Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 5:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Main Page

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 26, 2010 16:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So I came for my periodic visit...and I see that the main page (http://www.realitysend.com) has been totally replaced by a "Turkish hacker"? Boggle
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 26, 2010 20:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, I'm looking at it right now, some four hours later, and I don't see anything off about the main page.

Would you care to clarify what exactly you mean by the page being replaced/hacked?

A few days/weeks/combinations of days and weeks ago, the main page (and some others) had a problem since my host "upgraded" from RedHat to Ubuntu servers and ditched a Perl module in the process. That was simply a 500 error, if I recall correctly, tho'.

"Why do girls ruin everything?" ~ Bart
  "Boy, you say that now, but when you're an adult, you'll only think it." ~ Homer, The Simpsons
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 26, 2010 23:44
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm sorry, I don't have a screenshot of it. I visited again just now and everything's OK.

From what I recall, it was essentially a splash-page-esque thing, with a waving flag and face in front of the flag in the center of the screen (no expert in these sorts of things). Underneath that picture was some words in foreign language; the only part I could make out was the part in English which read "Turkish hacker".

All this started when I visited earlier today through the regular link www.realitysend.com, and I saw that. I went to the BD and forums pages (manually, that false main page at the time had no links), which were completely OK, but when I clicked the "Main" link at the sidebar it lead me to the false page again. I figured the whole thing was just isolated to that one single page/URL.

Again, sorry for not thinking of taking a screenshot.
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 27, 2010 21:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Turkish hacker? Sounds like someone has an admirer! Who have you been webchatting with, Mints?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Camo

Member #5

Nov 30, 2010 17:49
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Perhaps Draggy's puter had been Turkish'D?

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 1, 2010 24:54

Everything looks fine right now from here. What Camo said sounds entirely possible (not a computer genius), though interesting that it would be isolated to just one page.

* gives Camo a beer for reading Camo's sig after trying not to...drat *
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 1, 2010 20:45
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Camo, the correct term is 'Turkefied.'

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 5:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022