Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 11:48 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Street Fighter IV

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 27, 2009 21:58
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So Capcom has finally made the fourth installment of Street Fighter. They've made 9 Megaman games (19 or about if you count the X series, and battle network, and Zero Saga) and Already created Devil May Cry 4 last year, and the first one came out in...99?
  The graphics look artsy, the gameplay is still for a 2D fighter (Let's face it, when Gamestop doesn't even mention EX in character profiles, it's rather obvious 3D and SF don't mix, so we'll play pretend)(by the way I called that it was a 2D fighter back when the first teaser came out because I watched their feet, but enough bragging from me) and we've got a character line up I'm not quite happy with.
  Who else thinks it's high time considering 20 years? Is there anyone here who actually did play the first Street Fighter (and not the one that had blood and looked just like SFII, the old old one)?
  Anyone going to get the game?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Camo

Member #5

Jan 30, 2009 1:07
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think I played SF1 and didn't really like it, I've played a fair few versions of Streetfighter 2 (original, turbo, new challengers, Alpha etc) had SF3 on Xbox and it was pretty good, Got both SF2 that's on 360 and I'd say SF4 will eventually make its way into my collection, haven't looked into it yet though.

The greatest wrap band ever: Tequila Bacardi Wrappers

beer
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 2, 2009 21:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hated!

Yeah, I don't even have a system that can play SFIV. Did enjoy hearing "Epic" in the commercials for it, tho'. Dunno if you should feel so smart about figuring out it was 2D. I'm pretty sure the game was actually pushed that way. And, y'know, the scenery had two dimensions of movement, so...

I think I played the first Street Fighter at the arcade, which alone tells you how long ago that was. It wasn't even a fighting game, per se. Of course, this really isn't even the fourth considering just how many twos there were.
  I'm just glad that they are incrementing instead of making some additional threes or the like. Heck, maybe they'll start getting into fractional numbers. Who here doesn't want to play Street Fighter 3.450423?

"I sentence you to life!"
  "You moron, I'm already alive." ~ Homer Simpson
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 5, 2009 6:40

Oh, but you see there was Street Fighter III Double Strike and Street Fighter III Third Impact... not sure how they differed but I imagine it was like the difference between Championship and Turbo.
  Oh to the good old days when Ryu wore shoes...come to think of it, one of those versions, Ingrid (aka a little girl whose body Bison wanted to use as a spare since he dies in just about every game) was introduced to the roster.

As for the decimals, gamers are already doing this, and not just online. The most current Halo 2 is 1.1 (to my knowledge, not 1.0 doubt it's higher) and Orange box players got all the way up to Half Life 2.2 . If we back away from console games and start looking at expansion packs...that's a big number. Any that are literally referred to rational non-integer numbers right on the title and not the version screen have slipped my notice thus far, but version screens obviously haven't.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 11:48 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022