Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 2:23 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Pokemon Australia

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Camo

Member #5

Sep 23, 2004 7:10
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok, I got the s***s with absolutly no pokemon communitys in australia, on or offline, so decided to make up a forum, now by any small chance does anyone on here know anyone in Australia that plays pokemon :S.

I think I may be the only Aussie with a pokemon advance game, but if there are others, please send em to http://pkmnaus.suddenlaunch3.com

Cheers bastards,
   Camo

c*** me up scotty
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 23, 2004 18:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry, but the only foreigners that I know of who play Poke are all from the motherland and not the commonwealths.

And you are not alone. Pretty much, if you do not live in California, New York, or a fifth grade classroom five years ago, you are not going to find anyone who plays Pokemon.

Quite sucks, really. On-line battling sucks because it is all hack-jobs and none of the real substance of the game. That, and most on-line battling has tried up. What is there, Netbattle? Ooo! That can hold interest for about five seconds!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 23, 2004 21:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I say, MintMan, why don't you incorporate some sort of live battle system between two R.E. members?

What I mean is two people can battle with the Pokemon on their R.E. accounts live for real R.E. League prizes. Of course, I know you're pretty busy with Battling Dragons now and everything, but whenever RE becomes the top priority, I think it might be something that you may want to keep in your subconscious memory.

Now that I reconsider and think of Arena Terrae, you may not have the bandwidth. Then again, who knows. I am pathetic when it comes to computer science.

...As for you, Camo, well...yeah. You're pretty much screwed.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 23, 2004 22:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oy veh, I was hoping this would never come up again. LE, did you have a big glass of n00b-juice this morning?
  This has got to be one of the oldest and unfortunately most brought-up topics in all REL-dom, especially with the little new ones.

There was a live battler. Two, in fact -- the RELLB on F2S when I actually somewhat had resources to run such a thing, and PBS (although not technically mine or the RE League's).
  And, as we all know, if I came close to having the resources to do such a thing, they would all pour into Arena Terrae first.

Fact of the matter is that the REL is not based on live battling. It is really hardly based on battling at all. It is more about the storylines than anything else. I mean, what is more difficult? Fighting fights you usually win by scrolling down at a moderate pace or tracking down where in the Hel to get the flags to fight that Shadowman?

RP all the way, yo.

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
Camo

Member #5

Sep 24, 2004 3:21
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just got leaf green... Its bringing back lots of memories.

Anyone know the approx range on the wireless linker thing? If its decent I might go down to one of the local primary schools, boot it up and beat the crap outta some snot nosed kid... Thats if its still in the schools.

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 24, 2004 20:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry Minty, I guess the topic was always brought up on the times when I was not around Reality's End.

I think the wireless adapter has a guaranteed range of several feet or something like that.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Camo

Member #5

Sep 24, 2004 21:04

Apparently on Serebii they said its got 100 feet good quality, 300 feet maximum, so thats about 100 metres maximum. Although I heard that if they make the games that use the wireless adapter work with the DS apparently you could get like 10000 miles, but I think some people might just have too much faith in the DS.

c*** me up scotty
Rook

Member #112

Sep 24, 2004 22:14
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

100,000 miles... no way in Hell. By internet, perhaps.

I thought the range was 40 feet... oh, well.

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
Camo

Member #5

Sep 24, 2004 22:27

For DS I said 10,000 miles, sorry I should have put the comma in. I didnt read it off anything official just some over excited DS fan believed it.

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 25, 2004 1:49

* uses the technique ProtectiveHeal *

Yes, what you're saying is probably closer to the truth. I don't think GBA wireless adapter would be able to work very far.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
Rook

Member #112

Sep 25, 2004 21:49
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry. Misread that. I thought I saw somewhere that the GBA Wireless Adapter had a range of 40 feet or something. (For anyone who got mixed up on my post, the GBA, not the DS)

To wield a sword is to wield the most divine and diverse weapon of all time.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 26, 2004 10:21

What happens if the connection is interrupted by something, solar flare or whatnot? Does everything glitch up?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 26, 2004 13:50

Ten to one, yes. One time I was having a match with a certain cable, and after a while, we weren't fighting each other, the computer was fighting as our oppenents. So I am guessing something like that would happen.* uses the technique Haste to the power of the solar flare *

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Sep 27, 2004 21:09
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

10,000 miles?! GOOD LORD!
  Infrared radiation at a level to last that far would probably be enough to cook a turkey up close!
Camo

Member #5

Oct 2, 2004 2:12

Hey Man O Mint, could you throw that pokemon Australia site in your links section? That would be tops if ya could, dunno if theres many Aussie REers but yeah, it'd be tops.

c*** me up scotty
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 2:23 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022