Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 17:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Most hours....

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Ash10

Member #3

Jul 28, 2002 11:13
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I like mario 64... my problem is the only nintendo consoles(sp?) I own are Gameboys.....
Experience the Game XP The Game
Forum Moderator at CnC Detonation
News Updater at CnC NZ.com, CnC Zone, Renegade Legion, Strategy X
writer77

Member #4

Jul 28, 2002 16:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, Mintman, that is so true. That stupid Rainbow Cruise level took me awhile to beat. But, somehow, it was worth it. That stupid "House in the Sky" thing was verrry annoying. And catching that gosh darn rabbit....
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
Camo

Member #5

Jul 29, 2002 5:32
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lol, I remember first playing it, took me like a moth to get every star, then one day this bitch erased my file cause she was pissed off at me... Took me a whole weekend to get all 120 stars again!
  As for those gamegenie things it sounds cool, but I dunno how you could do such a thing, I mean, if you could tell me how to do it, it would be cool, as my grandma still gots my SNES, and that super mario collection thingy is sittin there in the dust with it!

msanis

Member #7

Jul 29, 2002 9:17
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*looks at the sudden burst of posts* wow...

I can't believe you guys didn't hear of Super Mario Sunshine. It's coming out on Gamecube in just a month. i saw some pics of it and it makes the n64's graphics look like nothing...well to me anyway.

and yes super Mario world was the best. it was my second video game (after pong). after playin it after about 3 years i found ho w to easily get to the "special" area. but i bet you all know that anyway.
i bet this post was a stupid one....well maybe...
Ash10

Member #3

Jul 29, 2002 13:17
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OMG, this topic is now 204 posts!!!!! That is the largest topic in RE history...
News Updater at CnC NZ.com, CnC Zone, Renegade Legion, Strategy X, CnC Underground, RA2 Explosion
writer77

Member #4

Jul 29, 2002 13:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just so you know, I've know about Mario Sunshine for awhile now. It's being shipped to America on August 26, so it should be in stores by August 27.

I wonder if everyone's going to go back to get 120 stars in Mario 64 now.
Camo

Member #5

Jul 30, 2002 5:36
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

lol, Well I would hope that the new GC version of mario is better graphics then the 64 version. I remember when I first got the dreamcast, then a cool 64 game called Perfect Dark came out for 64, and like, my mates where goin wild about it... Then I tried playin it, and it was so f***ing blurry I loughed a gooden, then people were like 'its the best graphical game ever' that just shows how many people knew of the Dreamcast and its pant wetting graphics (at the time) Even when the PS2 came out, I was astonished at how its no better (if not worse) then the Dreamcast, one thing that really put me down, was the fact it couldn't do 50hz refresh rate, after playin 60 hz refresh rate on DC when you go to any other console, you can literelly see lines shaking!!!! I dunno about the Cube, but the Xbox doesn't seem to full on BLOW the dreamcast away, in fact, Shenmue is still the best looking game I have ever seen on a console, and what I have seen of Shenmue 2 is actually worse then the Dreamcast version (though Shenmue 2 for DC also looked worse then 1) So who knows, is the Cube the most graphical console? Or the Dreamcast? Or are PS2 and Xbox gonna say there are no games which show the full potential of the machine? WHO KNOWS!!!!!

Thats the most I have raved on in a single post for a while, so I'll let you get over it and write your own s***.

Ash10

Member #3

Jul 30, 2002 9:03

I think Perfect Dark was liked cause of the game it was, and that you could play 2 people in the main game.(Which I always want, but rarely happens) Perfect dark was really cool game though, I never did play on Dreamcast... So I don't know if what Camo is ranting about is true...
News Updater at CnC NZ.com, CnC Zone, Renegade Legion, Strategy X, CnC Underground, RA2 Explosion
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 31, 2002 24:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here's the thing:

Hardware can improve easy; people don't. Just look at the earliest games of a system to the latest and how drastically the graphics improve. When people are unused to a new technology, they will utilize less of its full potential. Hence, PS2 and X-Box can seem all good when we don't have a blutty chance of being able to use its, what, 128 bit graphics? I mean, they were able to make Ball Blazer on the freakin' Atari, and that game had as good of graphics as the original Star Fox.

Bits are another misleading thing. If you look at an X-Box game, a PS2 game, and a Game Cube game, the latter two usually end up looking about the same and the X-Box game, despite idiot belief, looks worse. How could that be when it has the most power, you might ask. Because it's power is spread out through all of its capable functions. The Game Cube has one function: GAMES. It doesn't waste any processing power or even connectiveness to other devices; everything is graphics so it can make its graphics look smooth. X-Box, on the other hand, is so huge and diversified that it's shootin' sparks all across that house-sized system which, although it seems like a short time to us to for a computer message to travel, begins to amount up when you are reaching four-digit polygon count on a screen.

