Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 23:59 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: Gyms

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
dragonmonk

Member #129

Nov 15, 2003 19:44
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

O.k. first off, you need music that matches the site! second how do you make a gym? third how come I battled a level 15 charizard in a gym?
hail the enlightend dragon battler,
  Dragonmonk
Wolf_Lunin

Member #145

Nov 15, 2003 20:02
Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Music is used to set a mood, so how could you use it to match the site . Also, read the faqs for the answer to your first question (what they're there for.) And the gym pokemon are preset, but their levels are adjusted. Unlike wild and trainer battles, the pokemon aren't taken to there lower evolutions though.
VinnyD

Member #9

Nov 16, 2003 21:40
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, a newer person who 1)knows what hes talking about 2) Doesn't ask meaningless questions or post for the hell of it and 3)talks down to newbies! Unlike most of these people who are showing up now i welcome you
Teamsters, so lazy and surly..
  Homer

Check it, and give me tips too cause i suck
  http://angelfire.com/gundam/vinnyd/index.html
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 17, 2003 24:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You think that is something? You should see Wolf's gym. I mean, gym events were used -- something most veterans even neglect -- without ever even e-mailing me on what their point was supposed to be! Wolf just used it right off the bat and rather well at that. I am rightfully scared....

And Monk, 1) The music matches this site quite well. I mean, anything that falls into nerd listening would, right? 2) Get a gym by *shock* e-mailing me for one after defeating the Maelstrom Gym as clearly outlined in the FAQ, and 3) In the GB games, you always find monsters of evolutions that escape level restrictions, so if you go to a really low-level gym, expect to see some low level Pokemon forced down so.
  I had one of two choices -- make the gym Pokemon's levels decrease or make them revert to fit the stage they should be at that level. Problem then arises with attack learnability. What sense does it make to change a Gyarados to a Magikarp for a gym if that 'Karp is going to be Hydropumping?
Wolf_Lunin

Member #145

Nov 18, 2003 23:06
Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yay, I scare people ^^ Well, I'm glad you like it, sadly it's still deeply underconstruction. Have to put in that whole story like plot to annoy people that dislike reading, ya know? PS. Is the battle music (that should play in most battles) annoying anyone with slow computers?

[Editted by Wolf_Lunin on Nov 18, 2003 23:10]
Cheetarius

Member #10

Nov 23, 2003 15:08
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lol, methinks Kero's poking fun at my untouched Gym...Blah, I'll get around to working on it sometime last year, Kero, don't you worry.
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 30, 2003 22:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

yeah, that's what I said last summer....darg
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Dec 1, 2003 11:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, Mints, he has half a minor point with the whole music thing. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to say which MIDI will play for a battle in your gym, out of the site's collection of course. The music matches the web page, but, it is always annoying to fight a gym when the FF theme is playing. O' course, ya can always change it, but the whole mood for the match feels ruined.
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 1, 2003 12:47

Oh, that. Well, currently, gym battles do not even have RE music playing during them. They used to, but not anymore.

I do want to bring that back, tho', and custom gym themes have always been something I have had on the books.
  That would require me to work on the R.E. League; something that seems to crop up only around anniversaries now
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 1, 2003 13:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Would it be possible to set up the ability for a gym leader to link battles to a sound file from anywhere on the web? So that battles from a certain gym could have theme-specific music set by the leader?
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 1, 2003 20:39

Of course! I would just give a basic option of choosing from my library for those unfortunates that have file blocking on their servers.... lousy servers.

Custom gym messages were always a pretty hot-topic. Since all of these things are cosmetic, I never got felt a sudden urge to add them. I probably would for a fast update when I can remember to add 'em.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 23:59 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022