Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 5:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Hello busy bee

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 17, 2004 15:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

hey, I appreciate the updates and all, and I know you have a job. Aside from the unanswered e-mails, WHY did you give gyms the option to give away legendaries? I mean, that stings! Not only does that take away much effort, what about the people who flew through the gyms already? What is left for them, if they missed a legendary? The intention was good, I will admit, but I don't think you should be giving legendaries away this easily, at least not the ones that usually you'd have to go through maelstrom to pick up.
  And just to peeve you, you had to put this in AFTER I beat my own gym.
  Cept for the stuff mentioned above and the others in the e-mails, everything else is peachy on your home front.
  I think I overdid this one...sry
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn. Very soon. Honestly. Picking up on the virtual-edible-multiflavor-jawbreaker-candles. Got any drill skimmers?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 17, 2004 19:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um.... but.... you can't give away Legendaries. I put a block against it..... right?

*checks*

Yeah, YFFI, Boyachi. It is hella blocked against. Y'know, just 'cause you can make them an X-Poke doesn't mean you can necessarily give it away. C'mon! You should know me smarter than that.
  Currently, only Legendaries are blocked; I shall add the rest of the extra-rare ones later, making them cost more dough to dish out.

And I did respond to your e-mails; I have a little "A" (which for some reason is my webmail's symbol for response) next to your messages.

Also, the Hel is wrong with your gym? I mean, it is cool how you have it all fight-first but you have other ways through and all, but... where the blutty Hel were you educated? DVs come from the father? What are you, retarded, or was it only your guide?
  Mother determines species; father determines attacks. Strength is random; speed is random. Defense will be an exact copy of the opposite gendered parent's, and special will be +8/0/-8 that of the opposite gendered parent. Get yer facts straight if you are going to work them into your gym storyline, man!
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 17, 2004 21:46

Ow. Well I used the link off of the link section to the one that has RBY and GSC stuff. So then... what happened to my badge pic, the name rater thingy isn't working, and I can't get into the gym leaders forum... and the last reply I got from you was 2/6. I sent you three emails on the 12th. I checked to day and the legendaries were up on the list of the ones you could pick, I didn't try to make one because, well, I was astounded, but if it was premature and there was some message thingy that would pop up, I'm kewl with that.
   *plants a nose tree*
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn. Very soon. Honestly. Picking up on the virtual-edible-multiflavor-jawbreaker-candles. Got any drill skimmers?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 17, 2004 22:15

First off, you do have access to the gym leader's forum, YFFI. Why didn't you ever think of checking instead of complaining about it again? You were up when you sent me an e-mail about not having access.

Second, X-Pokes can also be used in trainer battles; ergo, Legendaries must also be included in the list of possible X-Pokes. Just because it is an X-Poke don't mean it can be given away, and I would think people could reason enough that I would never do such a foolish thing, especially with how I horde over the Legendaries.

Your badge has not been uploaded because I only upload badge images after I defeat that leader's gym, thus proving its existance. I have defeated yours, so your badge will be uploaded next time I am FTPing.

I do not even see why you had to complain about the Name Rater code; I mean, on freakin' look, and you can tell what is wrong with it. It is the REL code to use a string argument, and I accidentally left both as double quotes; it did not show up in the Perl scripting since the two halves are kept far apart, but when spat out as code, I would think you would be able to surmise what was wrong, especially by seeing that it linked to javascript:goSpec(. If that did not give you a clue, then you are too far gone....

And finally, why the freakin' Hel are you still planting trees by saying that you are planting trees instead of with the :plant command, which even still would not work seeing as how this topic has the whole of two replies.

C'mon people!
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 17, 2004 22:32

because, I wanted someone to *pick a nose*
  I had checked the gym leader place last night at 1:00 AM and I couldn't get in.
  I was able to fix the event, slightly, and the namerater.
  Honestly, when did you actually start to think I knew what I was doing in javascript? What gave you the idea that I had any mastery what so ever? I'm not 'to far gone,' I grabbed a paddle and hit the creek, but forgot the boat! Thus I shall rant that I hate attempting to do stuff in FTP all together and...I don't know how to put flags on at all!!! WAAAAAAHH!! But I am learning slowly and I think I might have gotten it right with the event before hand, the flag part anyway, have no idea what the events problem was, but I fixed it. I need to flag so I don't have those stupid "link to ______" things at the end of battles, but it was the only way I could hold the storyline at the time with my pea knowledge. I'm going to stop ranting now. For now.
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 18, 2004 15:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dude, you are ANNOYING! Was I ever like that? The javascript stuff is something I don't claim to be any sort of expert in either, but I find I am learning bits and pieces of it (and how it works) from working with imported scripts and the like.

Anyhow, I've been kind of wondering for a while: I could swear I've seen people have customized messages at the scene after a battle (where EXP gain is displayed). I'm wondering if there is actually a way to do this, or if I just imagined it all. I have a couple of pages I don't want accessed until after a certain battle and I'd provide a hyperlink there than simply give the URL in the alert box. There are probably other ways to do this I'm sure, but unless someone can give me a crash course, I'll have to wait until I can take a web programming class at school (next year)
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson

[Editted by Battalon127 on Feb 18, 2004 15:21]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 18, 2004 22:20

No, you were always cool, and no, you were not imagining things. Through the magic of flags, special messages may be set on the winning screen. These messages are normally displayed to accompany further information that goes along with whatever the new flag gives access to. Since I think it is a good idea to set flags on just about any trainer battle (you never know when you might want to check them in the future), adding a custom message on the victory screen is something very easy to do.

I really regret flags not being free to add before. I really only gave them a cost because 1) I was tired of people incessantly asking "Dar, what are gym funds for?" so I gave them a purpose, and 2) I was afraid people, not understanding them fully, would set them blindly and lock-out most of their fights, but they have instead shown much reserve in using them if they cannot understand, so all is well.

