Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 11:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Oh, look. Yet another nostalgic post by someone who left...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Ice

Member #46

Sep 18, 2007 10:01
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...for a very long time.

I can't remember if these are appreciated or not, though I'm sure it'll be deleted if it's not. I was talking to a friend yesterday, and somehow the topic of the Welsh Language came up. He wrote a few Welsh sentences, and I commented that they certainly liked the Y's and W's, which I was informed were actually vowels. This somehow reminded me of the Cwn Annwn of the old Battling Dragons. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember what this site was called, nor what the actual name of Battling Dragons was (kinda sad, really).

Then a little later on, I somehow stumbled across Meowth346's old Pokemon Forever site, which he had turned into nothing more than a personal blog. Skip through about 2 hours, and I'd read all of that because I was bored, and even found an old "Pokemon Forever Memorial Post" sometime back in July, where he invited anyone who still remembered him and/or spoke to him back in the day to contact him at his current email address.

Skip forward about a day, and I finally remembered that Zaheera was the name of the other R.E. League gym that I had coordinated in combination with my own, and I surprisingly still had her screen name on MSN Messenger, and thus was able to find this site.

Sadly, this post has no real purpose, as it is highly unlikely that I'll find myself making a glorious comeback into, well, anything here, but I'll likely keep the tab of the forum here open for a week or so, and I may move my REL gym onto my personal server so that it isn't dead, on the off chance that someone actually still plays that. Anyhow, it was good seeing a bit of a blast from the past here. Feel free to use the rest of this post to reminisce, tell me to bugger off, or let me know if there's anything of interest, well, anywhere.

Shame Ethereal Enterprises died forever ago.
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 18, 2007 13:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I find it interesting that you could remember the name of the Cwn Annwn but none of the names involved in the site which hosted it, which are all English words.

That is a crazy chain of events that led you back here -- and none of them turned into hate sites against me, which is a bit surprising with my track record. Guess that's also good to know.

Surprisingly, people still do play the RE League, and perhaps would play your gym, too. Ol' Gobbs still apparently gets a bulk of hits in the Venom Forest even to this day. Yeah, I'm surprised to. Considering it was the first JScript venture I ever undertook and I really never updated the code, it has got quite a run.

What's really sad is that your BD account shows activity as recently as last year! I know you haven't "been here" in longer, but that spike seems rather odd to me.

And I can't say "welcome back" because you're leaving again, so... * uses WelcomeGone on Ice *

"The best thing is not to be born. But who is as lucky as that? To whom does it happen? Not to one among millions and millions of people." ~ Brother Theodore
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 18, 2007 15:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That really is a wacky chain of events that let to RE's rediscovery. That seems to be the only means what which it is happened upon again. Why, it can never be as simple as, say, the URL or name-o-the-site. That'd be too easy. They all tend to be grand ventures that take to the far away catacombs of some Mayan ruins for deciphered code. That's the only way they are fun.

And, apparently, Cwnny is one of the bigger blokes with tons of 'net hits, so unlike a lot of other RE staples, a Google doesn't pull up RE in the first two pages, even. Stupid band using that name. I guess you're off the hook this time, Ice, but if it happens again, then bammo! This happens! * uses GobboRay on Ice as a demonstration * Oh... well, I guess that shows you what happens, so you better be learned of it, then, next time.

Or, something, I'm not really sure. ... Ems pretty much stole everything I was gonna say, so I had to think of other things to say. Dang zucchini break takin' up my morning. I shoulda used that beam on its deliciousness, really, if it was FtRPG targetable...

"Last year, he pulled a hat out of a rabbit."
  "Don't you mean..."
  "No, I said that right."
  - Marni & Nate, Committed
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Sep 20, 2007 20:35
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I think I remembered the Cwn Annwn primarily because, as an English speaker, using a W as a vowel is so confusing that I remembered it.

If I ever get around to finishing up this breeding problem I'm trying to solve for the newest generation of Pokemon games, I'll look into my archives and see if I can even find my old gym, and update it to my new server. It really is nice running your own server, too.

°(~.~)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2006
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Sep 21, 2007 15:44
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I agree, I definitely remember Cwn Annwn, most likely because when I was really young I read or heard somewhere that w could, however rarely, be used as a vowel but I had no idea how to go about finding such a word besides reading the dictionary (never made it past an-, else I would've found 'cwm'), so I went many years without knowing if it was true, or, for that matter, if I'd actually read it...

