Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 6:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Finished with Maelstrom?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 5, 2005 24:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was poking around Maelstrom gym (and the surrounding areas) and I noticed that, for every puzzle and so forth I completed, there was nothing. It usually said I was missing something. Now, I vaguely remember defeating a couple of the legendaries, but did I screw up with them all? Is there any way for me to know for sure?
  Note: I'm not complaining or anything, I just don't want to waste any time poking around Maelstrom if I can't get anything else right now. I could be working on my gym instead...

Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's going to throw his best parties. ~SNL

MintMan

Member #1

Sep 5, 2005 9:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As it says, only LotGJ has any finishing left to do. All of the legendaries are attainable and have been several times in LATS.

If you can't get them, you either screwed up, have something left to do, or simply are not looking hard enough.
Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 5, 2005 10:58
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I kinda meant "Am I finished with Maelstrom?" as I know you are. I probably did screw up my chances with all the legendaries(not that I'd use 'em anyway). I was just hoping there was some way I could find out for sure which ones I had already beaten. Don't sweat it though, its just the perfectionist tendancies in me (which, when combined with my procrastination/laziness make for a frustrating combination).

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." ~Christopher Reeve
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 6, 2005 24:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was definitely under the impression that there was no Mew. Definitely thought I would have faced a gym or seen a hall of fame with one

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 6, 2005 12:39

Mew isn't a Legendary; it is unattainable in the games. The only way you can get it is through a cheat or in a special giveaway.

In REL terms, that means "nope" until I feel a special circumstance merits it.

Rex Ranarum @ Deviant Art - Because I shouldn't limit myself to ruining just one web site!
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 6, 2005 15:10

thats also what I figured the reason was, considering the only real good thing the pokemon has is TM compadibility

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 6, 2005 17:49

Actually, an in game glitch in RBY has been discovered that does allow you to catch Mew. Read about it here. It's been confirmed by a multitude of reliable sources (I heard about it at GameWinners). I restarted my Yellow version (I hadn't really accomplished much with it anyway) to test it out and I'll let you know if it works. Of course, most of youse probably consider an in-game glitch cheating too, (like the GSC box trick). I guess I do, but as it is in the game, I'll use it to a point. But it IS there.

Supposedly.

"Someone asked me if I wanted a frozen banana and I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later, so yes." ~Mitch Hedberg
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 6, 2005 18:44

Yeah, like a said, you can use a cheat. Don't you people pay attention?

If it is the one I'm thinking about (with special values and wack flying), yes, it does work.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 6:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022