Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 21:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Layout problem

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Zedd

Member #76

Feb 28, 2008 2:09
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OK, I just came by using IE (which I don't often do), and found that the layout of the main page is a bit screwed up. Each of the boxes for the in-site 'advertisements' and for the updates are stretched to the full screen-width, with the ads first and the updates under them. Is that me, or an actual problem?

"...Gotta get rid of that freaky 80's punk hair, though..." Blade, re. Falken.
Blade

Member #99

Feb 28, 2008 2:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

get firefox Big Smile

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the gameboy I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may gale,
  But my battery is yet to fail.
  So in a dank corner I will lie,
  And watch the hours go sailing by.
  And while I lie in this nintendo-induced trance,
  I decide I'll give Pokemon Crystal a chance.
  --my random quotation exploitation

Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 28, 2008 10:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Or Opera. Or SeaMonkey. Or one of the abundance of custom browsers out there. Firefox isn't the only (or even necessarily the best) alternative out there, Blade. But more importantly, was the line "(which I don't often do)" which seems to imply that Zeddly already employs an alternate browser but for a reason he didn't feel necessary to mention, needed to use IE instead. Being a college student, labs and public access computers come to mind.

That said, I can see what Zedd's saying. IE seems to take issue with the columns on the main page. It spit out a slew of identical errors at me, too, but I didn't feel like debugging them. That's the webmaster's job. Tongue

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 28, 2008 11:21
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, wanna hear what the problem was? A comma. A freakin' comma!

See, in every programming language known to man, when you make a list, you separate it with commas. If you are defining the elements across multiple lines, a comma typically goes at the end of a line. To make life easier for everyone, a comma can even go at the end of the list with no element after it just to keep up appearances.

Of course, IE's JScript is a giant sack of crap.

I put up a script to generate the news boxes at the side, and for some reason, JScript was interpeting ", ]" as an element. How it managed to do that I do not know. There wasn't a null or anything there, so it should have been like FireMonkey and just ignored it.
  It didn't... 'cause it sucks.

I rarely open IE anymore, and it seems whenever I do, I usually find something broken someplace on the side. Good eye, Zeddly. * gives Zedd a virtual Pie *

Avoid, if at all possible. ~ Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on the subject of Love
Zedd

Member #76

Mar 1, 2008 21:00
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

w00t, pie. And yeah, I use whatever browser I can get my hands on on whatever computer I happen to be using. This one happened to be IE.

Release that which was never caged.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 21:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022