Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 9:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: A Decade ago, I never thought I would be...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 1, 2009 17:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

One fine splash page you got there!
  I can't believe it's been ten years already!
  I'm pretty sure I've only been here for under six of them.
  Oh I remember being in my parent's basement finding this site...now I'm in my room typing this...at my parents house. So much has changed over the years!

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 1, 2009 17:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

But, then, how can you say you can't believe it's been that long? You were only there for half of it! And many drunken stupor'd on another few trips 'round the sun. Weren't we all!

I've at least been sittin' pretty with the rest of old beans. You know, Spider Warrior Camo, Sailor Pikachu, Lady Aeris, and all the greats we remember. I mean, know, 'cuz they're still around and active like ever!

... Crying

"Trapped like a cabbage in a cabbage trap!"
  - Geeker, Project G.K.R.
Afiag

Member #242

Jun 3, 2009 13:15
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was just thinking the other day "Oh hey.. this thing has been here for about 10 years now. Huh."

I've been here since... ahh.. half of it. I think i had a BD account since '04 or something, forums since '05. Or something like that. About since the time when you could like.. practice your spells in BD, and there was still a midi music player.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
Skulkraken

Member #128

Jun 5, 2009 4:12
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I remember the spell practicing and the midi music, too. To be perfectly honest, I found the music feature to be both entertaining and excruciating, depending on the music that ended up being picked. My ears still hurt from some of the stuff that played in the old RE gyms...

I never bothered posting in the forum at all, though, until maybe a year or two ago. ...At least, I think so. Does Mints have the ability to scry how long each of our accounts has been around?

My Blog -- guamgamer.blogspot.com
Blade

Member #99

Jun 5, 2009 8:23

I think its written somewheres.....

..somewheres I cant find.. Frown ...nice screen that clear account screen (thought it might have had something in it, but meh) ..which brings me to a question, when clearing accounts can one adopt a familiar type that one already had (in my case a tatz n 'hogg) I just wondered this because if not, I found me a Bug!

...also I was checking out the Tiamat and noticed its choosing was by Eagle... which brings me to the question... where is eagle?? or did he pass on like a rumour I heard?? can anyone confirm??

..and then I found it.. that "sword" icon thingy like just above the chat box, to view master accounts n all that jazz....

Member # 99 <-- (ooh yeah top 100 baby, and im still young according to the elders forum entry) Tongue
  Signed Up Jul 7, 2003 <--- (wow nearly 6 years here Boggle)
  Posts 333 <--- (clearly 3 3's are awesome)
  Birthday Jan 5, 1985 <-- (that should be 1991 haha...stupid legal-ness ages being different in other countries)

.. end rant

[Edited by Blade on Jun 5, 2009 8:37]
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 5, 2009 15:48

I startin' makin' this site in my parents' computer room, and now I'm makin' it in their basement computer room. Upgrade? * class changes to Miles to be a soldier for activity *

Legal-ness? Since when does RE care 'bout any o' dat?
  I can bypass COPPA by being a clearly unfriendly environment for children, but not offensive enough that an eighteen-year-old restriction be set. I'm in the golden zone of not caring! Hey, sounds familiar~!

The "sword icon" is the FtRPG/Forum not-RPG data, which includes all generic masteryness. Skullkraken was around since '03, too. Scary, no? Pretty much every at RE right now has been at RE for five or six years; the first hundred or so were rushed-over carry-overs from the F2S web address or Netfirms, even. I really gotta make that HistoRE.

I think Eagle succumbed to his leukemia, given the fact that his personal website also disappeared.

When you clear your account, I guess it is better not to be able to adopt anything you already have; otherwise, people could keep on clearing their account with the same monster until they at least start with a win. This is a case of accidental anti-usability, and I likes it~!
  Seriously, why would you want to start over with something you already have? 'Tis stupid, really.

Ah, yes, the MIDIs. They were canned for both speed and memory. The player bogged some browsers, and at the time, I was having a lot of server problems which I assumed were space related. I don't think they were, but the MIDIs still were spirited away.

"When no one was looking, Luthor took forty cakes. He took 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible." ~ DC's The Super Dictionary
LeeTupper

Member #42

Jun 5, 2009 19:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm pretty sure that I've been here more than five years. No idea how long really, but I do know that I've been through a few RE League accounts and that I started out on here before tenth grade... I 'unno. I do remember for sure the days of the BD metagame being Kamaitachi, Hrimfaxi, and a gaggle of Nidhogg eggs.

So I'm sure I predate 2002, just not sure if any of my accounts show it. Reality's End has always been one of my favorite sites, even if I sometimes go and vanish for a year at a time.

As for me? I first accessed it on dial up, in my parent's room, on a comp running Windows 98. Now, I'm in my own apartment, running broadband, and a setup using XP (screw Vista.). So, quite a change here, I guess you could say.

