Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 4:17 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Kildurin Gym finally complete (RBY)

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Ishamael

Member #142

Dec 9, 2004 24:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Why not advertise my gym? It's been down so long people probably think its just another broken gym...reason why-- because I was busy with other things and kinda wallowing in self pity.

But thats done with now and I'm as normal a person as I'm ever going to be.

Visit the Kildurin Gym
  If you find any errors, glitches, etc. in the RBY gym, please Email me at ishamael.420@gmail.com

And before you ask, I know the GSC and all other content doesn't work. I have yet to make that stuff. Wavey Mouth

[Looking across the Arkansas River...]
  TOUR GUIDE: "Usually, you might see some bass fishermen out there."
  DUBYA: "A submarine could take this place out."
  Well...that's a bit off topic... true, but a bit off topic...
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Dec 13, 2004 16:14
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yo!
  First off, I took the short cut thinking it was the long way. Guess it's a bit too easy.

Second, I walked around beating things up, and when I got the knife, I got this message: The
  requested URL /rel/rby/mainwalk' + parent.walknum + '.html was not found on this server.

Oh, another bug, if you DON'T hit the buttton after you win the battle, it still says 'pick up knife', even once you've left the room

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Dec 13, 2004 16:19]

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Dec 13, 2004 16:20]
Ishamael

Member #142

Dec 13, 2004 22:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Of course...always with the links using variables...

Why is it always those links?

Thanks for telling me though...why the button link stuff...why...why?

EDIT: Btw, how did u like my bypass storyline? Odd, no?

Ugh: found the link problem...now i need a solution

function something()
  {window.open("mainwalk' + vari + '.html", "_self");}

does not work

document.write('<a href="mainwalk' + parent.vari + '">mainwalk</a>');

does

the code I'm using for calling the function shud work, its ripped directly from my walkaround and does work there.
  It is:

<INPUT TYPE=BUTTON NAME=south VALUE="South" ONCLICK="something();return false">

Before anybody asks, I do have it set to read javascript in the appropriate places, so its not that.

And about the button name thing, what are you talking about; the way you said that made no sense to me. . .maybe I'm just stupid today Tongue

. . . nevermid about me being stupid today. I was stupid the day I changed that bit of code. I forgot to tell it to change the name of the button back to north. My smart. . . (very NOT so) Nervous

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
  --George W. Bush
  When, Mr. Bush? When did you turn?

[Editted by Ishamael on Dec 13, 2004 23:18]

[Editted by Ishamael on Dec 13, 2004 23:19]
Rook

Member #112

Dec 15, 2004 16:55
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've got a couple questions for starting my own.

1. How many GB of bandwith will I need? I'm planning on having art, fanfics, and a gym (maybe two which brings me to my next question)

2. Can you have more than one gym on one site (belonging to separate people)? I have a friend who wanted to put a gym up on the site I'm hopefully getting.

* class changes to Rogue *

"Sometimes you drink the milk, sometimes the milk drinks you." --Mandy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 15, 2004 19:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, I do not see what that has to do with this topic at all, but no, only one gym per web site. That's the rule.

Also, do not worry about bandwidth. If you have ever visited the RE Leauge (which I shall assume you have), then you would know that everything happens on the RE League site save for some few text files.
  Any free host will give you unlimited bandwidth unless you also have scripts provided, or at least any good free host.

One gig will be overkill for bandwidth.

"No, I never lose. I just choose not to win." - Mandy
Ishamael

Member #142

Dec 15, 2004 21:12

You could try getting your friend to use Hostultra for hosting his gym. Its generally a fairly good host. Angelfire and Geocities work too, but they don't do much more; Hostultra has PHP (which even my paid host doesn't have--stupid shaw), and a bunch of other things. Even a JavaScript walkaround that emulates the one here will run easily on very little bandwidth. It's impossible to get an HTML file big enough to cause problems--its flash images and downloads that cause difficulties.

Anyone have an answer to my question a few posts up? Why does the code work when I tell it to write a link with the target, but a function using window.open doesn't?

EDIT: Nevermind about that question: I figured it out. With the "a href" code you use single quotes, but when using "input type=button" you have to use double quotes. So: gym should be working properly now.:D

And by the way. . . questions like yours generally go in the Gym Forum. I got the answers I needed within a couple days of posting the question, so don't say the forum is dead, its just that no-one has any reason to post in it because it generally fits in the other catagories and don't have anything to respond to in there.

[Looking across the Arkansas River...]
  TOUR GUIDE: "Usually, you might see some bass fishermen out there."
  DUBYA: "A submarine could take this place out."
  Well...that's a bit off topic... true, but a bit off topic...

[Editted by Ishamael on Dec 17, 2004 24:07]
Kal

Member #127

Dec 20, 2004 17:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The new gym is great, Ish. Partially because I didn't spend hours searching for the gym battle. It's definately one of the more impressive gyms that I've played. Seems all the work has paid off. Good for you!

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

Ishamael

Member #142

Jan 27, 2005 24:17

Thanks.

Did you figure out Ba'alzamon's riddle about directions you need to take to climb the mountain? That riddle is supposed to slow people down until I get it 100% finished. I have some extra features I plan to add, but I don't have it started yet. Been doing other things... like going to school and having homework. Tongue

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.
  --George W. Bush
  OK then. . .
Kal

Member #127

Jan 30, 2005 7:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah I figured it out. I caught on straight away because I had a similar puzzle on my gym. Changed it now though - more time consuming bwahahaa!

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

TheFireToad

Member #244

Aug 31, 2005 22:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The Kildurin Gym was the most challenging gym I've battled in so far.I can't wait until the GSC version comes out! Keep up the good work!

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 31, 2005 22:50

I must say...excellent gym, Ishamael. And the information on coding might prove to be of infinite worth to me if/when I start working on Mushroom Gym.

Riddle? There was a riddle pertaining to the mountain? I just climbed up the mountain using lots of trial and error. I found about thirteen ways how not to climb the mountain, and one way how to climb it...

...and then I lost the gym battle five times consecutively, closed the browser window, and now have to restart all over again Dead

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 4:17 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022