Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 18:13 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Where has Mints been?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 21, 2008 15:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The real question is where have you been?... jerks.

Simple answer: listening to metal. Also, programming a lot.

Big problem is that, due to inactive visitors such as all y'all, I've been forced into expanding operation. I've known the old browser-based game approach wouldn't work again, so I've really been ramping up my compiled games. Namely, applets and a downloadable MOG.

Yeah, a MOG -- a multiplayer online game. I don't think it qualifies as "massive" since it is running off of my lone Celeron sittin' in my apartment. Originally, it was just supposed to be a proof-of-concept, but now the aptly titled LARE (Live-Action Reality's End) is actually gettin' places -- places where no one will like it.
  See, it is a throwback to Nintendo platformers. Yeah, you run around the place and shoot stuff... in two dimensions. Not exactly the norm for multiplayer fare, but then again, what do I make that is a norm? What'd be the point in vomiting out yet another RPG with scantily clad lady-types? Just give me the lady-types~!

This code is actually about a year old, but as things often go for me, it was shelved against my will when I lost and was unable to procure a DirectX library for quite some time. Before any idiot flies by for their semi-yearly visit and says "But you can just get that from Microsoft's web site I know that because I'm a programmer despite never actually making a blutty thing in my life", (You guys say "blutty", right?), I know. I'm not an idiot. Why is it everyone always assumes I am despite clearly demonstrated competence in the field?
  .NET ate it. That was the problem, and yet another reason I hate .NET. Why I needed .NET installed on my computer to get a DirectX library, I know not, and things only got worse from there.

This also opens up the possibility of making a non-centralized, downloadable game, but I really can't think of much I would like to make in the ways of versus/cooperative play. I even have the peer-to-peer code already made, just without a game inserted into it. (It was revenge coding -- the best kind!) I could make Arena Terrae how it was supposed to be played, but, of course, since it still requires creativity in making your golems, it would surely still be hated, which was always its main problem anyway.

Then, there's that Java applet I've been working on under about ten different faces. Its newest incarnation, a Kirby's Dream Land fan game, was raring to go until I got my DirectX fixed. I'm having trouble determining which game exactly will generate more units of hate and apathy, and I keep switching between work on the two. Still only needs graphics, for the most part, which of course means I start thinkin' "What else could I be working on?"

Speaking of Kirby, you also probably don't know that I've been a secret staff member over at Kirby's Rainbow Resort since the summer. How do you be secret staff, you may ask? I don't know. Apparently, you do work, and no one questions why things are getting fixed. I don't mind, tho', and I've even worked it into my gimmick.
  It should be noted that those in charge of the place could be described as being less active than RE members.

Yeah, it is that bad.

Fixin' stuff wouldn't take all of my time, however. Remaking every, on the other hand, is proving to be rather time-consuming. Gobbs has said that the place should be burned to the ground, and I concur. However, it has too much data spread illogically throughout its immense expanse, so I'm using all my programmer know-how to undo the damage their programming know-nots have wrought over the past decade.
  Seriously, people used a browser's "Save As" command instead of FTP to get pages. There were places where the advertisement code appears three times in succession since the server kept stickin' more in.

And it is the Rainbow Resort that has been eating up most of this month, and it shall prolly continue into the dawn of the next. Hopefully, some good will come out of this, but more likely, people will just complain. Idiots People are funny like that.

"Sorry, I think gold is gay. Both start with a G, so the connection is undeniable." ~ Neil McGilloway
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Oct 21, 2008 17:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've been here. 8D I just don't have anything to say to you crazy peoples.

... programming is evil.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 21, 2008 17:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I like how this means nothing to so many people.
  That being, probably, anyone who reads it?

It could probably be taken that I already knew most of this. Hell, I'm the one who lassoed Ems into RR from RE. I think it was so he could spite people. Let that be the lesson of the day: if you want Ems to do something, make the outcome hate related. I once got twenty bucks that way. I can't remember quite how. Something about paying being a method of loathing. He'll buy anything.

Anyhoo, what Ems failed to mention is that he recently underwent a surgery to become a brain and a foot in a jar of pickles. It wasn't necessary, but he did plan to take over the world, and that always goes better when you are a brain in a vat of somethin'.

My sig bought Camo a beer.
Skulkraken

Member #128

Oct 22, 2008 3:19
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"It should be noted that those in charge of the place could be described as being less active than RE members."

...I feel compelled to see this...this...thing...yes...and see for myself who these people are and how they could possibly be more inactive than RE members.

[Edited by Skulkraken on Oct 22, 2008 3:20]
Afiag

Member #242

Oct 22, 2008 11:41
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Oct 21, 2008 17:20, MadGoblin said:

... a brain and a foot in a jar of pickles. It wasn't necessary, but he did plan to take over the world, and that always goes better when you are a brain in a vat of somethin'.

But what is the foot for?

