Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 15:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Free Web Hosting?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Rook

Member #112

Jul 16, 2011 2:11
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey guys, need some advice. Was thinking about starting up a webcomic in the forseeable future. Any advice on some free web hosting that doesn't suck?

Also, is there a way to set the forums up so that my own posts don't highlight a board? Cause I always get my hopes up thinking someone replied, but the new post on the board is ME...

"I'm sorry I twisted your DNA like a kitten with a ball of yarn"
  --Moira Brown, Fallout 3

[Edited by Rook on Jul 16, 2011 2:14]
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 16, 2011 9:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, old-school forums like uBB did that self-highlighting thing, and these boards are largely set up to mimic their functionality. Of course, that was ten years ago, and now people are accustomed to other things -- like emoticons for topics and replies being optional and weird and scary.

But, um, no, there isn't a setting for that. There are very few settings in general, come to think of it.

As for a webcomic host, you would be best off going some place that isn't a web host. There are places like Drunk Duck, Smack Jeeves, and Comic Genesis which will host your comicry quite nicely without the overhead of making an actual site to go along with.
  The other big bonus with these guys is instant promotion -- you don't have to rely on Google to get those precious first hits.

Am I missing anyplace else?

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 16, 2011 21:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Far as I know, that's really it, but I've been outta of doing webcomics for some number of years. From what I've seen, tho', Genesis is still more for if you want to do a lot of the site work still. Jeeves seems to be best for just throwing something up with a slick, clean, and reliable layout. But, Jeeves is also the name of an ancient daemon who must be smote. * class changes to Paladin to do what he just said there * No, you need to integrate FtRPG actions into posts better.

"From now on, I'm sticking to you like fish to a chicken coop."
  - Geeker, Project G.K.R.
Rook

Member #112

Jul 18, 2011 1:01
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thanks, gents. I'll keep you posted if anything happens. (Unlikely)

"We think the packets are being devoured by Nidhoggr, the Net Serpent"
  --Penny Arcade, Los Problemas
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 15:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022