Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 11:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Big Bang

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Blade

Member #99

Apr 3, 2009 18:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The Big Bang Theory.... you guys seen it? I'm watching season 2 at the moment... it's freakin' hilarious! Camo Smile

Got Pr0n?
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 3, 2009 19:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No. It is not. It is the freakin' worst show in the history of creation. It is the dregs of the sitcoms that my parents watch, so that's gotta give you some idea of how bad it is.

It is a show about nerds, but not real nerds. It is nerds as the least informed non-nerds think nerds act. They'll say big words that not even the most pretentious jackass would use, and queue the canned laughter~!

Not amused. * uses Curse on Blade for reasons he should already know *

"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise." ~ Rorschach, Watchmen
Sword
Blade

Member #99

Apr 4, 2009 4:39

That's just it, it's so bad its good.
  * uses QuakeTrigger on MintMan *

Got Pr0n?
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 4, 2009 10:13

I've only watched the show when I get back from work late and nothing else is on TV. Can't eat with no tube goin'.

I'm in the same, "What the hell?" boat. An early episode had a character dressing as Thor, the Norse god not the comic book character, but still had blond hair. Even the lackluster Wikipedia starts off Thor's entry with "A red haired god". It's, like, his biggest trait. And Sheldon has a MySpace account? How would a nerd survive on that dreg hole?

Then, there's like a complete character metamorphosis in the "Does he seriously think he has a chance?" girl. She use to be an oblivious ditsy type, but, apparently in the second season, she turned into the calloused straight-woman.

Of course, I may just be bitter against it since my parents see a lot of Sheldon in me, which is so far off base it couldn't be a more ridiculous comparison. Oo, watch out! I use facts to support my cause in an argument. I'm just like that bastardization.

Also, it has that tired "care about these fake people even though its a comedy" syndrome between the less geeky and the dame. Comedies shouldn't have caring in them. It should just be laughs. When Two and a Half men does a better job at being a comedy, you know you have some holes in your program.

It puts peaches on your pizza!
Camo

Member #5

Apr 23, 2009 3:42
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Three's company is the funniest show ever.

The most erotic rock band ever:EROTIC CREMATION

Returning soon? Beerpending
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 25, 2009 18:19

I think what got me is the fact that I know most of what they talk about and have heard of all of it. Shouldn't nerdom have something new for me?
  Ok, I take that back, I don't know Klingon. I've more than heard about it, though.
  Otherwise, the whole 'I seem to know every "nerd joke" they tell made me question the show and myself. I mean, sure I AM on this forum, but all the myspace quizzes I took always labelled me as a goth.
  If I can't trust multiple myspace quizzes as a key to my own identity, I don't truly know myself, hence I must conclude that I agree with you, Mints, the nerds on the show are not actual nerd but pop-nerds. *great in soda or your toaster, they're Pop-Nerds!*
  Let's even assume, heaven's forbid, that I can't take an online quiz result as Absolute Truth and I am a true Nerd's Nerd, half of my friends on myspace I friended because they friended me, or I haven't talked to in over a year. My point being, nerds aren't popular, so the term Pop-nerd clearly defeats itself.

...I think I need to brush my teeth.

Mintman: god of web -Mai
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 11:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022