Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 16, 2024 12:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: 207424

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Apr 30, 2009 14:43
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Awkward you say? Hmm...I could try that out myself.

* uses CupidsArrow on Vincent_Malloy *

MANGO!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 30, 2009 20:21
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Aiight I gotta hit a truck on Gobbs: Am I missing something about this Swine Flu.
  1) It's practically a Pandemic: AIDs is moreso. AIDs also kills more people and I'm pretty sure has killed more people than this has in the same amount of time.
  2)It's from pigs: it's still basically the flu. Flu medications treat it. A little mexican boy is just fine after contracting it.
  3) We don't get it from eating pork.

Please please correct me if I'm wrong, but even if it gets widespread, everyone will get sick not dead. Sounds like a second flu season so far. I vote this down as a possibility for being the end of the world. Heck, does anyone remember the Macerena? I thought we were almost goners back then, especially compared to this.
  * uses Shiver on Afiag since for some reason, I have no heal commands... *

Mintman: god of web -Mai
Sword
LeeTupper

Member #42

Apr 30, 2009 22:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ironic. I stay up to date on reading on here until a week ago, and then post the Geocities topic, only to see that two people, at least, have beaten me to the punch.

(I don't get why they say Geocities is better... It does give you more room, but those ads are so dang obnoxious that it really is fairly even...)

And the swine flu's more than just a little thing. It's mortality rate is gobs higher than the common flu. Massive wave of death? No. But it is exactly what people were talking about during the avian flu scare a few years ago. A hybrid strain between avian, swine, and human flus, with a considerable boost in punch.

It's not enough to really threaten us hale and hearty caucasians, but it could really annhilate those living on a shoestring budget in third world countries. Really, that's the big problem. If this thing gets loose, it'll kill those poor people in droves. If I'm not mistaken, like one in ten of the people that got it in Mexico died, and no Yanks have died yet. One in ten is a very high figure for a flu bug.
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 5, 2009 7:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'll continue my normal precaution against infectious disease...STAYING AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE! Also, since humans are the key to spreading H1N1, and it showed up in humans first, I propose it be called human flu. Furthermore, I suggest that Egypt start slaughtering the Egyptian humans rather than the pigs. For more pork related items, I suggest you also check out the Bacon Plasma Torch: http://www.popsci.com/bacon

* brings forth a Blaster on Dragon_Kirby with a BaconPlasmaTorch *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 5, 2009 7:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Who else here believes that Lugiatrainer is actually a pig wearing a human suit?

"I say I'm a million percent. That is better than one hundred percent." ~ "Macho Man" Randy Savage
Blade

Member #99

May 5, 2009 8:04

aye aye cap'n
  * uses QuakeTrigger on Lugiatrainer *

Plus you're legal now - MintMan
Sword
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

May 5, 2009 16:52
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hell, he's probably the real patient zero.
  * uses Affront on Lugiatrainer then washes his hands thoroughly *

MANGO!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

May 5, 2009 19:03

You don't suppose he's a Manbearpig, do you?* creates a CapnAmerica'sFluproofShield with an item *

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 5, 2009 21:09

The Cap's shield doesn't guard against any ailment. It only hits true. Gotta read up on your Marv', Boyo.

"My head is full of joy."
  - Dynamite of Russia, International Gladiators
Sword
Rook

Member #112

May 5, 2009 23:41
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It does stop adamantium claws, however.

That movie sucked, too...

"The very concept of fairness makes me laugh."
  -- A friend of mine from fencing class.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

May 5, 2009 23:55

Hey, if the shield can block a smashing blow from the Hulk, and have Cap still able to move just perfectly fine, of course it can take claws. Mind you, I don't think the paint job would, but that's just my opinion.
  How could the movie suck? I heard it played like a videogame! That's exactly what I want for a summer action flick? Or do you still think it's too early for "summer action flick?"

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 6, 2009 4:05
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Which movie would that be? Apparently hiding under a rock to keep the flu away has its disadvantages too.
  * class changes to Summoner *
MintMan

Member #1

May 6, 2009 8:27

I think it would be the Wolverine movie, which I have refused to even make a topic for denouncing for its complete and utter ruination of my favorite character of all time, Deadpool. Villains!

