Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 15:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Mafia...The Game

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 24, 2008 24:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have to say, using wiki to do research on this was rather, overkill. I mean Rambo? Batman? Werewolves?(ok the last one makes slight sense) I do like the idea of the psychopath, but although the village idiot seems to be a fun role, I don't see what point it would actually serve towards the actual game. *I wasn't self implicating ANYTHING*
  * uses Universal because there wasn't a Cap'n Planet role when there was a Rambo role *

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Sword
Skulkraken

Member #128

Dec 27, 2008 16:19
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So...

Are we going to be doing this?

If there's not enough people on hand for a full-fledged game here, we could always just join someone else's game.

http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showtopic=1732328

^-- The place where I've been playing Mafia is actually starting up a new round right now. You could join me in this Cold War themed game. Who knows, you might just get an idea for use in REWS. Tongue
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 27, 2008 22:47
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

But half the point was that we'd have fun using FtRPG. Which is only here.

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 28, 2008 1:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"Half the point" although most seemed less than enthused about the idea.

Moreover, "most" refers to those few who have spoken up here. Rule of thumb on the internet is to half the number of those who have shown interest, and that is the number -- patrons and walk-ins -- that may come to the show.
  It doesn't matter how much someone says "No ways, mans. I'm def gonna duz it~!" 'cause people are jackasses. All of them. Or at least half of them, thus the 50% rule.

And why exactly Skulkrack is hocking a game at another forum to which people may not, probably do not, and should not belong? Megatokyo? Really? The internet vomit of fake anime and no-longer-being-funny? For shame...

And ideas for the REWS? There are ideas for the REWS. They are already in it. And there are heaps more, too, that never get written 'cause they would go about as far as the ideas that are already there -- no where. We don't need any more friggin' ideas for the REWS; we need half-decent (or at least half-active) authors.

Merry f***in' Christmas!

"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise." ~ Rorschach, Watchmen
Skulkraken

Member #128

Dec 28, 2008 4:11
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hehe. Tongue

I guess this idea was just doomed to fail, then. Oh well.

* plants a virtual PostChristmas tree *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 28, 2008 14:01

Not doomed to fail, no. On RE, tho', the chances were more than likely. Unless a new record was set for the smallest mafia game ever...

"Well, I'm not in the mafia, so that other guy must be!"
Skulkraken

Member #128

Dec 28, 2008 16:39

Maybe we could take a cue from PC games and add in bots to act as cannon fodder/role fillers?

boyachi

Member #92

Dec 29, 2008 6:42

Nah, you see, the way to get this to work is by utilizing a method as a group with the system that is around us. Not unlike the history behind the game's name, mafias are not always welcome, which is why we the people who wish to play should come up with the basic rules for this forum, write up a faq and then get a sign up. After that, we'd have...the game start, which would be the third thread(or would it be more efficent if it went 1 thread per game day? I've never actually played or watched the game, only heard of it and table rules)

Question to anyone who has actually played online, how are the nights played out? I feel like if we can get the answer in the bag, we'd have no trouble starting. (If sloth is not factored, of course)

The point of my post is, Mints doesn't seem to want to play (just yet perhaps), so if we, the members of Ref, actually step up and do something for ourselves, maybe he'd be so shocked that he'd actually let it live to see it's first round, even if forum apathy swallows it whole in the middle of its birth, at least he'd have the proof to say "I told you so."

Soooooo, Think Tank!

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 29, 2008 10:35

If rules were made, I'd freakin' make 'em since the thing would be hard-coded into the forum itself anyway. Without a private message system in these forums (and for good, reason, I might add), it is the only way 90% of the stuff could be done. Most of the other ten would be done a lot better through it, anyway. Who wants to freakin' count single-line posts of public votes when they can be done automatically?
  And I sure as Hel ain't gonna half multiple junk posts of crap spamming up these forums, either. It is either done right or not done at all. Why would a low-level no-frills forum game be at the forum of a coding and gaming web site when it could more easily be implemented with said coding and gaming?

Remember that I said I was behind this thing, Boyo; it just doesn't seem enough others are.

There are no walk-ins or miracle surges of traffic 'round these parts, so all the stink you'd cause trying to get a game up would only be that -- and an aggravating one. There will be no "I told you so" as the forums haven't actually seen enough unique hits in the last month to support a game. Average day sees about forty unique visitors to the forum, so after you take out bots and unregistrees and the rest that just don't give half a crap and people who won't give half a crap, it is just quite impossible.

'Tis forsooth deviltry!
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 29, 2008 20:44
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

< fail> So unless we had twice as many people as the minimum ought to be, it's a waste of time to even figure out how the system would work, let alone waste time on building it. And we rarely get new members, let alone unique hits.. Not that new members don't get frightened off anyways. And I think we've already tried to encourage each other to find non-imbeciles to bring here. < /fail>

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 29, 2008 22:07

No, new members aren't frightened off; idiot ones are. Since at least 90% of the internet is idiots, it can certainly seem that way. I've been 'round this big ol' internet of ours, and I am finding out that RE is actually kind compared to the ban-happy ways of other sites, who pretty much quash anything that is different from themselves and currently established order.
  I just hates the spams, wastes o' times, and blokes who would rather ask a question in a forum than look through an FAQ to save... time?

And no, I don't think "we" have tried to find non-imbeciles to bring here. From what I understand about RE culture, most people try to keep their visitation of this place a dirty little secret and tell no one else of its existence. This isn't exactly the sort of place you would forward to a friend titled "lol"; there is no immediate satisfaction that those sort of link-whores are lookin' fer, anyways.

'Tis forsooth deviltry!
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 30, 2008 24:36

I will cave to your logic about the game, how ever I will point out that while not only is a link to your site on my site's front page (twice if you count my poor neglected *read as: my own fault of late* BD monster) but your page is also my homepage...and also possibly on my myspace, but considering Myspace has marked all links to my new site as spam, this may not be the case.
  The friends that I can poke the flesh of know that I go to this * creates a Squirrel with a loincloth *

Mintman: god of web -Mai
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 15:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022