Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 11:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: MagFest

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Rook

Member #112

Oct 23, 2011 24:48
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Anyone attending MagFest this year in DC by any chance? They've got a cool event this year called Super Art Fight. Kinda reminded me of Grafight in it's concept.

"Or I could use one little goto instead..."
  --xkcd
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 23, 2011 9:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Apparently, that is an old event, but only official this year.

Speed-drawing seems a strange thing to sell as so awesome live, especially with the bereft traditional art, um, anything in general nerdom today. Unless they draw on their tablets now, which, yeah, they prolly will.

Topics and fan art; not really full-blown comics. Single panel at best, apparently. And fan art. Always with the fan art at these things. "Video game character versus meme" was pretty much all I ever saw kids drawing at any con I went to, anyway.

They even have an online version at the SuperArtFight's official site, but as far as I can tell, it is done via Flickr and "voting" by manually counted, un-automated means.

It should be noted that Grafight was made as a knock-off of another website called SketchBattle, which was meant as a way for online comic artists to make strips lampooning one another's wares. It quickly deteriorated into "Whoever has the more popular webcomic will always win" sort of affair. Thus, the topics had by SuperArtFight seem to level the playing field a bit; it becomes a battle over best interpretation of a tagline.

Still don't get the live thing, tho'. Wouldn't seeing the comic being drawn ruin the punchline? Or do the competitors just talk smack while drawing before the big reveal?

"I give up." ~ Virginia
  "The three sweetest words in the English language." ~ Ross, Raising Hope
NickTheNewbie

Member #325

Nov 3, 2011 14:21
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hello! My name's Nick and I'm on staff with MAGFest. I saw you guys had linked to us, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi. Let me know if you have any questions about the event and I'll be glad to answer them.
Rook

Member #112

Nov 3, 2011 23:19
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm honestly not sure whether it's cool or terrifying that you noticed that.

"I can't stop peeing my pants. I'm out of urine, but I'm peeing my pants with blood now because of my body's biological need to pee my pants from the terror I'm experiencing."
  --Dr. McNinja
NickTheNewbie

Member #325

Nov 4, 2011 8:59

How about a little from column A and a little from column B? MAGFest is actually just the entertainment division of the CIA.

Apologies for the spam, but I have big news! Final Fantasy series composer Nobuo Uematsu and his band EARTHBOUND PAPAS (featuring several former Black Mages members) have been announced as headlining guests at the event. More details on the website: http://magfest.org

[Edited by NickTheNewbie on Nov 4, 2011 12:43]
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 4, 2011 17:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It really is not all that surprising (although it is surprising that he came back despite the lack of canned-software non-RSS notifiers 'round this place).

Y'see, there is a handy-dandy list o' links that pretty much any server will keep for you, tracking all inbound traffic and the originating page that brought 'em. I haven't looked through mine is way too long. I wonder what wonders and strangely enough Russian spam sites await my journey?
  * creates a WalkingStick with a SlavicKindaWood *

"'Do you love me more than any other woman?' I don't know. There are over three billion women in the world. Let's just say you're winning so far." ~ Nick Griffin
Sword
NickTheNewbie

Member #325

Nov 4, 2011 23:29

That's more or less the long and short of it. I check who has referred to us a couple times a day, and if i see a forum, I attempt to reach out to them and add them to a gdoc i have to check regularly and answer any questions they may have.

[Edited by NickTheNewbie on Nov 4, 2011 23:51]
VinnyD

Member #9

Dec 1, 2011 13:39
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Jokes on you! Nobody goes to this forum so there's nobody to reach out to!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 1, 2011 20:18

Nobody goes here, yet here you are, Vince.

You know what that means: we're all nobodies~! * uses SpearToss on VinnyD with a WalkingStick despite its clearly non-spear nature *

"Why do girls ruin everything?" ~ Bart
  "Boy, you say that now, but when you're an adult, you'll only think it." ~ Homer, The Simpsons
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Dec 12, 2011 6:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hoisted by my own Picard

boyachi

Member #92

Dec 21, 2011 1:47

Picard, isn't that the guy that told Harry Potter that the force was with him, or was that Magneto?

Mintman: god of web -Mai
Blade

Member #99

Dec 21, 2011 9:32

How does Mintman's wood feel Vince?

.__.

* uses QuakeTrigger on NickTheNewbie for marketing exposure *

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the gameboy I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may gale,
  But my battery is yet to fail.
  So in a dank corner I will lie,
  And watch the hours go sailing by.
  And while I lie in this nintendo-induced trance,
  I decide I'll give Pokemon Crystal a chance.
  --my random quotation exploitation

Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 11:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022