So the moral of the story: Game Cube >= PS2 > A pile of donkey doo > X-Box

Burn, X-Box, burn.
"I shall atone for that with an arm ring
  "Let the arbiters figure what is fair!" - Thabard to Thor
Camo

Member #5

Jul 31, 2002 4:08

lol, well, what I have seen on the GC (only screen shots) don't look much better then the PS2...

Ash10

Member #3

Jul 31, 2002 8:00

I love GC.... I have alwaysed hated the X-Box, even before Kero's article on it. X-Box is huge, it's controlers are huge, and it makes a good doorstop. Kero, you should use X-Box's as doorstops, not burning them. Burning them is a waste of wood and matches.
News Updater at CnC NZ.com, CnC Zone, Renegade Legion, Strategy X, CnC Underground, RA2 Explosion, CnC Fusion
msanis

Member #7

Jul 31, 2002 11:11
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

more like a waste of plastic and cheaply made chips...

anyway, from what i've seen ps2 and gamecube are relatively the same....there are only a few very small things which make them different (graphic wise) ps2 has about the same graphics but on specific areas it lacks detail. like in ermm....i fogot the name if that hockey game (didn't play it saw review on both systems) on GC you can see the hockyplayers more clearly and where they skated you can see pieces of ice flying. On ps2 you cannot see the faces quite as clearly and the flying ice is nowhere to be found.

basically the only difference is a few pieces of ice....
writer77

Member #4

Jul 31, 2002 16:17

Well, from what I've seen, Mario Sunshine looks like it has decently improved graphics, but what most people notice are the new water effects, and from what I've seen, they are cool.
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 1, 2002 24:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

There is a difference between Game Cube's and Play Station II's graphics, tho':
  One came to you at a Hel of a lot less moo-lah.

They really do look the same; I was just going by the fluidity and the speed. Also, Nintendo has got a real knack for making that shiny metal effect (I can't remember what kind of reflecting that's called, and I don't have my book around to look its up).

Also, you can carry a GC around with you. And it's gettin' some pympin' games for it like every Resident Evil from this point on, the new Godzilla game, and Beach Spikers. Eat that, DOA: Extreme Volleyball! One of their not-real hot chicks is a model over in Japan! You can't bounce your way into that! Hrhr X-Box rots!
  </idiocy>
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 1, 2002 9:04

In that last post I got confused in the third paragraph.... When did bouncing balls come into this topic???? Am I a little behind???
News Updater at CnC NZ.com, CnC Zone, Renegade Legion, Strategy X, CnC Underground, RA2 Explosion, CnC Fusion
msanis

Member #7

Aug 1, 2002 22:17

God i love my gc, but it's going to be hard getting all these cool games for it...im only 14 1/2 lol. well After i get mario sunshine im planning on getting metroid prime, i heard it was really good.

For some reason a metroid reminds me a little bit of Nidhogg...................it just must be because it looks like a dragon i guess.
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 2, 2002 2:36

Um, well, the "Hrhr" is just a thing idiots do in chat rooms nowadays like "r0xx0rz" and "w00t."

As for Beach Spikers, it is a real game over in Japan. It was made for the arcades and is soon to be coming out for the Game Cube. Dead Or Alive: Extreme Volleyball is a knock-off of Beach Spikers, although it has a very good possibility of being better than it based simply on the fact of the character, um, design.

As for the bouncing balls... um, well I take it you have never played any of the DOA games, have ya?

*KK runs like wind*
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 2, 2002 10:04

Nope, I guess I haven't....
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Aug 4, 2002 24:15
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

hmmm, the most I've spent on any game is probably 1000 or so hours on Pokemon Blue, but most of that time the game wasn't counting anymore, so I don't know for sure.
  The most I know for sure is 800+ hours on Pokemon gold
msanis

Member #7

Aug 4, 2002 11:43

wow...what a late responce to the question this post was asking...

erm...the most i played pokemon was like 256 hours. i alway thought that was alot but wel that has to be the most hours spent on pokemon ever...

anyway on to the subject we are curently talking about...
  Xbox sux. Ps2 has a very close draw with GC...and Mario sunshine is going to rule. yea...i think i got everything. only thing is i doubt it wil be caled mario sunshine in the U.S. probably something like Sunshine Island or something

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Apr 23, 2024 17:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022