Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 6:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Swampert!!!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Camo

Member #5

Jun 12, 2004 1:40
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

How bloody good is this pokemon, I started with Sceptile and just got a mudkip and its family and stuff, got a Swampert at around level 50 and must say its gotta be the coolest starter, lol, I trained that chicken after my sceptile and thought it was best, but now I've done Swampert I must say its rather cool. Just cant et over how good it is, I mean it learns poosurf and earthquake by itself!!! (poosurf is some surf rip off, I think its mudwave or something)
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 13, 2004 23:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This is either another mindless rambling or something of Ruby or sapphire...neither of which I have seen for a while. In fact, I can count the minutes on one hand how long I have watched it, let alone played it myself, which is sadly null.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Camo

Member #5

Jun 14, 2004 7:00
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ahhh its worth getting, I never played g/s/c but I think its damn awesome, sucked me back into pokemon good. Although Mintman seems not to think its too great.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 14, 2004 11:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lemme tell ya why the Minty hates R/S so much, for it has little to do with the games themselves, per se...
  (imagine ems talking in a low, monotone, slow voice for maximum hilarity!)

"Hey, I'm the Mint Man, and I just made the RE League."
  Time passes...
  "Ono, the RE League is kinda lame, I better make it like real Poke games."
  More time passes...
  "Darn-dang-it. They made a new Pokemon game. Well, I better make it so that if they ever do this again, I'll have an easy system set up for adding any new attacks, monsters, items, etc. when they come out. I'll be ready for anything. Dum-dee-dum."
  And finally........
  "Look, they made RS. Time for me to just add new pokes and not entirely change the mechanics of the game. ... what? They changed the entire way the game works? ... BAH DAMMIT! YOU STUPID MOTHER ******** ****** ******** *************************** *!"
  (that part wouldn't be monotone)

And thus why the Mint hates RS. The end!

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Camo

Member #5

Jun 14, 2004 20:02

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA That explains a whole lot, but didn't the system change from b/r/y to g/s/c ???

Ahh well, I will now give Minty a pat on the head of sympathy.

*pat*
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 15, 2004 18:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes it did, hence the long time between the debut of GS and the LotGJ REL. However, the system changes between RBY and GS(C) were not as extreme. The Metals were more of an upgrade of the Colors, while the Stones were a complete re-vamp. So in creating the GSC RE League, MM had only to change certain parts of his game, while for an R/S/? version, the entire script would have to be re-written. I think. *Looks frantically about for MintMan to come and correct post*

I will never understand why they cook on TV. I can't smell it. Can't eat it. Can't taste it. The end of the show they hold it up to the camera, "Well, here it is. You can't have any. Thanks for watching. Goodbye."

Camo

Member #5

Jun 17, 2004 7:29

So who on these boards actually has one of the new games? I got the first 200, considering getting that pokemon channel game to get jirachi, but that game does look terrible.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jun 17, 2004 8:09
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have Pokemon Sapphire, if you're curious to know. What I'm curious about is how you got jirachi through pokemon channel. I thought that you only got jirachi through a pre-order colloseum bonus disk. That, or by using a gameshark. I don't have either, though. Frown
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 17, 2004 15:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have Ruby, but I haven't really played much since the berry glitch took effect, since I don't have anywhere nearby where I can get it fixed. (They probably charge you for it, too)

I will never understand why they cook on TV. I can't smell it. Can't eat it. Can't taste it. The end of the show they hold it up to the camera, "Well, here it is. You can't have any. Thanks for watching. Goodbye."

Camo

Member #5

Jun 18, 2004 2:38

I dont have jirachi, I am getting channel tonight just so I can hurry and get jirachi before I get coloseum, though I still probobly wouldn't use it on coloseum :P. Well see here in Australia, we didn't get the pre order deal but we can get it in channel, how I have no idea, but I plan on getting 2, one for myself and one for a mate who plans on getting one of the original remake games when they come out, mainly so I can trade with him for another rare/legendary. I like having one of each pokemon, dunno why, just do.
  I dont think our EBs have the same deals as you guys get, like I've heard of the berry glitch fixer, and getting a special zigzagoon, but I once went to the closest one (they had coloseum on there shelves, so I went back the next week to buy it, only to find it was a pre order) and had my GBA in my pocket with Saphire, and the dude there said nothing bout upgrades or bonuses, so then maybe its free and he couldn't care? I dunno, perhaps the PAL version of Saphire isn't effected by the glitch.
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 18, 2004 16:15

What is this berry glitch?

