Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 17:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Check in

-   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5 
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 21, 2017 19:15
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Something I think is neat about this site is that due to the small community its kind of an archive for us. A lot easier to look here and see how I talked online 10 years ago (or whatever) than even facebook or some other garbage like that.

So where are you all at now? I'm in NYC, working at a boring job for now, hopefully not too long. Bodybuilding at a lot more serious intensity than I was a few years ago, getting into some political stuff, and trying to get back into music whether its solo or with my old band.
BlackChaosMew

Member #269

Sep 21, 2017 22:51
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I haven't been on this website regularly since I was an annoying little snot in middle school. I was reminded of it today and find a post from this very day on it, isn't that crazy?

I used to come here all the time and bug people about getting the legendary birds in RE League. This was a ton of fun, I hope it all stays online for as long as possible, it's a piece of the not-so-old but not-so-new-either web that I have a lot of fond memories of. I just got out of college and I'm a software engineer now, and I'm trying to use my newfound free time to get back to enjoying all the little things I used to in middle and high school, because that nerdy little kid part of me hasn't changed.

Jack and Jill went up the Hill to smoke some Marjuana. Jack got drunk, unzipped his fly and said do ya wanna? Jill said yes and for a while they had some fun. But Silly Jill forgot her pill and soon they had a son.

[Edited by BlackChaosMew on Sep 21, 2017 22:53]
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Sep 22, 2017 11:05
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I feel like the universe could do without an archive of my 15-year-old sentiments.

Also I totally just thought about it today as well. Did something happen in the news? I was just wondering about the slow trickle of tournament points in BD refilling, and...

* uses Feebler on VinnyD because he still hasn't figured out FtRPG to this day despite trying in literally every post *

COOKIE!

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 23, 2017 13:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

FtRPG: 99% of the purpose of Reality's End these days. * sets a secret Pomegrenade because why not? *

Funnily enough, nowadays, I'm all about getting the Legendaries in Go, which isn't so much a matter of effort but how many mostly jobless weirdos I can pool together at the same time.

This site isn't going anywhere, ever, so long as the internet stays open and free. It would be nice to get back into fun non-Linux development at some point in the near future, but I'm guessing that won't really happen until I go the independent contractor route for the sole purpose of making a work/life balance that actually fits that description.

Considering now nothing this site has been in the last few years, I'm surprised people do keep coming back. You certainly earned yourself some icecream, mates.

"Isn't that cute? It's nice to think that even if you're made of fire and covered in venom-filled syringes, you can still make some friends." ~ Real Monstrosities
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 26, 2017 20:43
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't come in daily, but I do stop by this site every now and then to see if new posts like this one pop up. Always fun to see how things are going.

I actually did try to find some "funny" topics and posts from years back but had trouble finding some specific ones, even with Google search. Ah well, I suppose the memories are good enough.

There's also an Invisionfree forum that I reminisce on as well, but for that one I have to actually make a point to post every now and then, because if I recall correctly those forums get automatically deleted after a period of inactivity, and I don't want those memories to be lost forever either.

And yes, I do enjoy the opportunity to use regular HTML tags in my posts again.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 7, 2017 17:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Tsk. My computer breaks pretty much the day that fun chatter goes on at the land of Ref, and I only hear about it now? For shame! Dunno who is being shamed, but for shame!

I'm still up in Michigan, working a job that started off not-boring but -- for the past few years -- has been really boring (there's no escape from it, Vinno~!).

Funny that folks fret about the dumb teen-stuff they did. I luckily semi-dodged that bullet as the internet didn't really take off until I was well into those formative years, so it's only dumb stuff that I said in college that can haunt me.

I still try to keep the spirit of R.E. alive. I look to be the next one to serve as GM in my gaming group, and it was requested that it be "lighter" and "more fun". So... I'm gonna try to do Rumbl-o-Rama.

"Trapped like a cabbage in a cabbage trap!"
  - Geeker, Project G.K.R.
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Nov 2, 2017 17:45
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* eats the Apathy "Mmmmm, memories... drool *

Occasionally poke around back here, it's fun to get a snapshot of the me of 5 - ... 14 years ago?!!!

