Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 22:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Writing a novel...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 5, 2017 17:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Can you smeeeeeeeell what the Camo is cookin'?

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
Camo

Member #5

Feb 8, 2017 23:01
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Spaghetti Bolognese this evening if anyone is interested!

Read the fantasy books of Cameron Wayne Smith!
Camo

Member #5

Feb 15, 2017 3:42
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Releasing another story through Wattpad now. Much more fast paced, short chapters, short overall story really, but bloody good stuff if I do so say myself.
  It's also a lot darker with more horror elements, not horror elementals, but pretty terrifying horrors all the same.

Oh being on Wattpad means it is free too.

www.cameronwaynesmith.com/books/the-holtur-enigma/

Check it out Big Smile

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 16, 2017 3:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Never heard of this Wattpad before.

They are trying to social networkize reading? Wha? Can't anyone do anything without everyone else knowing about it anymore?

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
Camo

Member #5

Feb 16, 2017 5:32

I'm just waiting for the Battling Dragons Social Network.

Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile UPSIDE DOWN SMILEY Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile
   Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile !FOREVER! Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile

Camo Smile
Duth

Member #419

Feb 20, 2017 12:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Calling it social networkizing reading is a weird way to put it, but that's kind of what it is. I mostly see it as just a place for people to put writing, making a centralized place where people can browse for stories to check out. (Granted you might have to comb a bit to find something good, but there are things there.) There's actually a few websites like this now.

One of the neat things I find about places people can put stories up in a serial format is it kind of hearkens back to the time of Charles Dickens and weekly periodicals. It's bringing back an old form of reading recreated for the internet. Although it might be a form of reading still existing in magazines but who reads magazines anymore? We have the internet.

---

pretend i have a signature here
Blade

Member #99

Mar 8, 2017 4:59

I will buy your books if they come with nudes Lick

Plus you're legal now - MintMan
Camo

Member #5

Apr 27, 2017 24:07

The Holtur Enigma is now up on the e-retailers. Did a LOT of polishing on this bad-boy, and the finished product has ended up really good. I'm not really one to talk negatively about my work, but this, it's bloody awesome!

Go grab it! http://www.cameronwaynesmith.com/books/the-holtur-enigma/
  Also it is free, so no excuses not to at least download it, then have the intention to read it, then maybe one day get around to it!

Also, out of curiosity, would any of you guys be up for trying Nanowrimo? I'll be giving it a crack this year, and keen to see if I can get some others into it!

MintMan

Member #1

Apr 27, 2017 8:59

I have never written a novel, and novellas have always been a more interesting length to me, so trying to get out a novel in one month has never much appealed to me.

"Paper back: coming soon!" How soon is soon?

"'Nember back when you kept a graffiti book? And the only way for stranger to see who your friends were was to look at who had drawn in your book? Thank god for facebook. Now nobody has to be good at anything and everyone can know it." ~ MRTIM
Camo

Member #5

May 4, 2017 18:53

Soon is officially in a couple of days. But here's a super secret RE pre-release link.

Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile UPSIDE DOWN SMILEY Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile

Camo Smile
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 5, 2017 19:34

I feel it needs noted that this topic is the topic of the past year. Literally, the only one. Kudos, Camo. * gives Camo a virtual monkey since it is sorta like a kudos, right? * Totally gonna peek at that sneak an' all.

Also, I needed to FtRPG some stuff up, which may or may not have influenced my decision to post. Also, alcohol. * class changes to Apothecary since that is practically like a brew guy *

"Of all the times to be swallowed by a giant, metal plant. Mondays are always like this."
  - Geeker, Project G.K.R.
Duth

Member #419

May 17, 2017 7:49

Wait, when you say you did polishing and such, is it now different than the version on Wattpad, or did you update it there, too? I ask because the free sample on B&N for the first chapter seems to be the same on Wattpad, and if I can just read the final version on there that'd work fine for me because none of the places listed on the website have a way for me to just simply download a PDF file and read it from that like Smashwords does. Still, I do plan to read it, it is even on my to-read list.

Speaking of novellas, I kind of accidentally wrote one, or at least am about to finish writing one...
Camo

Member #5

May 22, 2017 5:35

Cheers Gobbo! * eats the monkey *

I'm pretty sure I polished the Wattpad version too. The downloaded version has a bonus chapter, and preview of the sequel. If you want it in PDF version I can email that to you.

On a plus, I recently had a massive influx of downloads in the UK. Like 550 downloads in two days. Because of this, I'm magically #1 for free fantasy on the UK Amazon site. Wooo!

