Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 11:37 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Wow. Web 1.0. I can't believe it...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
BobRoberts

Member #497

Feb 15, 2015 20:21
Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I found this site back in 2002 on "Neopets" back when that was still a thing. Absolutely nothing about the layout has changed. This whole thing reminds me of the
  days of the dreaded "guestbook" everyone had on their websites. I believe there was an applet here that allowed me to use IRC and a list of rooms to go with it.
  This site's been in the back of my mind for about 13 years. I have absolutely no idea who any of you are and I haven't posted once. Not sure if anyone's even here but hi.

Forever under construction.
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 15, 2015 23:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, well, that is simply a lie. Unfortunately, the internet has a better memory than you.

I guess what you meant to say is the color hasn't changed... much. But I guess that's about the same thing.
  How dare I not Ajax the crap outta this mug for no reason other than to jump on whatever bandwagon the web wanna-be-dev-o-sphere is drivin'.

If you want that continuous scroll CSS3 garbage, kindly look elsewhere. I have always been a believer in hittin' a nail with a hammer and not unnecessarily dropping support from the sucktastically old browsers people may be using. Or annoyingly nested pop-up menus when a simple list works just fine. OooOooo, watch out for following W3 recommendations!

Don't worry, dude threw his grenade and ran. Every-every else join the par-tay! * creates a BigStick using his guestbook functionality *

"Ugh, no wonder no one likes women." ~ Louise, Bob's Burgers
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Feb 25, 2015 14:50
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, it's been a while since I saw that layout.

But surely everyone loves unnecessary ajax! Web X.Y FTW!

* fabricates a GoldenHammer to join the par-tay *

Sure, but... Why alpaca cheese?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 25, 2015 22:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've lost count. Has Web 4.0 become a thing yet? I know Web 3.0 was a thing, but no one actually called that thing the thing it was supposed to be and instead it just became "Um, arbitrarily newer! And rounded corners!"

Freakin' rounded corners.... * brings forth a RoundedCornerer on BobRoberts with a BigStick *

"'Nember back when you kept a graffiti book? And the only way for stranger to see who your friends were was to look at who had drawn in your book? Thank god for facebook. Now nobody has to be good at anything and everyone can know it." ~ MRTIM
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 26, 2015 19:55

The thing that gets me: he asked if anyone was around. The last active post in the board was made the 13th, two days prior to his posting. Apparently, if a site is inactive for two moons, it is considered abandoned? I don't get that at all! It makes me angry. So angry, I could just... I could... I think I'm gonna ... * class changes to Herbalist ? *

Ah, yes. Surely now I'll be able to brew some tea to calm my raging spirit.

"Like I always say, an enemy is just a friend who is trying to kill you."
  "... I have no idea what that means."
  - Geeker and Larry, Project G.K.R.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 11:37 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022