Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 9:34 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: End of the RE League

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Ishamael

Member #142

Oct 18, 2005 16:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's the problem with making a good game. People expect you to update it when they don't realize that the next update on the game mechanics (from the GSC style to the R/S style) is one heck of a lot more time than one would expect (or at least, someone who's had little programming experience)

I personally am amazed anyone had the patience to faithfully reproduce the game mechanics of the first two, which are simple by comparison. I've done just enough programming to be able to look at a game and think "How did anyone manage to make this game?" (probably because I don't know any of the shortcuts working programmers use)

I'm happy with what Mint's done, since people who come up with storyline ideas can make their own story and not have to worry about making game mechanics to make it work properly. The only updates for the REL that I think are necessary in the future is a completion of the walkaround for LotGJ (and the addition of Mew into LAtS, unless that's become a dead concept, since the only way to get Mew in RBY is to use a Gameshark or exploit a glitch, etc. -- as far as I've heard anyways) An R/S version will have to wait until Mint wins a huge lottery or something and decides "Since I'm so rich, I'm going to hire an army of programmers to make the newer versions of the REL for me" (in other words, I sincerely doubt it's ever going to happen.)

And, by the way, how do people figure out the equations and the like for these games? As far as I know, Nintendo has yet to release an open source version of any pokemon game.

“To me it looks like a shiney golden wire of hope”
  –Barret, FF7 (yes I know the word is shiny, but that’s the direct quote)
Pikang

Member #230

Oct 18, 2005 20:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Remember, Ruby and Sapphire (and all of the 3rd generation Versions, like FireRed and Emerald and LeafGreen)have new parts added, like Pokemon abilities, which is too hard to program on here, I'm sure.

There is just NO WAY anyone can beat the truly awesome power of Shadow Bannette and Shadow Sableye! HahaHA! Shadow Pokemon RULE! I will trash you all!

....Um...Resistance...is.....
  ...futile?
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 18, 2005 22:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, yeah, "R/S hard" has already been said quite a number of times.

Back to important issues, analyzing the binary data of the GB games gives some information, but most of it comes from good ol' research like Azure Heights and the other sites in my links used to do. Now, I think there is only one real research left at Pokemon Forever.

"I got my hair highlighted, because I felt some strands were more important than others." ~ Mitch Hedberg
Battalon127

Member #25

Oct 19, 2005 24:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And even that's not working at the moment! Seems like all that wonderful research and other confuzering thingies that I kinda understand when someone else explains but could never find for myself is going the way of the intelligent, hard-working American (whoops, getting a little too political). Most likely everyone who used to do it (at least a good job of it) grew up, entered the real world, and had less time to do it as they had to, like Boyachi mentioned before, have to feed themselves and stuff. I'd do it, but I don't have the slightest idea how. Well, maybe the slightest, but that's not much to go on. 'Sides, RSE/FlLg didn't really impress me much. I'm not even sure what it was about it, other than the more or less fake feeling/worthless new pokemon and unimpressive new attacks making me reconsider my $30 investment (I don't have a whole lotta money) and something about the whole game just feeling dumbed-down. And the fact that they added a bunch of features, but none of the ones I really wanted. As far as I'm concerned, all Mints should work on for REL is what already exists (not that there's any question, I'm just agreeing). I mean, why start a new project with the amount of unfinishedness already present. But a little progress would be nice. When's the B-Day?

Black and White do not exist, and shades of gray have long since passed on. All is now a full spectrum, and the most extreme closest of all.
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Oct 19, 2005 14:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, back when you're first a Gym Leader, you think "Wow, cool!" and then later on it kinda wears off, and you lose your caring about it. If you want Mint to do something, then you start first. No wonder most Gyms are in the Rising Faction level, NOBODY CARES!!! It takes a special few (which I am not) to put in the time to actually work on it.