Congrats on the achievement Duth! Got a plan for getting it out there when it's ready?

Camo Smile
Sword
Duth

Member #419

May 29, 2017 9:56

Absolutely no plan. I don't even know when I'll get it ready, it's just a side thing I wanted to write and it got kinda long. There are other novels and short stories I have plans for release right now.

And yeah, I'll take a PDF copy if you'll send it. Email' listed on the account.
Camo

Member #5

May 30, 2017 7:28

Last chapter sent to you Smile

If I knew the ultimate perfect plan for self publishing, I would gladly share it. But right now, I'm only making about $15 a month. Necrosanguin was a bit of a flop sales wise. Some people absolutely love the story, although it's very different and hard to market.

My current plan with Holtur is: freebie(The Holtur Enigma)>>email list sign up for freebie extra(Bristrunstium Monster Records)>>book that cost a few dollars(The Holtur Curse/The Blood of Holtur)>>profit(dollarydoos)?

I'm not sure if that will work, but keen to see it through!

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
Duth

Member #419

Jun 9, 2017 11:30

Well, $15 a month is roughly... -10 times as much as I have? No, wait, that's not how that would work. I make -10 times as much? I guess?
Camo

Member #5

Jul 3, 2017 18:34

Necrosanguin episode 3: Boulderclaws is now up. It has a cool cover.

That's now it for the Necrosanguin series. Well, until Mintman helps me make a game Laughing

There is the possibility of displaying different signatures!
Duth

Member #419

Jul 6, 2017 8:16

*clanks knuckles* Okay I've read The Holtur Enigma and I've written down my thoughts as I read it so here we go have a bit of a thought dump!
  Chapter 1
  -Okay that. That last line of chapter 1. Why? No one may return from anywhere alive, especially after what we just saw in this chapter. It just feels really unnecessary. It also kind of pulls the narration out of the story. Authorial intrusion, as they say. (Which is actually something I use but this isn't about me.) I half expect that last line to be followed up with a cheesy "dun-dun-dun!"
  Chapter 2
  -Dang I really like the way they basically used this dude as unwitting bait.
  Chapter 3
  -pfft found a typo in the very first sentence.
  -What definition for "rhetorically" are you going for after "And the Grabion?"
  Chapter 4
  -Probably no need to mention that Vivian screamed in a "somewhat feminine voice" when high-pitched alone should get the point across.
  -At around the place where they talk about flight: I'm not sure if "non the less" is a spelling of nonetheless, I looked it up but didn't find anything. Also, the next paragraph slips into present tense.
  Chapter 5
  -I spent basically the entire discussion about the fans and everything wondering if Vivian was there. While I wasn't expecting him to have any input, I'm not even sure if he was there for the conversation.
  -I kinda feel the first sentence of the next section could have Vivian as the subject, "Vivian felt" instead of "It felt", but just my opinion, maybe.
  -i just know kallum's going to die, i just know kallum's going to die, i just know kallum's going to die, i just know kallum's going to die...
  Chapter 6
  -"Turns out the marked are considerably larger than your average bovine"; another instance of sudden present tense. Even besides that though this line reads weird.
  -"It's my mother's place." Classic and unexpected. I approve.
  -"Jansen informed"--informed is a bit weird of a verb for said, I could see "informed him" but to be fair I think at this point Vivian is has been pretty well informed of that anyway.
  -The sentence near the end that introduces the "booming roar" kinda runs on a bit. I also feel like the description for that scene could be stretched a bit more, the memory coming back or more details on how exactly the roar sounds.
  Chapter 7
  -I like this plan!
  Chapter 9
  -Oh good, a crossbow like his assistant shot a slayer with... he's gonna accidently shoot Sonja isn't he
  -Chapter 10
  Fig I'm trying to remember who Rigst is. I thought he was Ivan at first, since I assume Ivan went crazy because the bargleborg or whatever stole someone close to him.
Camo

Member #5

Jul 13, 2017 22:08

Cheers for the feedback Duth. I'll be sure to go over and tweak a few things while keeping these flaws in mind for future writing.

There is the possibility of displaying different signatures!
Camo

Member #5

Feb 28, 2018 4:53

Wow, that last half a year went quick. Anyhow, I pounded out 3 books since my last post. The newest one is a collection of short stories. Perfect for people who don't have much time to read, but want to be interested in my writing.

It's called Holtur Stories, and it will be free for the next 20 or so hours. http://www.cameronwaynesmith.com/books/the-holtur-enigma/holtur-stories/

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 24, 2024 22:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022