Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 11:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: New pokemon game?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
dracon

Member #143

Nov 17, 2003 14:34
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey are you going to make the ruby/saphire pokemon game on here?
Hydras and kingdras rock!! OH and quagsire and crobat
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 17, 2003 16:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Huh, the eighty other posts about this have been pushed off the first page of this board. That is a real surprise.

I really need to add this thing to the FAQ. I mean, it is asked frequently enough. I typically use those for game related questions, but..... c'mon!

No, there are no plans. R/S is far too dissimilar from the rest of the games to easily blend with the original RE League code. Quite frankly, there are several aspects not yet even attuned to GSC.

I shall thank you for something, Drac. You actually refered to the new game, not the new Pokemon. So many idiots out there think that the only thing needed to update is to add new Pokemon. The more intelligent ones realize there are also some new attacks in there as well. There is so much more, especially when speaking of RuSa. Traits and personalities really messed things up from an REL point of view.
Hated

Member #132

Nov 17, 2003 17:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I heard there was a Pokemon 'Green' that is only found in Japan is that true?

As for Rupy/Sappire... It whould be nice...but I belive MM is to busy to do that... DON'T YOU PEOPLE EVER STOP HOUNDING POOR MM ><

...I know I don't...
•Chaos•
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 17, 2003 19:15
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I think there is a Pokemon Green in Japan only, just like there is a Pokemon Blue that isn't in Japan. Why make Pokemon games that way is another question...

Guess everybody bugs MM because everybody wants something more out of RE; some people want Ruby/Sapphire, some people want more tournaments, some people want more END, etc. But I guess that's pretty obvious already.
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 17, 2003 21:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, no, it is not the business. It is the fact that it is quite literally impossible to add RuSa.

See, RBY and GSC were similar enough to run off of nearly the same Perl files. They link to different JavaScript files and that is pretty much it. All of the data is kept relatively the same. I had to add Happiness and Held Items to the data for GSC, but that is the widest sweeping change there is.

RuSa involves thousands of levels of complexity that would require permeation into the Perl files themselves, not just simple JavaScript changes. That is a huge effort, putting an increased load on the already bursting Perl files.

And there was a Blue in Japan. Red and Green were the original games that Nintendo ushered out into the public haphazardly before they went bankrupt. These games singlehandedly saved them. They then remade the games with better graphics and other fixes into the Blue version, which is the equivilent to what we have over here as both Blue and Red.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 18, 2003 10:51

On Nov 17, 2003 19:15, draggy1234 said:

Why make Pokemon games that way is another question...

That question can be answered in a famous verse:

"Money, money, money, money, mo-ooneeey!"
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 11:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022