Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 20:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: I'm With Coco

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 22, 2010 9:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I didn't make a topic when Conan was originally contracted to The Tonight Show.
  I didn't make a topic when Conan actually started filming The Tonight Show.
  Today is his last episode ever. Dagnabbit, I'm making a topic!

I've watched Conan since the third grade. Yeah, I had wonderful parents. My older brother told me how Stan Lee was going to be on TV! Freakin' Stan Lee! To me, that was huge!
  Problem was, he was coming on a show that aired at 12:35 in the morning. Oh well, it was Friday.
  Little did I know that I would spend almost every Friday -- everyday, during the summer -- watching late night TV.

This whole NBConan situation has been very engrossing for me. No one is coming out of it alive; things are just gonna get worse for everyone -- except O'Brien, who will get a show that will allow him to do the level of humor he used to do, just earlier.

They were never fair to the new Tonight Show. By bumping Leno into primetime, they still made Conan look like a second-stringer. The big names still went to Leno, instead, and Conan maintained about the same old priority of guests. Thing is, Leno's show bombed, surprise surprise, yet it still took all of the limelight away from Conan. I mean, with Leno's entire exit, they made the guy going out look bigger than the person coming in. That's just bad business! And seven months later, guess what? It turned out to be really bad business!

So now, Coco is rich, I'm going back to watching Letterman (who I am beginning to fear is going senile, but still better than Leno), and do any of you even care? Late night teevees has long been a passion of mine, mostly on account of staying up late and having no social life.
  Do any of you have thoughts or concerns on the subject?

"I sentence you to life!"
  "You moron, I'm already alive." ~ Homer Simpson
Zedd

Member #76

Jan 23, 2010 20:21
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Any of whom? I feel like I'm only getting half the rant here - who are all these people?

Release that which was never caged.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 24, 2010 20:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hooray for non-US people not understanding American late-night television!

It is actually a pretty big story over here. I think this video from Hong Kong will explain everything for international markets.

"It says so in the Bible." ~ Booth
  "It does not." ~ Dr. Brennan
  "Then it was left out by mistake." ~ Booth, Bones
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 25, 2010 24:32

Take it SOMEONE isn't a fan of Jimmie Kimmel?* class changes to Exorcist to send the demons away from late shows *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 25, 2010 7:22

Here's something that I think. Conan had five years notice to show that he was up to the task of taking over the Tonight Show. In that time, I believe, he started to take his role more seriously, classing up to fit his coming position. Just, you know, subtly. Like he said on his last Late Nite, the bear had to be changed to frantically looking for change in its belt pouch so that it would be time slot appropriate.

But, now, here's what I noticed towards the end of the Tonight Show run: he was getting back to classic Conan. Even before the scheduling announcement, he had Andy sitting on the couch. For months, he stood at the podium. It had been years since he had sat down and stayed on the couch.

Andy participation, the ridiculous characters, the jokes. Some people speculate that Conan went all out to flex his muscles to prospecting networks (which I guess is code for FOX), but I really think he was reminding people of vintage Conan. Even more, I think he was still holding back, be it for censors or network editing. In seven months, I'm certain that we'll get a Conan like never before. If a robot on the toilet passed on NBC at midnight, just imagine what will fly on FOX at any time.

That's gonna be some good television.

"Make sure you don't suck in anything you can't lift."
  "Words to live by, I'm sure."
  - Dr. Maston & Mr. Moloch, Project G.K.R.
Camo

Member #5

Jan 26, 2010 15:33
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Robots need to go potty too?

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch

[Edited by Camo on Jan 26, 2010 15:34]
VinnyD

Member #9

Feb 2, 2010 9:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm glad he left, NBC didn't want Conan being funny, they wanted Conan being Jay Leno, who for his late night run has been unfunny. I think on a different network Conan will have more control to be absolutely insane like he should.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 20:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022