And stop using pointless FtRPG commands, youse guys! * brings forth an AntiPointlessPatrol on boyachi with a 2x4 for freakin' using a command with an ITEM! A freakin' ITEM! How crap-ass lazy can you be, you human-shaped sack of feces? *

"It says so in the Bible." ~ Booth
  "It does not." ~ Dr. Brennan
  "Then it was left out by mistake." ~ Booth, Bones
Sword
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

May 6, 2009 12:47

He could throw the shield at the viruses. That'd have to be interesting to see. * uses CupidsArrow on AntiPointlessPatrol because, well, arrows have points *

Penguin Power!
Sword
LeeTupper

Member #42

May 6, 2009 23:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

At least those fellows remember how to even do the FtRPG thing... I remember JUST enough to screw it up.

And they may have messed with Deadpool a considerable ammount, but I keep hearing that they're bringing him back on track for his own movie. If they succeed at that, they have my applause and admission fee. Think of this as "how he got scarred up crazy bonkers" and it's not nearly as wretched.

* fabricates a HopefulExcuse for Fox's idiocy *
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

May 6, 2009 23:43
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hopefully the swine flu that got into the US will kill all the border-hoppers. That ought to put our economy into a better place. The world is soon fixed economically, the end.

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.
Rook

Member #112

May 7, 2009 1:04
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On May 6, 2009 8:27, MintMan said:

I think it would be the Wolverine movie, which I have refused to even make a topic for denouncing for its complete and utter ruination of my favorite character of all time, Deadpool. Villains!

Thank you! The movie was ok. Heck, some parts I might even say were good. Then it got to the end, and I wanted to buy a ticket to Hollywood so I could punch Hugh Jackman in the crotch. I mean seriously. Deadpool is the "Merc with a Mouth." Heck, I could've put up with all the other crap they did to him if it wasn't for that...

Although, good ol' Wade Wilson was actually good when he was being played by Ryan Reynolds (except for the fact that he used the same motion to block bullets for the whole scene). It was actually a different actor that played Weapon XI, though.

And yeah, I heard there might be a Deadpool movie as well. I also heard it would be non-canon with Wolverine. Sure hope so...

"...allow me to hold your head under the putrescent waters of knowledge."
  --Yahtzee Croshaw, Zero Punctuation
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 7, 2009 17:03

It's not just a "yeah, the might", it's "They really, really want to do a Deadpool movie." That was the whole reason why he was less Deadpool and more Weapon XI in the Wolverine movie.

I've been blowing off the movie for the same reason Ems stated. When I heard that Deadpool was gonna be in it, that was the deal maker. Then, I heard he wasn't really Deadpool, so it turned into a breaker.

Joe Dunn said it best on the whole "quit your whining, comic geeks" angle of movie opinionation with reminding us that it was a Wolvie movie, not a Deadpool movie. And, he's right.

So, I'll go see the Deadpool movie when it comes out. Wolverine, maybe on video. No real rush.

It puts peaches on your pizza!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

May 8, 2009 21:28

I would like to thank Marvel Ultimate Alliance for referring me to Deadpool. There is a good part of Deadpool being in the Wolverine origins movie: they made comic book versions of all the main characters which includes, you guessed it, a comic book dead pool action figure.
  Sadly, it doesn't come with the sheep cannon as did the custom one I found first online, but he is still pretty armed to the teeth. I currently have mine leaning against the wall like he is propositioning Black Widow.
  As a tangent to Ems: I made Brandish in an attempt to be able to make an item and then wield it and shield it at the same time. (Forge,wield,shield,Construct for clarification to moreso the others who haven't looked to see what it does than you) Instead it seems to wish to wield and shield the void instead of the item I wish to forge. Or at the very least, that is how the text seems to represent it. * creates an Imissmyfloateethistechate with a CapnAmerica'sFluproofShield to demonstrate the oddity *
  Anyone else having a hard time getting the new DP comics, I'm still missing issue six, and I've been searching for it since ish 8 came out!
  But yea, I prefer Wolverine to be my summer action flick, as supposed to Star Trek. I heard Star Trek be called "this year's Iron Man". Seriously, the Star Trek I knew, had it's action, but it wasn't an action film. The Star Trek I would not put the Star Trek Generations movie in the play pin with the Iron Man movie. IM would want to play tag, whilst Star Trek would rather sit in the corner reading a rather engaging book.
  And why does the senior crew look like they are all the age of Wesley Crusher (first season)? I mean, at least make Kirk look old enough to run the ship. Spock gets a free ride from this ONLY because he's vulcan...wonder what the Klingons will look like, perhaps I will want to cry.

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 9, 2009 14:15

You won't see the Klingons. They were cut from the final version.
  Also, there's a tech just screaming to be created, and its name should be obvious: Earth+Fire+Wind+Water+Spirit+Summon
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 16, 2024 12:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022