Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 18:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Safe Searching

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 26, 2009 23:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So, I was reading the paper today, and McAfee released a list of people safe to search for and people who weren't (they'd have results with phishing sites and trojans and the like). Yea, Brad Pitt is dangerous and so is that other chick who was voted number one, but then they had a list of safe people, and I got to wondering, why would you tell us who is ok? Isn't that just giving the creators of the viruses their next targets since the masses will be less suspecting? Or am I overthinking this, or is it actually a good idea to give the masses a safelist?

"To Hell: On Purpose" - MintMan
Blade

Member #99

Aug 27, 2009 19:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You mean Jessica Biel yeah? I'm sure that safe list is no longer safe, maybe people should stop being jerkoff's, could be a help.

Got Pr0n?
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 27, 2009 20:46

Who else here thinks that MacAfee is actually the largest phishing network around, and they in fact posted a list of people safe to search so that unsuspecting internet users would instead look for only "safe" celebrities they had phishing sites set up for?

No one? Really? Well, fine, be that way.

"It says so in the Bible." ~ Booth
  "It does not." ~ Dr. Brennan
  "Then it was left out by mistake." ~ Booth, Bones
Rook

Member #112

Aug 29, 2009 4:31
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Who else thinks McAffee is an overrated piece of junk and that we should all switch over to a less processing-power-hogging application like AVG?

Maybe I'm just used to computer-related topics being written somewheres on the intertubes, but I just think it's rather silly to put something like that in the newspaper. Who reads newspapers anymore anyways? By the time the newspaper reaches your mailbox, you could've read it online twelve hours ago.

"...allow me to hold your head under the putrescent waters of knowledge."
  --Yahtzee Croshaw, Zero Punctuation
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 29, 2009 5:30

I think you could say "Jessica Biel gives cancer" and it'd increase the amount she'd be googled 'cuz people would be reminded that she exists. Not me, of course. * class changes to Abbot to show how innocent he is *

But, nuts to your phishing theory. I'm pretty sure MacAfree is part of some super secret group that's trying to control the tide of Hollywood by promoting and demoting celebrities purely on search volume statistics. Once they've played up the ponies they've bet on, then the star that they paid not-hot-topic money to do a commercial for them suddenly becomes a lucrative investment!

"Got any ideas?"
  "Hmm... animal socks!"
  - Noah and Geeker, Project G.K.R.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Sep 2, 2009 24:58
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I wouldn't be too surprised about McAffee propagating viruses. It's in their interest that as many people get infected as possible.
  * brings forth a ClamwinAntivirus *
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Sep 2, 2009 13:16
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I attended two different high schools, one was very small. Pretty much 8 classrooms. These classrooms had goodly sized closets, which generally didn't have real doors on them.
  Occasionally we'd do a bit of a drill for in case one of us brought a gun to school and waved it around threateningly.
  Standard procedure:

1. Lock the classroom door and turn the lights/monitors off. Act like there's nobody there during the middle of 4th period algebra.
  2. Everybody get into the closet and be quiet.

Every possible nutjob student now knows that everyone else is gonna be stuffed in the closets like sardines. Good job.
  PS: Why am I going to search celebrities? Oh wait, I'm not.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.

[Edited by Afiag on Sep 2, 2009 13:22]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 18:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022