EDIT: My account says September, 2002, but I know that I was here a while earlier than that. I think I joined the forum to champion the cryptozoological Tatzelwurm, being young and stupid and not yet knowing the prevailing RE trends.

Another Edit: And I really miss the MIDIs, too. It added this addictive, gambling nature to the site. Whenever I got into a battle in REL it was like "C'mon, kickass battle tunes!" And then the Final Fantasy theme would start up, and I'd flee the battle just to avoid having to fight to [i]that[/i]. (I forget what the others were, but IIRC, I had a list of half a dozen songs that I'd instant-quit battles over. The rest were fine. Especially the Megaman stuff. I loved that for battles. Even now, when I hear Airman's theme, I think Pokemon, not Megaman.)
  (If you can't tell, Lee used the site for REL almost exclusively for years)

[Edited by LeeTupper on Jun 5, 2009 19:06]

[Edited by LeeTupper on Dec 23, 2009 22:33]
Zedd

Member #76

Jun 6, 2009 4:00
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Depends on whether you count my first or second comings-to-here. Apparently signed up for the forum in '03 (seems to be a fashionable year), and had been at BD a while before that. However, looking through some old e-mails, I do have one from gundrunsincitement18@angelfire.com confirming my RE League account, as of October 2000. Kinda funny really.

...Heh, I do remember having a slight obsession with the Wild ARMs theme at one point, but since the sound on my computer is normally off, I can deal with the MIDIs not being around any more.

"...Gotta get rid of that freaky 80's punk hair, though..." Blade, re. Falken.
Blade

Member #99

Jun 6, 2009 5:34

I remember that! ..that means I was around (dabbling) then.... Boggle more to the point you've got emails from then still!!?!

E-Mail>Snail Mail feh... that mail woulda disintegrated ages ago Wink

Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Camo

Member #5

Jun 6, 2009 20:18
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Spider warrior, lol.

Poo.
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Jun 8, 2009 18:02
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ten years ago I was....7. I made an AOL account, and was released onto the internet, ha.

* plants a virtual Decade tree *

COOKIE!

P.S. Aw, only been here four years...

[Edited by Dragon_Kirby on Jun 8, 2009 18:03]
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jun 9, 2009 1:04
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was 14, also on AOL, damn I was incredibly stupid. Not that I'm not stupid now...but then I was even worse! Also, how new is it that there's one fruit on a tree per every two posts after planting?
  * brings forth an out on MintMan of spite for limiting trees *

Edit: Strange, the preview showed the post differently

[Edited by Lugiatrainer on Jun 9, 2009 1:06]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 9, 2009 13:08

The preview prolly did show it differently until you added "out of spite for limiting trees." And trees have always been limited; that's their gimmick. Otherwise, everyone would just make a reply to pick the poor thing clean. Speaking of which... * uses GaleForce on out to out out its outiness... out! *

Apparently, '02 was when the current domain went up, but FtRPG startin' rockin' in '03, which I guess is when a lot of people started coming in? Possibly for the "RPing" which was actually just writing in disguise. Guess it should stayed that way. Posts go all the way back to '01, tho'. That's some ancient stuff.

"When no one was looking, Luthor took forty cakes. He took 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible." ~ DC's The Super Dictionary
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 10, 2009 17:00
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yerr I'm still around. Just lurking. Being crazy, whatever. Besides Camo I think I'm the oldest who still comes around. And the best. Its me. I'm the best.

boyachi

Member #92

Jun 10, 2009 19:06

Vincent I thought we told you to stop pressing the Taunt button whilst playing Mario Party.

"To Hell: On Purpose" - MintMan
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 10, 2009 22:21
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The real game with that was seeing who could do that the most. Until the violence began.

LeeTupper

Member #42

Dec 23, 2009 22:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, Mints, I just seems to be digging up all sorts of issues in the past couple days.

http://www.realitysend.com/music/index.shtml

I googled into this while trying to find people who had taken MIDIs from here, and was all giggly upon discovering the location. I was like "Well, that solves my problem of finding all those MIDIs for getting me into an REL stomping mood." But alas, none were home.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 23, 2009 22:42

Thus why that hasn't been linked to anywhere on the main site forever now and the only way to get to it was through Googling.

Simple answer, no?

I stripped those from the site when I got rid of the MIDI Nextreme (which was only IE compatible, to give you an idea of just how long ago that was) and I was scrapped for memory -- or so I thought. Strange issues, so I tried everything to fix 'em.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Dec 23, 2009 23:14

Ah, I was wondering a good bit about how that all worked out. I remembered you mentioning something about removing the MIDIs, but I didn't know if it was just removing access to them, or outright purging them from the system. My bad.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Dec 24, 2009 19:09

Well, with the playlists, the appropriate MIDIs can be downloaded to recreate the experience. The following pages should have everything:

Edit: Also, Holiday MIDIs!

[Edited by Lugiatrainer on Dec 24, 2009 19:12]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 9:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022