Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 5:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: What the Shiznit?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Battalon127

Member #25

Oct 16, 2004 13:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I decided it was high time to evolve my surfing Pikachu, but when I went to buy it, I found my precious hoard of yen in the negative, nearly 50000! I know I spent a precious long time fighting Boyachi, precious, but it shouldn't have taken away that much, should it? Plus, I discovered I had 51 Ultra Balls. Is there any chance I could sell these in a desperite attempt to regain my lost precious -er yen? gollum, gollum

[Edit]- I did a little experimenting and discovered that by entering a "-" before the number of an item, you can gain money for them, effectively selling them. I don't know if this has ever been mentioned anywhere, but it could be useful information (especially if things aren't supposed to work that way) Oh, and the first-post sig glitch is still not fixed.

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." ~Christopher Reeve

[Editted by Battalon127 on Oct 16, 2004 13:27]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 16, 2004 14:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, Battalon, this was mentioned some time ago in this very forum...or maybe the gym leader's forum.

I think I've also plunged into the negative because of stupid Boyachi. Shoot, this is by far the toughest gym out of all of 'em.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

boyachi

Member #92

Oct 16, 2004 17:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*cracks knuckles*
  Yea, well, I have round 100 pages made for it and trained them all up to lvl 100, and I am humbled by your compliments. Just trying to make things interesting.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 16, 2004 18:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Of course the first-post-sig-bug is not fixed. It was never even made. The sig randomizer was only ever added to replies.

That negative selling thing is still around? No, you are not supposed to be able to do that. I mean, you get full price for selling; it is supposed to be half, and moreover, no selling in the League.

And yes you would lose that much to Boyachi; you lose to a high leveled trainer, and you lose what you would have gained. Do it a lot and find yourself negative very quickly.

Also, much compliments to your extraordinary ability to give the titles of topics something that actually explains what the post is about and not just random Camo-esque idiocy. (Psst, that is the bad kind of Camo-ism.)

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 16, 2004 18:12]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 16, 2004 23:45

As I just learned, I am STILL in the positive with my yen, and I can lose to Boyachi several dozen times again before I'll be in the negative. But maybe I'll just go fight in the Venom Gym or something to level up before trying again.

Incidentally, MintMan, isn't what Boyachi is doing with his gym against the code? Aren't you, like, NOT allowed to hide away the gym so that no one is able to access it without solving a puzzle? That was the policy aeons ago...has it been changed? If so, I'm sorry, for I have not followed R.E.L. that well.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  All your base are belong to us.

boyachi

Member #92

Oct 17, 2004 1:37

No, the rules haven't changed, I made sure that there was a backdoor.
  There is other ones with hidden gyms, I just made mine more hidden with less clues and just gave the password as the easy way out.
  There are no passwords that you MUST do in order to go straight to the gym battle, nor battles or events that must occur, I installed back doors for each that would seem that way.
   I tried explaining the way to find this type of hiding in a MUCH earlier post in this forum...but no one seemed to get it. So...I'm not going to try again.* uses the technique Guard and integrity *

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 17, 2004 2:41

Yeah, and it also ain't against the rules to spill the beans on your little operation.

On every page that you need to fight to get a password, one of the letters or something will be a link. However, if you are even playing the RE League with any seriousness, then a gym leader who went through such insane measures (100+ pages Boggle ) to make a storyline is well worth playing.

I mean, that is the entire reason I made the RE League -- not for battles, but for RPG storylines, and that is precisely why I add more things like Flags than things like Breeding.... also 'cause it's easier.

That is why END is going to rule so much -- all the storyline of REL with unlimited programming fun! It is going to be how the RE League was originally supposed to be -- everything takes place on the gym leader's site, not Reality's End. I cannot remember what exactly buggered that plan... I think it was being unable to read cookies from off-site. Well, non-Angelfire sites.
  I remember considering if the RE League should only be open to Angelfire sites because of that cookie dilemma, but I decided against it, and 'tis prolly good that I did.

END can be on-site, tho', because it uses that no-text input HT Access. I would really love to get something like that rigged up for the RE League just so non-cookie -- and frame-using gyms -- can allow access sans cookie. Of course, that would require telling every thing leader "Hey, you need new Master Code!" and I would lose 90% of the gyms I have right now.

.... yet, I am still considering it. The way I see it, no good gyms would be lost.
Camo

Member #5

Oct 17, 2004 6:33
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*Lays down Camo-esque idiocy mines*

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 17, 2004 11:39

Sorry for the accusation...so, if you search with a fine comb you're going to find links to everything? I never tried to do that. Besides, the storyline was more fun. I don't know why I still haven't started the storyline on the Mushroom City, even though I am at Adept Trainer rank...probably because I don't feel making 100-some pages and want to make a JavaScript-based walkaround, which ALSO is beyond my little programming powers?

The original plotline I was thinking of consists of collecting five Platinum Mushrooms to get to the back door of the Mushroom Gym. Now, however, I am reconsidering to make that only one Platinum Mushroom...with a lot of battles and everything on the way. Of course, I am not restricting access since you can always enter the Gym through the front door, but...

...But anyway, I must congratulate Boyachi on his extraordinary work, and I highly recommend that you promote him to Adept Trainer so that he can double the thickness of the storyline. Oh, ya, Boyachi, one thing -- when people finally reach you, you really should have the URL to that page be given to the user, because, well, I lost several times and just quit Internet Explorer, so now I just have to replay the entire thing again. Argh.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 17, 2004 11:45

Everything does not need a backdoor. The rules state that only the gym must be reached; a gym leader is free to hide whatever else he feels like.

