Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 6:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: R.E. League :: A problem with a gym

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Spidermew

Member #89

Jun 29, 2003 1:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok last time i was online (lol like last week or so cuz ive been workin so much) i was on a badge hunting bergade, and i was going to a bunch of gyms one though was weird.. i think it was the myst gym (the link on the gym page takes you to his/her art site and theres a little link on the main page to the gym on the persons old server) anyhoo when i got to that persons city they had built an html walk though thingy so i figure the gym is in the same spot, i was half right... and i got to the gym place and it turned out to be a fake gym leader and then that person told me to go find the elder, the elder told me to eather talk to the gym leaders best friend or go to the (insert name i forgot here) forest and when i went to the friends house, they told me to go away and when i went to the forest it handent been set up yet... so... i cant fight that gym leader for the badge cuz i went after that to every single page allowed in the walk though... and i was mad.. but i couldnt get on untill now to say something cuz i havnt had the time.. so whats up with that people?
SpiderMew, The Super Hero PoKeMon

boyachi

Member #92

Jun 29, 2003 18:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

you need to change your thinking strategy. I know what gym it is and I did fight the real gym leader. I can't say where it is, but think of what other people did to hide stuff. Yea, that's way to vague, I understand it, but its in my head so, oh well.
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
Hyami_Kajima

Member #67

Aug 7, 2003 15:19
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok...I know an answer has been given for this problem: that we have to figure it out on our own. But, changing your strategy? What does that mean? I'm having the same problem Spidermew had. What strategy is there to change, the gym itself is telling you what to do, and it is doing something different when you do what it tells you. If there is some easily hidden hint within the walkthrough, then boy am I missing it. I know that a full answer cannot be given, because yes, we do have to figure it out on our own, and I probably don't have much right saying anything considering I still need to actually add any sort of walkthrough to my gym. As many times as I have done what is said, nothing happens, and I probably need more patience, but unfortunately I don't have it. Not asking to spell the answer out, that would be wrong, but, if you're gonna go and try to give hints, then atleast something better than: Rethink your strategy. Because I am certain that there are other people out there like me, who just don't get what the gym owner is trying to do, and if everyone is supposed to be able to beat the gym...then, I dunno...does something need done or what? (yeah yeah, no room to talk have I, I mean, I haven't even updated my site in awhile, but, eh, figured I'd ask anyway)
It was the worst of times, it was the be- eh, who am I kiddin? It was a Monday...
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 7, 2003 20:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Don't look as it as a gym. Don't look at it as a game. Look at it as a website. You can figure out so many gyms this way it's so much easier. use your mouse or better yet the tab button and shift+tab to go backwards. Most anything on websites that you can interact with work like a spreedsheet, you can cycle through these special features using tab to go foward/down and shift+tab to go back/up. This is a huge duh and should probably be taken off, since I feel It gives away too much. I will when I get back home.Or if I hear otherwise from Kero before friday morning. I'll be back tuesday, so reap this while you can.
Hyami_Kajima

Member #67

Aug 7, 2003 21:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, first, thanks for trying to give me a hint, even if its purely a duh one, but, heh, doesn't apply to me, because quite frankly, my computer skills in how to use any of that stuff, or HTML for that matter, is terrible, so might as well take it down now.
It was the worst of times, it was the be- eh, who am I kiddin? It was a Monday...
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 12, 2003 23:30

ok... just to be curious... did that one huge thing help one bit?...
Hyami_Kajima

Member #67

Aug 16, 2003 18:18

nope, not at all
Ishamael

Member #142

Nov 16, 2003 19:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The Myst Gym is well hidden, but can still be found. Look in a place that has the following things:
  1: is not a place you can buy stuff
  2: Has no battles on it
  3: doesn't end with "_act.html" in the URL

Ishamael

Bearer of the Kildurin sword, and master of the Kildurin gym.

[Editted by Ishamael on Nov 18, 2003 22:59]
Hyami_Kajima

Member #67

Dec 13, 2003 23:39

Wish I could say that that helped me, but it didn't. Must be me then, I tried following your hint, probably even found the place that gets you to the gym, but I just can't see it anywhere no matter how many times I folow the battling order and no matter how many times I go through the walkthrough. I know you're next response to what I'm about to say is probably: tough luck, deal with it, but I may as well say this anyway. Yeah, sure its supposed to be a challenging walkthrough, but dangit, its rediculous to say its a fair one when you do everything it says, about going to the gym, then seeing the elder, then going to Alycia's house or to the forest only to be denied over and over again and only suddenly discover theres something else required that they never tell you about. So if I am mistaken on this, then sorry that I'm bashing on the fairness of the walkthrough, but if it is a fair one, then please explain to me how it is, cuz I am not seeing the fairness.
Ishamael

Member #142

Jan 29, 2004 17:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Don't look at myst gym as a story where you do exactly as you are told, but just look around. The place you are looking for fits the criteria I gave you eariler. Note of interest: I didn't understand how the instructions fit at all with what you really had to do, so i just meandered around aimlessly checking for hidden links, and eventually found it. For me, it took the determination that is almost a fault in me, and the knowlege of what the mouse looks like if its over a link. If its the same on a link as off...good luck clicking randomly on every page for a while.

Ishamael

Bearer of the Kildurin sword, and master of the Kildurin gym.

[Editted by Ishamael on Feb 19, 2004 24:14]
Akira

Member #24

Jun 23, 2004 23:54
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry sorry! There are some weird things going on with my LATS gym. I swear the flags were there before. Somehow they've disappeared.

I'm very sorry. I'll re-add the flags. If you follow Elder's instructions to the girl's house, she should let you in now(hopefully). ^^;

Leader of the Myst Gym
Visit Seraphim Garden today!

MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 24, 2004 9:48

Man, Akira, you know what happened to me at your gym? It's not your fault, just so you know, but the computer I was using had Javascript Alerts disabled, so anything said when a fight ended was not getting thru to me. I was only able to find it because of Ems' help. Lousy Windows XP...

I told MM that he should have the "win battle" message appear on the same screen with the expeience and what not and just have "You Win" in the alert (since that's all most people put anyways), but he was all assy about it for some reason. Yeah, doin' stuff that makes sense. That's never a good thing to do Sweat Drop

PS: Your gym = coolage.

Why be sane?
Akira

Member #24

Jun 24, 2004 19:57
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Maybe because changing the end battle message would be a chore? Maybe..

I think my LATS gym is quite lame, now that I look back on it. -__- Hopefully, my LotGJ gym will be much better. After that I might rewrite my LATS gym. Though, I really wonder if people play in LATS anymore.

Leader of the Myst Gym
Visit Seraphim Garden today!

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 25, 2004 3:42

A non-Rising gym with a developed map... yeah, people play it. Moreover, it is LATS, which is the more played version. You just have to look out for your LotGJ gym; that one might be the problem. Nobody plays that edition. I mean, it has about half the gyms listed, and only about half of those are probably still active.

Also, it is not my fault that a computer disabled JavaScript alerts; I have never even heard about those even being to be disabled. I mean, you cannot disable the Windows messaging system, but you can disable harmless alerts? Make sense that.
Hyami_Kajima

Member #67

Jul 9, 2004 1:03

And now, the Thank-You's and Apologies. Thank you to everyone who tried to give me the amount of hints that could be given (unfortunately it was a waste of your time seeing as how I tend to get angry easily anymore (hate that...need to get my patience back) and I can't figure things out when I'm angry) And then I'm gonna apologize for spouting the earlier crap when I shoulda just said something calmly, isn't anger fun?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 6:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022