Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 11:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Cgi-bin(ge) and important P.S.A.

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 16, 2009 24:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

With the url mod, does this mean that we won't be able to search random pages by swapping the numbers around inside the forum urls?
  Important Public Service Announcement!
  Talk Like a Pirate day is this saturday the 19th. I'll be out of town in a region with dial up (if I'm lucky) and no wifi. So I hope all of you bask in the grand festivities!

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 16, 2009 8:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Holy snap! That is coming up againe alreadie? It seems RE always manages to miss it. I need to make some sort of RE Calendar or sumthin' so all those important dates aren't skipped.

On the topic of TLAPD and Apache's ReWrite Module, in the future, I would be able to parse the output of every page to translate it into Pirate! Heck, if I try hard enough, I may be able to do that for Saturday. The trick is handling the pages in the way they are supposed to be (SHTML or Perl) and then feed the thing into a translator. Possible, yes, but allowable on my server? You'll just have to wait to find out~!

As for the mod_rewrite (which was apparently enabled by my host at some indeterminate time in the past since I last checked, which was years ago), you still will be able to just type in numbers. Forums benefit little from having non-number IDs; it is not exactly something where you'd think "Hmm, I wonder how that topic 'Hi' is doing..." REWS, as is my guess, will benefit the most as I am working on a large remapping structure to take story titles in the URL. (No more 0 is for High Time!)

I actually started on REWS, too, but then realized there are so many links in the thing. Creating the new URL handler isn't that hard; for the most part, fixing all of the pages to link to the right place is. You'll get some really wonky results unless everything is flopped out at once.
  Forums will just change to /forum/(classic(/topicnumber(/page))), which for the most part just looks so much better. Now that I think of it, the forums might be easier to start off with than the REWS...

And now, it is someone who isn't Boyachi's turn to start a topic!

"So you're saying... I should eat a lot of yogurt?"
  "Couldn't hurt." ~ Burn Notice
Afiag

Member #242

Sep 17, 2009 18:29
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

..Translation into pirate speech? YES.

Disappoint me cap'n, and I'll have ye kiss the gunner's daughter! That only sounds like a good thing.

* sets a secret Keelhaul *

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 17, 2009 19:32
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That sounds... Quite cool. I may actually be able to run with TLAPD this year; I usually forget entirely.

Bring on the translation thing!

The sword that kills is that which brings life.
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 17, 2009 21:13

TANGENT TIME!
  Zedd, please explain your signature, because even with my demented logic I couldn't get it to work, unless you are speaking along the lines of the "blood makes the grass grow, kill them, kill them!" chant that we used to shout at our HS football games.
  PS: I feel old.

"To Hell: On Purpose" - MintMan
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 18, 2009 21:55
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's an old martial arts saying. Basically, it's saying you shouldn't just go around killing things for the sake of it - only do it if you wish to preserve some other form of life.

Though the football chant is also valid, I'm sure Wink .

Release that which was never caged.
Afiag

Member #242

Sep 19, 2009 11:39

Have a happy/fun/annoyin' TLAPD. :3

Nice translations Minty one! Sorry about the keelhaul waiting, but you could just landsmite me. Boggle

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What be my purpose in life?" very smartly lacked both.

[Edited by Afiag on Sep 19, 2009 11:42]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 19, 2009 16:54

Methinks I shall! * uses LandSmite on Afiag for ol' times sake *

Ah, that takes me back! So little work on FtRPG since there's been, well, so little Ft goin' around these days...

I usually forget about TLAPD, too, and typically, the forums just hear the tailend of its exploits from other members (typically, just Boyachi).
  I gotta rig this thing into a Cronjob so that it'll automatically pop-up every year and surprise and scare me! Hooray!

"So you're saying... I should eat a lot of yogurt?"
  "Couldn't hurt." ~ Burn Notice
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 19, 2009 18:10

What me wanna knows be why the sea dog Camo wasn't the one to pop up the mention of this day as I believe he normally be. That, or I've taken in too much sea water. As in ingested. Ye can drink that stuff fine, right?

"I can't go back to teaching high school math. Those girls pretend they're not women, but they are."
  - Pete, 30 Rock
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 19, 2009 20:29

Woo, you actually did it. Impressive.

Maybe he's the one who's taken the seawater... Or he's actually here, and we've all had so much seawater we can't tell?

Release that which was never caged.
Blade

Member #99

Sep 20, 2009 5:22

arr

Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Sep 21, 2009 2:54

Thanks to the flu, I had an all too realistic TLAPD... bent over a railing coughing things up, occasionally moaning in agony.
  * brings forth a Doc *
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 21, 2009 17:44

LugiaTrainer, I think you have yourself thinking about Talk Like A Zombie Day (do we have a set date on this one?).

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Skulkraken

Member #128

Sep 21, 2009 23:34
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mrrrh?

Talk Like A Zombie Day would be deliciously grand. I suggest that such a day be scheduled to take place following Talk Like A Pirate Day, 28 days later.

My Blog -- guamgamer.blogspot.com
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Sep 22, 2009 5:50

With the level of health care most pirates had? No, I'm pretty sure that was accurate. * uses ElementalMix in preparation for a really punny tech *
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 28, 2009 17:55

28 days later, that would make it October 17th, right? I say we make it offical.
  Side note, I'm supposed to go see Zombieland this friday, anyone else heard about it?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Sep 29, 2009 10:41

No.. but that.. sounds..... AWESOME.

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rook

Member #112

Sep 29, 2009 22:16
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Seeing it on Sunday with twins. Then they's makin me food. Like apple pie.

If only I wasn't paying them... then it'd be much cooler. Well, they're there to be there. The food ain't free. But whatever.

"...allow me to hold your head under the putrescent waters of knowledge."
  --Yahtzee Croshaw, Zero Punctuation

[Edited by Rook on Sep 29, 2009 22:16]
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 7, 2009 16:41

I'm all for Zombie day, but what exactly is Zombie speak? I can't just elongate every syllable to emulate a moan, and extending "ain" to "aaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn" wouldn't really come up enough to merit any real use.

Suggestions? * creates a ZombieStick for whoever comes up with the best suggestions *

"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise." ~ Rorschach, Watchmen
Sword
Skulkraken

Member #128

Oct 7, 2009 23:28
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This might be useful.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Zamgrh

The game Urban Dead has a full written/spoken language for its zombie players. Tongue
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 11:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022