Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 1:59 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Few things

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Kal

Member #127

Jan 8, 2005 12:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Not sure if this has all been brought up before

1. When I'm on the walkaround and I have to participate in a battle to progress in the game the 'Return from whence you came' link takes me back to the screen before the one that I came from, making it impossible for me to progress as the box is greyed out so I have to battle again - stuck in a loop. Anyone know how to avoid this? It never used to happen.

2. When a pokémon is put to sleep, then is swapped and brought back out again it never wakes up.

3. Do stats increase based on stat exp? I know Mintman says everything that's in the cartrige is in RE but I'm just curious as to whether battling a five hundred level 5 nidorans is more beneficial to a pokémon, stat-wise, than battling five level 100 mewtwos as it is in the cartridge.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

MintMan

Member #1

Jan 8, 2005 13:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

1) The Whence bug you claim does not seem to exist. I just went through such structures in both versions without error. If you are speaking of the ones which you fail to have a flag for, thus are unable to initiate battle, and then kicks you back, that is supposed to happen.
  If you actually do fight something and still get kicked back, then there is a problem, but in none of the areas that I checked. Being more specific would help find any problem.

You are not talking about the one problem where the top frame does not load to the normal upper-half of Poliwhirl and instead stays the PokeBox or something, are you? Because that is a relatively easy problem to fix -- don't get the top frame stuck as Poli. Just always return from whence and all is well.

2) Sleep forever? I can see how that would be... I should look into that. It could very well be true.

3) Yes, stat experience was implemented a while ago, but if you know anything about stat experience, it does not require that much individual training. In fact, it was the use of the Rare Candy duplication that brought most problems with it. If you battle your way up from the lower levels, your stat experience will typically max-out just like your regular experience.
  After all, having the raw XP of five L100 Mewtwos is much better than the fractions of points you would gain from L5 Tentacools Slanted Mouth

[Editted by MintMan on Jan 8, 2005 13:29]
Kal

Member #127

Jan 9, 2005 7:19

Righteo, an example.

In zones[109] (maelstrom caves)
  Go north
  In zones[122] (maelstrom caves) Fight to proceed etc.
  North button grey-ed out
  Click on explore
  North button appears
  Battle ensues
  Battle ends
  Exp. screen
  Click return from whence you came link
  Taken back to zones[109]
  North to zones[122]
  North button grey-ed out

It's the same with all events like this. It may just be my computer. Any thoughts though?

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 9, 2005 11:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm...it works for me. Mayhaps it has something to do with your computer being a moron?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  The best Mario club, only for the best Mario fans!
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 9, 2005 12:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yup, just as I thought. You probably have some insane cookie settings that prevent a frame from communicating with another frame. Of course, this is a viable security measure that makes much sense unless it is communications from the same site.

I might guess whatever fruity programs you are using with IE are causing this.

So... did this always happen to you, or is this something recent?
Kal

Member #127

Jan 9, 2005 12:51

Only recent. Perhaps it's the firewall or it could be spyware running in the background. I'll run the spyware check and disable the firewall tomorrow and try again.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

[Editted by Kal on Jan 9, 2005 17:58]
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 10, 2005 15:53

Honestly, firewalls are such a problem these days. People get them and think that everything will be all perfect, no offense to you Kal, you aren't the only one by far, but then they don't have the know how to scale down the defenses so that certain sites run properly, mine included. When will people release their pride and read the instruction manual?
  Least Kal knows that it might be the firewall and spyware causing grief, I've dealt with people that have denied it! Why would something good for my computer cause problems? GRAAAAAA!
  I will check later to see if I run into the same problem, however.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?

[Editted by boyachi on Jan 10, 2005 15:58]
Kal

Member #127

Jan 11, 2005 11:17

haha, my firewall has no manual - it was a free download from AOL so I thought what the hell, I might as well have it if it's there. It's bloody annoying though that every time I update my anti-virus, it acts like it's a whole new piece of software and threatens to deny access. *grumble mumble*

Had a play around with the settings, they don't help much - exteremly 'user-friendly', which is another way of saying 'basic'.

No offence taken. Most people are inept when it comes to these things I don't claim to be computer-savvy, but I make do with what I know, and it's got me by this long. Most people don't even update their anti-virus because they think that just installing it is enough...
  Blech, I'll just have to see what happens and have a toy around in IE options, see if there's anything amiss.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

[Editted by Kal on Jan 11, 2005 11:20]
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 11, 2005 13:56

Ah, I understand. This problem came up recently -- just as recently as AOL starting distributing anti-virus software.

Know what AOL does? Suck! They wouldn't need to hand out firewalls for free if there service didn't suck so bad in the first place!

I would honestly recommend just turning off the entire firewall if you can. If it is from AOL, chances are that it does/attempts blanket blocking, but not a whole lotta protection that will actually amount to anything, such as preventing real viruses.
Kal

Member #127

Jan 13, 2005 17:32

Surprise surprise - disabled the firewall and guess what instantly works again...

* gives MintMan a rock to throw at AOL *

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

[Editted by Kal on Jan 13, 2005 17:33]
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jan 14, 2005 23:12
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Might as well put this here... I tried to fight for a Malestrom Badge, but all it brought up for an opponent was a level 0 female nothing, no picture either. After a bit, it brought up a message on my comp about a script on the page making IE run slowly, and gave me an option to terminate it, saying that continuing to run said script could cause my comp to become unresponsive. This sound like a problem on my end?

"I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!" - Moguo, FFIX
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 16, 2005 21:29

A-ha! Thank you! Some one else (K-Vex, the bannably-bannable person from back in the summer) complained about something vaguely similar, but they were too stupid to supply any information other than "it doesn't work" Sweat Drop

Endless loop, eh? That gives me a place to look at least. Good'un, LM.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 1:59 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022