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 18, 2004 16:42

After about a year of owning your cartridge, certain time-based events (most noticably the growth of berries) stop working. I'm sure that GameFreaks/Nintendo fixed it in later releases of the game, but that doesn't help those of us who got it in the first week it was released.

The Swiss have an interesting army. Five hundred years without a war. Pretty impressive. Also pretty lucky for them. Ever see that little Swiss Army knife they have to fight with? Not much of a weapon there. Corkscrews. Bottle openers. 'Come on, buddy, let's go. You get past me, the guy in back of me, he's got a spoon. Back off. I've got the toe clippers right here.
Camo

Member #5

Jun 18, 2004 19:09

Actually I've heard every single english catridge is exactly the same, but I only got my game recently, so yeah, and soon I'll get my Jirachi so I'll be saved from the berry glitch before it happens Big Smile
Rook

Member #112

Jul 4, 2004 16:13
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jun 12, 2004 1:40, Camo said:

I trained that chicken

It's Blaziken!!!

It's my favorite Pokemon. It rocks!! Mine's at level 100.

How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Ruby/ Sapphire versions' champion
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 4, 2004 22:42

Aside from a Mewtwo, there are few things that could contend with a party of smergles. Talk about customization. Simply put, any move you can think of, and enough time, you can give to your smergles. Like recover. Lock-on+gulliotine. Other cool stuff.
  So, after I finally get pokemon stadium 2, I'm gonna use my hacked gold game to see a diglett fly. I just have to know what happens.

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 5, 2004 1:27

Too bad Smearg has some of the worst stats in the entire game and can easily be taken out by a single Cross Chop.

Hel, a Fighting HP could take him out. In fact, an Electrode's ThunderBolt can even take him out if I remember my calculations correctly.
  Moves are not everything. Starts are still more than very important as well, thus why Legendaries are so over-the-top.
Camo

Member #5

Jul 5, 2004 4:54

yeah, I agree with Mintman STARTS are rather important Tongue
  HAHAHAHAHA, MINTMAN CANT SPELL NERNINININEERRRRNERERERRRRR.

Ahh I'll cherish this for a while Tongue

Anyways, stats are very important, I've been getting into natures and EVs lately (couldnt be buggered with IVs but).

I actually got a feraligatr by using coloseum and I think thats now my fav non legendary pokemon, with Ancient Power/Earthquake/Ariel Ace/Hydro pump it can pretty much super effectivly beat the s*** outta almost anything thrown at it.

Hehe, so now my Swampert is the second best earthquaking physical water poke I got, actually they will probobly make a good tag team.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 5, 2004 14:10

Yeah, Smergle sucks loads o' sucking. Everyone always acts like he's some sort of god, but I always waste him in a blink.

Oh, and that Lock-On + OHKO "death combo"? Yeah, one switch and the LO is broken. Boy, that sure was a hard one to beat. Additionally, I'd prolly have it dead in the two turns it took to do that, seeing how Smerg and the fasted bloke on the ... bloke-place.

* sets a secret VenomSting in his own defense *
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 5, 2004 23:46

well...starts are important, thus, extreme speed could do some righteous smack to anyone. Plus quick claw could be interesting. Still, few things in Pokemon beat a hacked mewtwo. Except a perfect stat hacked shiny pokemon, of course.

Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jul 6, 2004 3:20

On Jul 5, 2004 1:27, MintMan said:

Moves are not everything. Starts are still more than very important as well

Wake up to yourselves and start virtually loughing at Mintman.
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 23, 2024 6:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022