Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 9:26 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: April 30th Update

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

May 2, 2010 14:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Since there wasn't a post for this yet, I wanna start one.

Congratulations on your new job!

I'm looking forward to the new conent, the upgrades, and most importantly, the pomegrantes!

Mintman: god of web -Mai
Rook

Member #112

May 2, 2010 23:49
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mints, that was a hell of a speech. Don't feel like you go unappreciated. You're one hell of an inspiration.

"Do I preach to you when you're lying stoned in the gutter?"
  --Bender, Futurama
draggy1234

Member #97

May 3, 2010 1:06
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Been here since some years back, planning to still be here through some years ahead.

I wanna know what other fruits MintMan has on his fruits list! Big Smile
MintMan

Member #1

May 3, 2010 19:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't think I or this site is underappreciated; I know I have been neglecting this site!

It was a pretty simple reason, too: I'll get around to the massive, sweeping updates once all that uni brouhaha clears up... er, once I get a job... er, once I get another job since I know I'm going to be leaving this one first chance I get... okay, now I need an internet connection, and maybe a place to live that isn't a hotel.

I'm waiting on my modem in the mail, and so long as Verizon didn't lie about not needing a landline, I should be up and web developin' in no time! * class changes to Warrior of the non-ultimate variety *

The biggest thing sweeping the coming changes is the fact that pretty much every new page will be back to being an actual page. I've been living on scripted whatchamacallits for far too long now.
  The plan is to have simple files embedded with really only the body of a page uploaded with a certain extension. Whenever such a page is accessed, it is instantly parsed on the server-side and header-footered based on supplementary files it finds in whichever directory the base file was located.
  Not only does this keep me from having to make you'll-never-see-management software, but it also makes the process much faster and freeform.

Pretty much, I can go on an uploading spree and update everything at the blink of an eye. Even my over-scripted dev-log type stuff isn't that spiffy.

It is about time I start getting back to general article-y content, too (How many help sections are in dire need of updating? All of them?) instead of the interactive scripting. RE has long been trending toward more complicated projects, and it is really hard to get something meaningful even once a month, thus this non-update of an update.

Plus, I think the splash page is finally fried. Been a year since I uploaded a pic, so I'm prolly gonna do what Gobbo does. Actually, I think not being updated in a year is the same reason Gobbo stopped it, too.

PS: Also on the fruit list is the Pomelo. Spoiler alert: they suck!

PPS: If you are able to confirm my suspicions that I have said that exact, above statement before, you'll get a free (virtual) pie.

"Luke, Serena, go get me Jared from Subway." ~ CM Punk -- it doesn't matter why.

[Edited by MintMan on May 4, 2010 18:09]
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 4, 2010 6:34
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On May 3, 2010 19:01, MintMan said:

(How many help sections are in dire need of updating? All of them?

Well, the RE League ones are still accurate on virtue of nothing really having changed, right?
Rook

Member #112

May 5, 2010 24:05
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

A search bar would be nice. I use this site as a reference for mythological discussions all the time.

"Do I preach to you when you're lying stoned in the gutter?"
  --Bender, Futurama
draggy1234

Member #97

May 5, 2010 3:22
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'd imagine most of the stuff in the help sections currently don't need to be updated, as I think the core mechanics haven't changed over the years. Things like what stat has what effects and how to navigate around in REL's Maelstrom City seem the same, for example. Maybe just a read-over would mostly suffice for most pages. Certain obscure details here and there, on the other hand... Shifty Eyes

(Do the help pages have a "Last updated by:" segment or something? Can't remember.)

As to the Pomelo fruit, I think it was mentioned in the Pomegranates topic a few spots down from this one. I have no idea about the exact quote though; I personally cannot think of a past time it may have popped up, and therefore have no idea which topics to sift through. Perhaps use a search function like Rook brought up, copy-paste that quote, and look at the results? Tongue

* To try out something new, class changes to Skald AFTER setting a Marker on the favored class...and wonders why the idea didn't surface months ago >_< *
Camo

Member #5

May 24, 2010 6:08
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I wanna put a mention in for watermelon. Sure everyone has eaten it, but in China, wherever you get beer, you get watermelon. So many nights I sat at my table staring at the dancing girls drinking down liquid confidence eating watermelon. I don't think they have heard of beernuts, but to be honest, I liked it, I even suggested to my friend in Aus the other day, we have beer, we should get watermelon. I got laughed at.

So Camo's new age recipe for your next shindig is beer and watermelon. It rocks.

The most erotic rock band ever:EROTIC CREMATION

Returning soon? Beerpending
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 9:26 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022