"I'm high on life!"
  "No, you're just high."
Pikang

Member #230

Oct 19, 2005 15:11

OK, I personally think that Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen are NOT complete wastes. They have a LOT more interactivity than GSC and RBY. DEFINITLY Red, Blue, and Yellow.

I'm going to discuss this on the other forums I'm usually on.

www.redeck.com

I'm sure they'll agree with me.
  (sorry if I was ranting there. I have Aspergers Syndrome and cannot control my temper sometimes.)

There is just NO WAY anyone can beat the truly awesome power of Shadow Bannette and Shadow Sableye! HahaHA! Shadow Pokemon RULE! I will trash you all!

....Um...Resistance...is.....
  ...futile?
Ishamael

Member #142

Oct 19, 2005 23:36

We aren't saying it would be a waste of time.

We are saying that the programming effort involved is more than a hobbyist programmer will be willing to do, and, in case you haven't noticed, RE games aren't pay to play, thus Mint doesn't make a living from it, thus RE projects are hobbies, and must take a backseat to his work.

He just doesn't have the time, hence why I said the only way it would happen would be if he somehow got enough money to hire a group of programmers.

Confidence is both thy greatest ally and thy most worthy foe
Camo

Member #5

Oct 21, 2005 3:49
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I should be remade into a pokémon for the RE League, that'll get people coming.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 21, 2005 21:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Camo's got a point.
  What say you Mints? Can we catch the legendary Camo at Maelstrom?

oh and there is always Serebii.net that has loads of pokemon data...and I think the other is Psypoke that has good info on it, like attack calculator and whatnot.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 21, 2005 22:03

Selebii and Psypoke are some of those famous sites that got their start and continue to operate by stealing the hard work form other research and Pokemon sites and giving them no credit, just like Pokemasters.

There are just a lot less research sites out there now, but I know as sure as Hel that those two don't do any.

"On a traffic light, green means 'go' and yellow means 'yield,' but on a banana it's just the opposite. Green means 'hold on,' yellow means 'go ahead,' and red means 'where'd you get that banana?'" ~ Mitch Hedberg
aruns

Member #246

Feb 17, 2006 5:02
Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

why don`t you add missingo and the new pokemon from the orre region into the R.E League because everyone may be a bit more interested. what about rukario the steel/fighting type and sneasel`s new evolution manyula and finally manene the pre evolution of mr mime.

aruns

[Edited by aruns on Feb 17, 2006 5:03]

[Edited by aruns on Feb 17, 2006 5:04]

[Edited by aruns on Feb 18, 2006 3:48]
Pikang

Member #230

Feb 17, 2006 8:17

And place a "destruction" code for your data? MissingNo. doesn't even have an official artwork, and the battle sprites are the artwork from the guidebooks. Since MissingNo. doens't have a place in the Pokedex, it would be near impossible to find that image and upload it. It's not even a Pokemon, just a glitch that was orginially intented to make Mew catchable. If you catch it (Red and Blue only), it says you caught a Ditto, it sounds like a Rhydon in your Pokemon team, and in battle, it sounds like a Dragonair. PLUS, no matter if you catch it or not, it'll screwizise your Hall of Fame. Catch it, and expect the worst for your character sprite.

Aruns, MissingNo is destructive. Why the friggin....geez, that wan't even funny, man!

Also, if you said, "Orre Region"....the only ones that are new are MUNCHLAX AND BONSLY!. Every friggin' OTHER ones are all from other versions-no new ones. If you think that Orre-Region Pokemon are going to work, think again-Mints has bacially done that already with Gilded Jewel and LATS, and he's complained countless times about how it's near impossible to code and construct a Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald version on RE. So it's only good if you want to have a baby Sudowoodo and/or baby Snorlax THAT BADLY. And Manene and Rukario have no English names, and I have no clue when the DIamond/Pearl Versions are coming out, so don't even bother asking about them.
  [Edited by Pikang on Feb 17, 2006 10:19]

[Edited by Pikang on Feb 18, 2006 21:29]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 25, 2024 9:34 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022