:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022