And of course operatic/symphonic metal is the awesomest thing ever. 'Cept for maybe operatic/symphonic techno/electronica. Laughing

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

[Edited by Afiag on Oct 22, 2008 11:45]
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Oct 22, 2008 14:17
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...Surely being less active would involve some sort of...negative activity? * uses Sloth on Skulkraken * Not only do they not contribute to or engage the site in any way, but they passively absorb the content, reducing the entropy of the system in a manner contrary to all known laws of Web thermodynamics...

Penguin Power!
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 23, 2008 8:26

DK is, unfortunately, correct. The staff is actually harmful and detriment to the site as a whole.

For example, an old staffer came by and, since he is an annoying teenage, decided to see if he could crack into the site using a laundry list of techniques available on the web. The place did use packaged software, after all, so if they had an old version of anything, a hole most likely existed.

And crack he did! The bugger was able to make himself admin of the forums and even their CuteNews -- not their Coppermine gallery, try as he might, despite it being old, too.
  What did the staff do?

Get rid of the Coppermine gallery, of course -- something which I had spent quite a bit of time fixing. Thing is, the crew at that place live solely in the forums and that chat. Of course they aren't going to do anything about the message board -- even if it was vulnerable. And none of them used the gallery, so what did they care?

Funny thing is, the gallery was uncrackable since the guy didn't know which account to hack into; everyone he thought was an admin there wasn't. Who does control the place, then?
  You guess it, Gobbs and I -- the blokes that don't exist!

Brain-and-foot-in-a-jar, out.

"When no one was looking, Luthor took forty cakes. He took 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible." ~ DC's The Super Dictionary
Camo

Member #5

Oct 23, 2008 16:26
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm here, but as usual I only read about a few words, see if any big words are used, then I dribble.

I got gold at a karate tournament on Sunday for my kata. Didn't upload any kumite they as I came second, and second is not winning, it's like being the best loser! Plus my mate only recorded the bout where I lost.

I'm going to be drinking lots of beers tonight, dressing up as a Rubix Cube then dancing to the Porkers and then I might give one lucky lady the best night of her life.

Untill next time there's a thread I do not read but is updated, drink on champions, drink on Smile

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer

EDITOROOO: Cause I friggin' can, and I didn't close tags and would have made the rest of the internets link to youtube.

[Edited by Camo on Oct 23, 2008 16:28]
Battalon127

Member #25

Oct 24, 2008 24:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I find it interesting that all of the Related Videos to that clip have "Erotic" in their titles. Particularly Zelda - The French Erotic Film (with Subtitles).

Now, to stay on topic, KRR seems to be some sort of sociological experiment: set up a civilization, guide it along up to a point, then completely abandon it and watch it tear itself apart. Actually, that sounds like most sim games I've played.

""~Camo

Edit- Wow that not closing tags thing is contagious.

[Edited by Battalon127 on Oct 24, 2008 24:07]
VinnyD

Member #9

Oct 24, 2008 24:11
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I check pretty often, not as much as I used to. I'm still working on becoming the strongest nerd ever, much like McBain in his hit movie. I also might actually be getting the punk band that I have claimed to be in for years together, for real, not just to impress ladies (however imaginary they might be)...

Also hurry up and release a multiplayer platformer. That's sweet and it being not out sucks. Camo is a karate guy with beers. KK's post reminded me of the sensational alex harvey band's song man in the jar. I'm too lazy to link so go watch it yourself on youtube.

Metal is okay, if you don't have punk. Porkers are good. Whatevs.

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 24, 2008 24:14

As you can tell, I'm rushing as fast as I can. Minion

My guess is Camo's band, Erotic Cremation, caused all of those videos to come up. Of course, I don't remember seeing mention of his band's name anywhere.

Maybe it is because YouTube is part of the internet, and that thing is full of erotica.

... I'll take two.

The thing is, KRR isn't abandoned, unlike HTML tags in this thread which are started and then never completed. Y'see, there is still plenty of care about the site -- just not the actual site-site.
  The highest of the high (not Camo Camo Smile ) are not there anymore, but the staff is quite active in doing what idiot teenagers do best -- create drama, copy pasta internet memes, and needlessly praise everyone's lack of humor.

Imagine a population of 50% Crazy Mai, and even the non-crazy people defended them. Of course, by that definition, could they really be considered non-crazy?

It is like a sea of emo tears and males who prefer to be referred to by the feminine pronoun. (They won't heed my pleas to call me King of France. I'm not, but neither is he -- what's the difference?)
  Oh, and staffers that suddenly declare themself lord and master of the entire site for no good reason. That was a good one, too.

And no, I don't partake in this madness; I just drop by routinely to see if anyone has broken anything, 'cause Lord knows none of the staff there'll fix it.

"Damn you, sexy fairer sex!" ~ MadGoblin
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Oct 24, 2008 11:50
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Oct 24, 2008 24:00, Battalon127 said:

Zelda - The French Erotic Film (with Subtitles).

A total rip-off, for the record. * throws a TheRecord at Skulkraken *

Penguin Power!
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 18:13 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022