I would be able to make a better flag tutorial through demonstrations, but those demonstrations would eat up some really good ideas, and then the gym leaders would not want to use anything like those ideas in their actual flagness! That is why I use the stupid cave scenario.

I mean, you could make a flag a ticket to the Safari Zone, which you buy from an event and then get to choose from a variety of wild battles, all of which require the ticket-flag beforehand and remove (reverse-set) the ticket flag after the battle so that the user has to buy another ticket.
  Or, you could make a flag the Sylph Scope that lets you get into a ghost tower -- do you see how many possibilities there are?

The most prominent use of flags, however, is to set it after a trainer, and require that same flag to not be set before fighting that same trainer, thus making a single-battle trainer.
  Then, there is the domino effect where you have one battle set a flag required by another battle, and that battle sets a flag required by a third, and so forth....

And of course, the new #BADGE flag is adding a lot of fun. I always thought I would have more special condition flags.... but I am not finding any. I think there were supposed to be HM and Pokemon flags. You know, requiring that one of your Pokemon has a certain attack (not even an HM, really; REL could allow you to have to use Rainy Day to get past an area ) or just to have a certain Pokemon period (like needing a on your belt to fight a Poliwhirl trainer).

I should also use this time to state that Boyachi is not annoying. I have been around far too long to see anything that Boyachi has done as the slightest bit unappealing. Now, if he started four new topics on this area and revived ten old ones, asking why no one has responded to him in the last hour he asked his question, then he would be annoying. He would also be Mad Mario, but annoying none the less.
  Also, the problem with the Name Rater was HTML related, not JavaScript related, despite the javascript: in the URL. If you want to get technical, quote-mismatches are a standard operating system faults.

[Editted by MintMan on Feb 18, 2004 22:25]
Ishamael

Member #142

Feb 19, 2004 24:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thanks for the extra info about flags, I migh use them in the upcoming, much more interesting gym i am working on (sooo slooooowly, since i have to learn/relearn 99% of every line of JS i use, and there will be a lot)

Also, I agree with Mint Man. Boyachi is not annoying. To not use names, the one who uses a sign name that is a shortened form of the word camoflauge is annoying. Only one person who wanders these forums fits this description...must...not...say...name...he'll...get...angry....trace where...I live....he'll...find...me and kill...me...he's...insane...must be...stopped.....*dies of restraining the temptation to name him for too long*
Ishamael

Bearer of the Kildurin sword, and master of the Kildurin gym.
Camo

Member #5

Feb 19, 2004 3:40
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 19, 2004 24:04, Ishamael said:

To not use names, the one who uses a sign name that is a shortened form of the word camoflauge is annoying.

Hehe, Flauge, what a silly name, lets all lough at the stupidity of that name!
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 19, 2004 13:17

In all fairness to boyachi, I was a little touchy yesterday. Sorry. And Ishamael, I have to say that while the unnamed person you were not naming can get a bit annoying, I find him equally, if not more, entertaining...

usually
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
VinnyD

Member #9

Feb 19, 2004 15:57
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heh, even f you did find him annoying, it wouldnt matter. Hes got more history here than all but a few people. Hes like that drunk that all the kids who stop by the bar think is crazy, but the regulars know better, they've SEEN better. Heh, I could use hundreds of situations to explain it, but anybody above #20 still doesnt understand the early days. And the scary thing about it is, I knew coming into this the identity of a few of the first members.

This place hasnt changed much though, visually or otherwise. If we lose someone semi-important to the forums they get replaced, if something historic happens it gets referenced (ie Camos references to CrazyMai!) I think the only things that have changed are Camo has become more tame, and me. Plus there used to be less smilies. And there was more stuff on the sidebar, and pokemon still seemed fun.
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 19, 2004 16:54

Wow, this... has turned out to be...interesting. I must say that i thought that I was slightly getting annoying, that is why most of my questions have been sent via e-mail to Mintman. Though, I had A WHOLE LOT of questions and thats why I thought I was getting annoying. But don't get me wrong, I may not have been in the forum for too long, but I have been I around to see this site grow. Heck, I was here before GSC, if thats any consolation or constellation to you. Now, by either making myself look like an idiot, make several people feel old or young, or a combination of the three, I just want my gym to be better for the people using it. The sooner it can get better, the less hassle the user has.
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.
Ishamael

Member #142

Feb 22, 2004 20:20

You kinda misunderstood what I meant.

He's annoying, but I don't dislike him for it...usually. But he's very entertaining much of the time, as well.
Ishamael

Now working on a new Gym...hoping it'll be better than before

writer77

Member #4

Feb 23, 2004 20:40

There have actually been a lot more changes than that. A lot of people have started coming less often, and some people have even stopped coming at all. For instance, I rarely post outside the elite and main forums anymore. (Which means I'll probably never actually make it back to this thread.)

...I think I'm going to go make a post on the main forum. Yeah, that sounds like something I wouldn't normally do but that I will do because...*trails off because can't think of good ending*
Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Camo

Member #5

Feb 25, 2004 4:48
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmmmm..... I should return to my more mature abusive ways maybe?

I kinda dont feel right beeing unbanneded for so long, I must stop being lazy and go out with a bang (for a while of course!) again soon.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Feb 25, 2004 12:23
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 17, 2004 19:08, MintMan said:

And I did respond to your e-mails; I have a little "A" (which for some reason is my webmail's symbol for response) next to your messages.

I'm guessing it's for "answered", what ever it is, that's weird.

And I'm going to be working on my website to place a gym on VERY soon, trying to impress one of my professors...

I'm screwed.

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Feb 25, 2004 12:25]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 5:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022