Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 9:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Honey, I Blew Up the Forums

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 14, 2010 19:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heya. How's everyone doin'?

Now, I am certain you all are wondering what happened to all the mountains of activity over this last weekend that you've come to expect from RE? Well, I don't know if any of you tried (any other than one), but the forums were slightly exploded.

Well, no. It gets worse than that.

See, I had managed to delete every master account in RE. Better yet, the last backups I made were in, like, dial-up ages. Some messed up logic, that is.

It coulda cost me ugly, too, to retrieve from my host's daily backup. Apparently, for being such a good customer for, oh, ever, I got it at a five-finger discount.

Funny to think how far I was willing to go in order to save some data that prolly isn't worth a coupla pennies. FtRPG forevah~!

"I imagine the WWE offices have an emergency panel that says 'In case of good television, break glass,' and inside is Batista." ~ Neil McGilloway
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 14, 2010 21:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This doesn't mean we're missing really important(read: any) conversations we've had over the years, are we?
  Waiiit, since dial-up? Does that mean the pub might be back?

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 14, 2010 21:23

The Master accounts were bah-leeted; the posts themselves and all other data remained intact.

And, as far as I know, the accounts were restored without missing any time. Well, with the possible exception of missing that new signature I added on Friday before The Unspeakable occurred...

"Why do girls ruin everything?" ~ Bart
  "Boy, you say that now, but when you're an adult, you'll only think it." ~ Homer, The Simpsons
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 14, 2010 22:13

...was that the new signature?

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Camo

Member #5

Jun 18, 2010 6:39
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

S***, I made a new signiture in the last month or so and haven't seen it yet. It was so awesome to.... hope it didn't go. If so, RE is f star star ked.

The most erotic rock band ever:EROTIC CREMATION

Returning soon? Beerpending

------------EDIT-------------

Is ok, it's still there, just yet to appear. RE is not F star star ked.

[Edited by Camo on Jun 18, 2010 6:41]
Blade

Member #99

Jul 22, 2010 24:16

I'm doing good Big Smile

Yay for master-account-ness... the one account to rule them all... hmm.. what's news everyone? Haven't been here in ages...

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the gameboy I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may gale,
  But my battery is yet to fail.
  So in a dank corner I will lie,
  And watch the hours go sailing by.
  And while I lie in this nintendo-induced trance,
  I decide I'll give Pokemon Crystal a chance.
  --my random quotation exploitation

Lugia7777

Member #79

Jul 25, 2010 12:46
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Glad to see the forums are still up as ever, Minty. Big Smile
Afiag

Member #242

Aug 5, 2010 15:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Buttes.

.."Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
  "A pit full of fire."
  "And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for
  ever?"
  "No, sir."
  "What must you do to avoid it?"
  "I must keep in good health, and not die."
  -Jane Eyre
Cheetarius

Member #10

Aug 10, 2010 8:15
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Apparently they weren't down very long - I missed it. Although, there might be other reasons for that...

- Cheetarius - "...and don't spread this around, but I was thinking that if we got up there, we would outnumber the regular crew, so we could wait until the last day, then overpower them, and take the thing on a joyride around the moon or something."
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 10, 2010 18:26

Wow, with all these old obscure-bies poppiin' up, I guess it is a good thing all your accounts weren't deleted.

It also apparently means I should asplode the site more often to increase traffic.

"The dog must have took a bullet for the kid, and then took the shooter's finger off. Anyone ever love you that much?" ~ Detective Crews, Life
Cheetarius

Member #10

Aug 11, 2010 6:46

Weeelll, I don't know if I'd go *that* far, Mint. =P I for one intend to try to stop by a bit more, at least when I remember to. It's been ages since I've stopped by the End.

Was I always #10...? Or did I get bumped up or something?

- Cheetarius
  It doesn't think,
  It doesn't feel,
  It doesn't laugh or cry;
  All it does from dusk to dawn
  Is make the soldiers die.
Afiag

Member #242

Aug 11, 2010 12:09

You should delete everyone of unimportance so that I'm not member #2xx. Wait, there are over 200 accounts? Shenanigans!

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 11, 2010 22:45

Funny that I was questioning just that same fact, 'Figs, since Cheet mentioned his number.

Two-hundred, yes. Active? Nope.

"And it doesn't even stock whole cows!"
  - Noah the Dinosaur, Project G.K.R.
Afiag

Member #242

Aug 12, 2010 15:25

Define active, the number could vary from 1 to.. 10? Actually, I somewhat forget about this place when people don't respond to my SA or BD challenges, especially when I've reformatted my computer and it's no longer a bookmark.

Yeah, it's a bookmark. Feel special.

* throws a Memory at MintMan *

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

[Edited by Afiag on Aug 12, 2010 15:26]
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 9:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022