Crying

Mostly keeping myself afloat, full time as a cashier, health benefits, yadda yadda. All about the business of life, such as being an uncle, a thing that was not a thing the last time I posted. Big Smile

Poking around in unity, learning how to make curry... Lots of little things, but they do add up to keep ya going. Glad to see that this place will be here to keep the light burning.

"You got Marin! Is this your big chance?" ~ from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 2, 2017 19:05

I hear most people use Unity to make games, not curry.

"Real-life role playing is hard." ~ Charlie, Supernatural
Camo

Member #5

Nov 18, 2017 21:47
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh wow, activity on RE!

"You cannot plant in a topic with less than ten replies."

Apparently not enough.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 23, 2017 10:55

Well let's hurry it up then.

*:plant Camo*

You cannot plant in a topic with less than ten replies.

Bugger!

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 7, 2017 19:24

There was a two-week gap between the last post and this one, so I guess I'll go ahead and do it.

* plants a virtual 04728465967620773554 tree and in doing so realizes that the maximum length allowed for a tree name is 20 characters *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 8, 2017 5:30

Worst. Tree. Ever.

*:pick*

The tree is currently empty; it bears one piece of fruit for every two posts made after being planted.

Bah!

"I know that will be obvious to some people but sadly stupid people have internet too." ~ Maffew of Botchamania
wes2new

Member #66

Jan 31, 2018 2:22

I still poke around every so often too, this place is one of the last strongholds of a time the internet was free and not so corporate.

Whereabouts in MI are you Goblin? My lovely wife, our kiddo, and I are living in Detroit these days.

I'm still in school for computer engineering, but I'm going to take some time off to cash in on my IT experience, I've been managing all of the IT crap for this company for 3 years and they haven't given me a raise since I took the position. Flat Mouth

Life's good.

I think I'll go walk around Maelstrom City for a bit now...

DarkEyes Gym Leader
  www.justin-newman.com/gym

Owner/Lead Tech
  Just-In-Time Technology Services
  www.justintime.tech
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 31, 2018 17:29

Our IT guy just quit for being underpaid.

He's in Mexico right now. Not sure how he managed that. Pretty sure it is temporary and he wasn't abducted.

Or is running anything Shifty Eyes

Speaking of non-corporate interwebs, W3C finally approved ActivityPub (or at least has started to recommend it). This is something I've been complaining for for a long time, since it just makes sense -- a decentralized social network.

I don't even use social networks, but I almost want to code something to use ActivityPub just to use it.

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Feb 15, 2018 24:37
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, that brings the total of Michiganders up to three! Live north of Grand Rapids a fair bit. How are there so many of us here and why are we all taking over? Lick

"You got Marin! Is this your big chance?" ~ from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 18, 2018 17:34

There -- oddly -- has been a history Mid-western presence on this site. Must be something that appeals to that type of person. Or, something in that Great Lakes water. I'll go with the latter, 'cuz of the chemicals an' all.

I'd (actually) guess that the coasters are too "cool" for this type of thing while the farm-landers are too oblivious. Yep, we're in that sweet spot.

"Got any ideas?"
  "Hmm... animal socks!"
  - Noah and Geeker, Project G.K.R.
Camo

Member #5

Feb 28, 2018 4:54
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

We're a little overdue for another REcon!

There is the possibility of displaying different signatures!
draggy1234

Member #97

Mar 2, 2018 19:04

On Feb 15, 2018 24:37, Lunar_Mage said:

Wow, that brings the total of Michiganders up to three!

I counted five. Or are we only tallying up people in this particular topic?
Julune

Member #486

Jun 4, 2018 1:04
Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I haven’t been around here nearly as long as most of you guys, but honestly I like sites like this more than most places on the internet- those social media sites are so vast I don’t even know where to start in terms of making friends and such.

Incidentally, I also live near the Great Lakes, except in Chicago area rather than Michigan.
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 5, 2018 8:07

New social media sites don't have the same aspects old forums had. You either have to come with your friends in tow, or there is no sense of community at all in the case of something like Reddit, which it is just dopamine-oriented engineering.

Plus, you can't do this. * picks a virtual 04728465967620773554 *

"I know that will be obvious to some people but sadly stupid people have internet too." ~ Maffew of Botchamania
Sword
-   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5 
Apr 18, 2024 17:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022