Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 3:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Where has everybody been? 2010 edition.

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 26, 2010 23:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Some of you may have noticed a lack of drunk posting. Other may have noticed a rather lack of my posting. SO here it is. I got a GF, those things take time and I seem to fade out whenever she comes into play.
  Had few before so no excuse.
  Which leads to the next part: over the past few months my mom had been suffering from reoccuring cancer, so if I wasn't at work, I was basically with her.
  Two weeks after that battle, we had to put my dog down. Normally, I am against ending the life of a familiar, but when he wouldn't eat or drink for two days, threw up on the third, couldn't really move all that much and lost use of his back right leg, I felt mercy killing was probably better than watching dehydration take its course.
  So, in able to deal with these two deaths (yes, that means that first battle was lost) I decided to reaffirm the part of me that I actually like myself for: this part. I'll answer questions about this if it comes to it.
  For starters, I decided to revitalize my webpage THIS weekend, while work decided I'd have to work saturday for prolly over eight hours. That isn't the worst of it. The thing that is pissing me off, more than anything else right now, not even this damned rash on my leg (poison ivy? harley quinn?) is Freewebs. So I access my homepage and discover, hey, nothing is working or showing up. It is also "boyachi.webs.com" instead of "freewebs.com/boyachi" that means, I have to go into the text files of all the old AOL hometown pages and switch the code around so that it is synced up. Got the games, was finishing up the writing, had cleared RBY to the central town hub, and BAM! What do I learn? both iterations of my pages are simultaneously active and using the same code, but unless I double upload EVERYTHING, only one will work properly at a time. I my job wasn't on the rocks and I actually learned how to code instead of trying to play catch up to my peers in Reach, I might start shelling out money for a webhost that doesn't (^&@*$ with me!
  So um the tldr of this is, I'm still lurking around here, my site is still broken and I still rant.
  What's everyone else doing? How is Detroit?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 26, 2010 23:48
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry to hear that you went through all of that Boyachi.

* uses CheerUp on boyachi *

I know it probably doesn't compare much to what you wrote, but currently I have three academic projects due in the next upcoming couple of weeks. So that's where most of my serious-time is gonna be at.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 27, 2010 21:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's the one thing I actually like about this time of year in a weird sort of way: the rush. It's what got my through working today knowing I'd lose my job if I don't finish next my project next week! Getting much done in the mean time. it is beautiful.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
Camo

Member #5

Nov 30, 2010 24:23
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ouch Boyachi, I feel for you, really sucks having a missus! Na seriously, you got my sympathies dude, you ever need someone to buy you a beer, I'm here, in Australia! Well this year I stayed at a kung fu school in China for a month and took in the food, culture and women (yeah, Asian women, love hairy white men and throw themselves at you and buy YOU the drinks at the bar!), started teaching karate and swimming (gotta give a bit back to the up n comers!) and last month learnt to sky dive. Hooked on the sky diving! Sure can't drink as much on the weekend, but at least the beers you do drink hit you a s***load harder after a few jumps! Oh, and my nerdism has morphed into ddr lately.... Last couple of months I been hooked on after work drunk stomps, am terrible at it, but yet to be filmed and put on Youtube.... I think....

Poo.
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 24, 2010 2:23

Wow, I gotta say I think you had the most epic year ever. Props to ya. Best believe if I ever wind up Down Under that I'm going to hunt you down have a beer with ya.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Camo

Member #5

Dec 25, 2010 6:09
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

S*** yeah! Merry Christmas all you fkas! Had my first parachute failure on Thursday, now that was extreme! I'm hitting the states next year hopefully, more than welcome to be hunted down for beers, at this stage not sure where I'll be, wanna experience California, New York and eat a steak in Texas.

There is the possibility of displaying different signatures!
Blade

Member #99

Jan 11, 2011 9:30

Last year... 2nd year of university studying management/economics...

So pretty much got drunk all year and discovered the joys of Snowboarding in Australia (not joking) and now I have 5 months holiday and remembered this place exists...

It's probably older than me now????

Sorry for your loss Boyo, especially the loved ones but also the freedom and joy of single life *cough*

EDIT: HAPPY 2011!!! We're in the future... oooOOOoooo

Plus you're legal now - MintMan

[Edited by Blade on Jan 11, 2011 9:48]
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 13, 2011 17:00

I feel like I understand why getting older makes you more pessimistic. Do you think that swearing off videogames to the weekends is a good idea? I ask only becuase I've already sworn off TV alone (like drinking) and noticed that I've been writing jack now that my time has freed up. I suddenly have this feelinf that I want to level up myself instead of a character and there are better things that I can do to beat ten people bloody than practice moving my fingers as someone else does it ( don't get me wrong, I got the three 'rangs on every Arkham asylum melee challenge). Also, I'm not writing much at all (you've probably [not] noticed) so, is this even a good idea or am I...possibly emoing?
  Wait is this emoing? I never thought until now, what if it is? Guys, what do you perscribe?

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 13, 2011 18:20

I would say razorblades cure emo-ing, but I think that just exacerbates the condition.

And getting older doesn't make one more pessimistic; having a life that turns out suckily sure will do that to ya, tho', and I would imagine that the case for most, especially when compared to their wonder years. Me, I never had good years or youth. I went straight from diapers to crotchety senior citizen.

Also, this topic's title is now a lie.

"'Do you love me more than any other woman?' I don't know. There are over three billion women in the world. Let's just say you're winning so far." ~ Nick Griffin
Camo

Member #5

Jan 13, 2011 23:38

S*** dude. I'm taking you out for a beer.

The most erotic rock band ever:EROTIC CREMATION

Returning soon? Beerpending
Rook

Member #112

Jul 7, 2011 4:51
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Belated sympathies, mate.

I've been... well... nothing really. Got a girl. Became a munchkin. Became an un-munchkin, learned some 40k, worked at a toy store for a month, and have been effectively jobless for, like, a year. Stupid economy... Also, I've been in the process of moving for the past year or so.

I'm not slacking, my code's compiling.
  --xkcd
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 15, 2011 21:57
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Graduated college, picked up boxing, moved to Texas, looking for work. All in all generally nothing new Boggle

Blade

Member #99

Jul 24, 2011 15:16

Bump.

Now into the 3rd year of my degree, dropped economics in favour of Marketing (yes that's right I'm going to sell you your own soul) and apart from that, nothing has changed..... I'll add to REWS (since it has been my "turn" (between myself and Zedd) soon.... maybe... in another 6 or so months.... heh...

Basically I just wanted to post here to show I'm still alive (just) and slightly less (or more?) retarded than I used to be.

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the gameboy I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may gale,
  But my battery is yet to fail.
  So in a dank corner I will lie,
  And watch the hours go sailing by.
  And while I lie in this nintendo-induced trance,
  I decide I'll give Pokemon Crystal a chance.
  --my random quotation exploitation

Rook

Member #112

Jul 28, 2011 24:43
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'll be at Otakon this weekend. I'll be Brock (Pokemon), Barney (Half-Life), and the Merchant (Resident Evil 4). So there's a status update.

I have always tried to have a common thread of creativity wind through my games to prevent them from ever unconditioning the human mind from life itself.

--MintMan
Camo

Member #5

Oct 17, 2011 17:02

Resident Evil 4? His real name is Lerchant.

Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile UPSIDE DOWN SMILEY Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile
   Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile !FOREVER! Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile

Camo Smile
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 3:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022