Hey so lighting struck and against all odds I was going to post a new story for some fun interaction stuff (for I guess one or two people to look at considering actual forum traffic), but using chrome, I'm unable to get the actual interface for board writing to load up. I'd try on another browser, but I'm on a chromebook, so that's kind of not an option. After a little bit of checking, adding on to stories doesn't work either. The only other issue I discovered is that updates on the sidebar doesn't bring anything up.
By the way the story was going off of a riff I used on a friend in a parody of hp lovecraft in a retail store (nothing can be understood, fundamental ideas don't work right, geometry is weird, everything is the void!)
Jul 26, 2014 19:26
REWS for posting purposes hasn't worked for, like, more than a year. I wanted to roll out some REWS changes, but the new writer was slightly lagging. Then, I somehow lost all of the local changes I was making after months of work and never got around to re-making it all.
The sidebar updates is a new one to me. I wonder if that is something I had fixed before everything very much toileted?
All of the REWS stuff is technically there; I was just stripping out a lot of the functionality from the writer that kind of became pointless once splintering was introduced. Rather than try to enforce policing through all sorts of wacky (and potentially scary) mechanisms, just allow other users to make their votes by splintering away from garbage.
I hear that Space Trombone is the way all the cool kids are sharing music these days.
Aug 19, 2014 22:18
Minty, was this related to you losing the entire RE git tree? How is that possible anyway? I thought the whole point of a DVCS was to avoid that sort of s*** from happening. Meh, I guess Murphy's law struck again.
Aug 20, 2014 2:07
Yeah, the continuing comment/writing system overhaul was what most of the unpushed git changes were.
I still don't understand how it happened. I went to record a quote for the Valentine's list, and my tab complete wasn't working in my www directory. The entire thing was empty, including the two other sites I kept in there.
Sure, I was still able to download the contents of .com and say "Welp, new initial commit!" but all of the dev-branch stuff was completely lost, which angries up my blood, which makes me want to eat more icecream.
Fortunately, no icecream changes were lost since that stuff gets backed up in a few different directories on a few different devices rather regularly.
"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn