Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 21:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Name Rater

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
zeldaking

Member #152

Jan 13, 2004 10:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is there going to be a name rater(or something similar) in the R. E. League? I could use one.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 13, 2004 18:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Plans for a Name Rater-like option will be available during the fourth year brew-haha in about one month; however, it will be a gym feature unique to only those that choose to purchase it.

And most likely, it will cost you money to rename your Pokemon instead of being free, thus allowing gym leaders to make a profit off of it.
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 14, 2004 9:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yay, a money-raising option that people will have a use for. Now I don't have to keep losing to my battles to raise money (Just Kidding . That's cheating right)? I suppose I could use an event, but I'm having trouble coming up with a good one. Eventually I want to give my RBY gym a carnival so you can pay me money to play little pokemon related carnival games, but I need to learn how to make the games first.
  On that note, MM do you think it could be possible to create prizes- special items or even pokemon (shinies or with special attacks like the 12 days of Christmas pokes) that gyms could purchase and then award to people for completing difficult puzzles? Just a thought.
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 14, 2004 12:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jan 14, 2004 9:13, Battalon127 said:

Now I don't have to keep losing to my battles to raise money (Just Kidding . That's cheating right)?

Cheating and, if I recall, safe-guarded against. I don't think a gym leader, in anyway possible, can put money from their personal wallet into their Gym Funds. At least, that's how I remember it. I also remember being told it by a pink elephant named Stanley who gave me magical banana-beans. Dems some whack stuff!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

MintMan

Member #1

Jan 14, 2004 18:52

Correct; even puchasing items from your own shop does not give you any money. It lets you get items instead of muckin' around for them, but at no benefit to your funds.

Since that Christmas contest came around, prize Pokemon are a very real thing for gyms. Not only that, but any sort of special Pokemon is now. Through this one system of X-Pokes as they were for some reason named, you can customize, give out, or use in trainer battles.
  Problem is that is a fairly rough design protocol right now, and heavily unmonitored; why, you could give out Mewtwos as it currently stands! I shall not suffer this, so shall have to put in blocks against certain out-puttings.

Events are also supposed to be able to give away things like items. These items come at the expense of the gym leader, of course, but gaming corners with events that cost money and events that give away prizes could be quite profitable for the gym.
  I also need to make daily flags so berry trees can become a possibility; it sucks having them in the shop, largely because they are ugly wastes of space.
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 15, 2004 13:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sounds great, but how do you put these things in your gym? Is there something you have to do with events or is this only for higher level gyms? I don't like asking questions like this but I didn't see anything in the faq (I don't think it's been updated for a while since it doesn't even mention Gym Events).
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 15, 2004 20:18

Well, that is largely because none of the aforementioned things have been added.

They are going to be added. When they are, you will find them either on your Gym Info page in your PokeBox, or under the Purchase Gym Extras and then subsequently on your Gym Info page.

All these features are now capable of being added, but not necessarily so yet. Since the twenty-third is only a li'l bit away (which marks the beginning of the anniversary), and also since I do not have a scanner, REL updates are guaranteed.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jan 21, 2004 16:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The quickest way to make money? Have someone rich buy about a thousand pokeballs from your shop. Like I did for Nuo_Trainer. Half of the reason I did so is that he can't say that he can't afford the flags and whatever he needs to finish his gym that costs stuff... all that's left is to bug him to work on it! Note: His AIM name is NnT042, help bug him to work on it.
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 21, 2004 21:45

Sounds good...
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 21:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022