Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 13:32 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Watchmen Movie

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Afiag

Member #242

Mar 12, 2009 15:10
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Seen it yet? Discuss!

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Mar 12, 2009 18:43
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Good movie. Nice intro. Lotsa blue penis.
  * creates a GiantSquid *

COOKIE!

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 13, 2009 7:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah, glowing genitalia. Ya don't want to acknowledge it, but there it be. Frankly, I feel that all the obscure frontal shots of Jon total were less disturbing than the one shot of Nite Owl's flabby ass. Good think I didn't see it in IMAX. Yeesh!

I find it interesting how the film got so much right and wrong at the same time. I believe it was best said that, yes, the movie is great. Everyone should see it (except for those eight year olds who were in the theater with obviously bad, ignorant, or uncaring parents). Still, there's many a brow to be raised to how rushed the end half of the movie became.

There's just too much plot in the gra'vels, even to squeeze in two hours.

"Hey, we're the pure unblemished souls of chicken! Recognize!"
  - Eggs, speaking to Tatsuya Ishida
Afiag

Member #242

Mar 13, 2009 13:10
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It did get kinda rushed towards the end, but I'm sure it had to do with the fact that they changed it to do without the mind-explosion creature [cough*alien*cough]. They probably figured that if they left it in, they'd have to explain about the missing artists/writers and crap, which would somewhat lead to leaving in 'The tales of the Black Freighter.' But I'm pretty sure they could leave the fake alien in with the simple explanation of 'Veidt had it specially created.'

It was pretty good though. And Rorschach will always be my favorite character.

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 14, 2009 15:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And why the blutty 'el wasn't this the icon used for this topic?

Squid coulda been included as more than just a vague reference just as easily as the route they went, in my opinion. They still had a team of scientists killed, they still had a flabby ass-load of CGI, and even if the leading explanation scenes were needed, they still weren't much in the comic, either. I don't think two or three minutes would have done more than a bucket in the ocean to the feature's time.

Of course, the reason they went without squid was stupid movie going public. They laid a lot more on the line in plain English which was just easily inferred in the graphic novel. The Comedian was what? Embarrassed Gotta make sure all the little kiddies get it. After all, R-rated movies were made for them... apparently.

Also, funny Watchmen linkage, in case you missed it~!

Comic Book Club - Exclusive Watchmen Review - These guys are * groan * on youtube because their former gig was getting too commercial. This is prolly the kind of stuff the suits weren't happy with. Y'know, funny stuff.
  Saturday Morning Watchmen on Newgrounds - Quite possibly my new favorite thing ever.

Still, the Watchmen movie rocked. Can't wait for the super ultimate edition DVD to come out with Black Freighter interspliced and a run-time of, like, a day.

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon." ~ Rorschach

[Edited by MintMan on Mar 14, 2009 16:45]
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 25, 2009 23:43

I gotta say, I hate the guy that made that flash... that song has been stuck in my head, amazingly around 1pm every weekday I'm at work.
  Edit: Yes, I have a reason to hate the creator. Up until seeing said creation, I never EVER felt guilty having watched the original TMNT cartoon. After the flash ended, the thought of "why wouldn't you get up and watch the news instead, maybe you'd be successful by now" popped into my head. I've contemplated crying myself to sleep every night since then. Oh Leo, why must my love for you feel so wrong?
  ...don't read into that all...

"To Hell: On Purpose" - MintMan

[Edited by boyachi on Mar 25, 2009 23:53]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 26, 2009 18:20

Pfft! How will the news make one successful in life. "I know that more people died tragically than you. I'm better prepared for life." The news is a wasteful, empty slot of time. Frankly, watching even the poorest levels of cartoons is more productive. At least they have a moral and/or entertainment value.

For example, Watchmen itself. It has a valuable lesson to the world: everything sucks. That's the moral, right? Maybe it's that heroes have crappy lives, too? I dunno. I read into these things poorly.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' and I'll look down, and whisper, 'no.'"
  - Rorschach's Journal, October 12th, 1985. Watchmen
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Mar 27, 2009 16:08
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

'The more Nixon is elected, the worse the world gets.'
  'Aryan ubermensch are actually light-skinned Egyptians'
  'Don't smoke, you might set a subway on fire.'
  'Fragrance adverts contain subtle hints to the future.'

* mutates a BlackFreighter with a GiantSquid *

COOKIE!

Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Mar 28, 2009 15:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, Gobbo, if boyachi had paid attention to the financial news, he could have been a great success as an investment banker! Oh, wait...

* uses Range pointlessly *
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Oct 26, 2009 1:57
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I never read the comics, played the xbox live demo and thought it was s***, rented it over the recent rainy weekend, and quite enjoyed this movie.
  I'm guessing I saw the super edition, went for about 2 and a half hours which really upset the missus as she wanted to watch Hanah Montana, but was well worth it.

Why'd Roaringshark 'splode?

Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile UPSIDE DOWN SMILEY Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile
   Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile !FOREVER! Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile

Camo Smile
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 29, 2009 19:24

Oh that's simple, because he was next to a doctor man-hatting.
  We RElders all know from the elite section that man-hatting is a dangerous deed, indeed!
  Please don't punch me.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 13:32 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022