Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 3:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Star Trek

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 18, 2009 3:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Rather than let the thread started about the counter continue to veer further away, I figured a new topic was deserved! I saw the Trek movie and I must say that it passed my expectations! I have to admit, it didn't end quite like I expected it to, but I think that turned out to be a good thing. Any other opinions?
Rook

Member #112

May 21, 2009 17:26
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Three...days....later... Fail.

I haven't had a chance to see it. Did Simon Pegg live up to every hope I had?

cos(<3) = ?
  (<3)^2 = ?
  My normal approach is useless here.
  ----xkcd
Elissa

Member #298

May 21, 2009 18:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I thought the film was good, but not great. I would have been much more disappointed if not for Leonard Nimoy, who more or less stole the show. Also, Eric Bana's Nero was fantastic, within the limits of his character, who really was not given enough depth.

-Elissa
  Nadare City (currently LotGJ only)
  ...it's a series of tubes
MintMan

Member #1

May 21, 2009 18:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have a feeling that the lack of response is due to everyone not seeing it yet but intending to do so. A normal forum would be full of idiots saying just that, which is entirely worthless...

"What did you think of the new Star Trek?"
  "Haven't seen it!"
  "Me neither~!"
  "Um... then why are you saying things?"

That's right; other forums suck! Of course, other forums prolly have a lot more Trekkies. I've never been hardcore into Trek, seeing most -- if not all -- of the recent releases rented. Shall I do the same with this? Only time and sloth shall tell. Stupid prophesying two-toed jerk...

"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise." ~ Rorschach, Watchmen
boyachi

Member #92

May 24, 2009 4:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I personally think this would have been SO much better to release close to Father's Day. I'm actually hoping it's still playing at least at the campus theatre so I can drag ol' pops to see it, just like the old days.
  Actually, my father and I started watching the Trek movies chronologically...and never got to Search for Spock(of which we might have two copies of).

Mintman: god of web -Mai
Camo

Member #5

May 25, 2009 6:21
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On May 18, 2009 3:52, Lugiatrainer said:

Rather than let the thread started about the counter continue to veer further away, I figured a new topic was deserved! I saw the Trek movie and I must say that it passed my expectations! I have to admit, it didn't end quite like I expected it to, but I think that turned out to be a good thing. Any other opinions?

I haven't seen it.

c**t me up scotty
Rook

Member #112

May 30, 2009 22:07
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay. That was without a doubt the best movie I have seen in my entire life. This kicks Batman's black leathery ass.

"I'm sorry I twisted your DNA like a kitten with a ball of yarn"
  --Moira Brown, Fallout 3
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 3:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022