Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 20:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Choose Your Destiny....

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Blade

Member #99

Jul 28, 2008 7:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe....

Thoughts?

Got Pr0n?
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 28, 2008 10:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As non-sensical as fighting games typically are, this mash-up makes even less sense than usual. Then again, comics have always indulged in random cross-overs (anyone ever hear of the X-Men/Star Trek one? Saw it in a bookstore once and just laughed like hell for about five minutes).

Course, the weirdness of it doesn't really matter if the combat system is well done and the characters are well designed and balanced. That's pretty much all that concerns me in a fighting game, really. If it just comes down to stale button-mashing, I don't care if I can play as Batman or Sub-Zero, it'll still be boring.

How ironic. He's blind after a lifetime of enjoying being able to see. ~Homer Simpson
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 28, 2008 16:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

MK vs DCU makes perfect sense. That is, if Crisis on Infinite Earths made any sense to you, then why not this, too? Mortal Kombat has that whole multiple worlds scheme going for it, too!

The last MK title I played (Deadly Alliance) was pretty spiffy. Much more cerebral than other fighting games with the addition of fighting styles and high-offense, low-defense weaponry. Combos still existed (something I hate in fightings as they perpetuate button-mashing) but for the most part were relegated to low in number, often being the same button pressed in rapid succession.

I wonder if the DC/MK will use the new tradition of weapons. More importantly, will it use the old MK tradition of Fatalities? Rip out Super Man's spine? I'd imagine DC would have a problem with that, just as much as they would probably frown upon Batman eviscerating people!

I still want to see the Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat crossover more, but I'll take this what with being a nerd and all.

"First and foremost, I am evil. And not 'movie evil' wherein there is a shred of likeability to me, but the unadulterated kind. But in all fairness, I do secretly have the heart of a good man. It's shrink wrapped in my freezer....but there incase the situation merits its use. Can I be ambivalent at times? Well, yes and no." ~ Sean Carless
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 28, 2008 16:35

Batman's fatality is a gun! Bang, bang!

I dunno. I think the game seems pretty cool. Of course, I haven't really gotten into any fighting game since they went 3-D. Well, outside of Robo Pit, which really barely counts in the who equation.

Seriously, tho', are they having fatalities? I'd think not for the reasons that Ems already made known. Not too fitting.

"I don't want to imagine myself with stripper blotches."
  - Quoted: Me. Context: Not needed.
Blade

Member #99

Jul 29, 2008 5:21

I believe I saw a video of Scorpion Going demon-skull and fire blasting Superman to oblivion...... Big Smile

Got Pr0n?
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Aug 8, 2008 18:35
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I suppose Batman has to put them in Arkham Asylum or something?

MANGO!
Camo

Member #5

Aug 21, 2008 7:43
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'd go the kryptonitality.

Piss.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 20:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022