So long as one my do nothing but click links or buttons on his way to a gym, no rule is violated. Your Platinum Mushroom thing sounds as though it could be in violation since it requires doing something before getting into the gym beyond no-thought clickature.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 17, 2004 22:31

No, no, you misunderstood me. You will always be able to access the battle with me via entering through the "front door". Or you can alternatively go the long way and play through the entire plotline - and if you get tired of the plotline, you can always just return to the city and challenge me anytime.

Is that really illegal? I mean, accessing the "front door" is going to be easier than easy; it's just a few clicks away.

Now that I think about it...if someone beats the gym via front door, there won't be any reason to actually play through the plotline...is it really against all rules to connect your Present and Future gyms and force people to play both in order to be able to unlock secrets in either?

I mean, technically the code is that the gym must be available at any given point, and that is what I do. I mean, you know how you are able to just barge into the gym right now in the Mushroom City and just challenge me? I'm always going to leave that possibility because I know that some new members of R.E. League will just simply want to rush through the gyms as quickly as possible just to get all the badges.

Again, please tell me if what I am planning is against R.E.L. Gym code. I don't think it is, anyway.

Oh ya, and, Boyachi, good luck with your gym!

* uses the technique Luck on boyachi for his gym *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 17, 2004 22:56

Integrating past and present into one is frowned upon only because it confuses people when they are at one gym and get an "Account does not exist" for not signing up for the other version.

Connecting there storylines is perfectly acceptable, but Hel-snow can you force one before the other. You have to remember that people do not necessarily have both account nor will necessarily play both of your gyms at the same time or ever, for that matter.

Okay, your front-door/back-door idea seems strange. Usually, you only have a back door if the front door is blocked in some sort of way. If it is not... it just seems sorta strange to call the other way a back door, but yes, many gyms do have their leader battle up front and allow those who wish to venture inside for more plotness (much like Maelstrom LATS).
  However, it usually is not quite such a good idea, for me more than others, because idiot losers will throw themselves at you and lose all of their yen really fast with their one pathetic Pokemon... actually, you people will want to do that Tongue I just have a problem with morons being completely overpowered and enstrengthening my gym because they for some idiotic reason believe that right after signing up and choosing one Pokemon, they will be able to defeat the likes of me. * uses the technique Urus to flex his the mussels bought from market *

So what you are saying does not seem to be illegal. Illegality only comes in if you ever force someone to do anything or to think.
  If someone could not blindfold themselves and get to your gym by clicking random spots several billion times, then it is illegal. Any sort of battle or puzzle in the way... illegal. Requiring flags of any sort.... illegal.
  Nothing can actually stopper your gym. This is why I really want to make the Gym Rematch battle -- it would make leaders much less picky about their gym 'cause they would have a real battle with their true-leveled Pokemon blocked by whatever flag they saw fit.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 18, 2004 24:45

*drooling* Making people fight my team at their true lvl 100 potential. MMMMM...I would love to go through and fight everyone again anyway.
  That, and I really should experiment more with the X-pokes...
  Maybe I will catalog stuff on peoples sites so that I will visit beaten sites again, cuz I really should. So should evry one else. Continue the hits for the older gyms!

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Battalon127

Member #25

Oct 20, 2004 11:46

Well, a lot of response to a post I expected to die at birth. Actually, the main point was the whole selling items thing, and I probably should have said so in the topic. Nervous
  However, all suck-up apologies aside, I would like to extend my kudos to boyachi for a most engaging gym. I'm still have to find time to explore his GSC installment. I hope my gym will hold somewhat of the same kind of interest for people when I someday finish it...
  Oh, yeah, and I still haven't beaten both of your Chanseys!

If you think "fast food" is hitting a deer at 65 miles an hour, you might be a redneck.

If you think N'Sync is where your dirty dishes are, you might be a redneck. ~Jeff Foxworthy

EDIT: a href? I think ya meant img src... wee! abuse!

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 20, 2004 15:52]
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Oct 28, 2004 20:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Gym Rematches!
  *drools enough to cause a large puddle*
  Tagging out level 1's for 100's in such a battle would give XP allowing crazy leveling, don't know if that's good or bad, though.

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Oct 28, 2004 20:04]
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 1, 2004 11:46

Crazy levelling? Its the RE League! I took my main party from 55 to 70 in a half-hour! I think the main point of rematches would be for gym leaders. It's a good way for everyone to see their team in all its glory. And for weak newbies to give them lots of money. But I'm sure that was all said already.

* class changes to Priest *

If you think "fast food" is hitting a deer at 65 miles an hour, you might be a redneck.

If you think N'Sync is where your dirty dishes are, you might be a redneck. ~Jeff Foxworthy
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 1, 2004 18:48

Ya lost me there...how exactly do the rematches work?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

MintMan

Member #1

Nov 1, 2004 19:52

They don't. Gym rematches are not part of the R.E. League; I only mentioned them in this post as something that I wanted to add.

* uses SmokeSwipe on LieutenantEagle's n00bism before it gets any worse *
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 1, 2004 23:48

Wait a moment.

First of all, how did I get a n00bism in the first place, or was that a tech description thing that you added?

Second of all, what I meant to ask was "how would it work if it were made"?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 2, 2004 11:53
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think MM used that bang function (exclamation mark before item) along with the tech to give you the n00bism before stealing it, all in the same tech.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 5:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022