* fabricates a LifeStory *

COOKIE!

Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 24, 2007 21:03
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm still here all the time, but I don't post cause I usually don't have anything to say in topics.

But in this topic I do have something to say. The band cwn annwn looks like it sucks. Three of their songs have (remix) on them, a sure sign of something terrible. One of their songs is called Lord of All Vipers, how gay is that. And one of the guys in the band has a really long face, which looks kind of slanted, so he's basically a parallelogram head.

Anyway, yeah pokemon and dragons etc.

Ice

Member #46

Sep 24, 2007 23:09

Looking around again, I noticed that despite having been a member of here since forever, I'm apparently still not elite enough to get into the elite forum. I doubt you'll actually bother adding me, since there's a very small likelihood that I'll actually stay and use it, but since I'm here now, I'm gonna ask for one anyways.

* fabricates an EliteForumMembershipRequest *

We'll see if I actually remembered those other FtRPG things. Probably not, but perhaps.

Shame Ethereal Enterprises died forever ago.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 25, 2007 6:32

Maybe you'll remember this sorta functionality. * uses Steal on Ice's EliteForumMembershipRequest * Access denied!

Bein' around forever doesn't mean a thing if you haven't been around forever. That, and you're an elder compared to whom? The five blokes who have joined and stayed in RE since you?

"The best thing is not to be born. But who is as lucky as that? To whom does it happen? Not to one among millions and millions of people." ~ Brother Theodore
Sword
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Sep 25, 2007 8:03
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I didn't actually believe there were any 'elders' around anymore... Slanted Mouth

COOKIE!

MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 25, 2007 9:16

That's a sad truth Crying

Really, the ol' Elder Board was made for the likes of Ash10 and such who couldn't stomach then newbian VinnyD and the likes. Now, those phantoms have totally vanished and all that's left is a quasi-real state of elderness.

I mean, sadly, despite Ice's vanish act(s), he probably still has more seniority under his belt than the, what? Two-hundred-plus members that have joined after him? So lame! But, I think I have a plan to get them to stay... * creates a MyRealitysEndSpace.comAccountSignUpPage for the masses * None shall resist the lure! Upside Down Smile

"Your father is a bastard, Your mother is a whore.
   Your eyes are on your ass, Your brains are on the floor."
  - Soccer Tribe, Frank Mackey & the Keltic Cowboys
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 27, 2007 8:58
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wait, the Elites' forum still exists? Tongue

Oh gods, you've created a monster! No good will come of this...

* uses CatStance in preparation for the evil that is to come from this abomination. *

And yes, I do know that the Elites' forum still exists, just in case the smiley wasn't enough - I'm not blind, and not entirely stupid, y'know...

...But In the end, isn't it always the same question, and always the same answer?
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 27, 2007 11:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 27, 2007 8:58, Zedd said:

Oh gods, you've created a monster! No good will come of this...

* uses CatStance in preparation for the evil that is to come from this abomination. *

You know, I'm pretty sure the same lament was made by someone, somewhere upon the foundation of this site some eight-and-a-half years ago. Minus the CatStance. Maybe.

Oh, and hi, Ice. I remember you. Mostly for going on that (drunken) rampage when FtRPG came out.

So I'm on the Golden Gate Bridge, and everyone is telling me to jump! I was just taking a jog! ~Roy, That 70's Show

[Edited by Battalon127 on Sep 27, 2007 11:46]
Ice

Member #46

Oct 8, 2007 20:19

Hmm... More than a week has passed and I still have this thread open. Seeing as how a post should have some purpose, I'm wondering what sorts of things you fellows are doing in the spare time these days.

Lately I've re-gotten into the anime Tsubasa Chronicle, since I finished watching Firefly and Serenity. It's a series about a girl who loses all of her memories in the form of feathers, and her childhood friend who loves/is in love with her (and who she also loves/is in love with) has to go on a long quest to travel across various dimensions to find her memory feathers. It's more of a "girly" show, and would not so much be enjoyable to those who don't like romantic shows, because this is very much so one.

On the gaming front, I'm in significant anticipation of the upcoming months for the Wii, with a number of games coming out that I want to get. I've been playing the US and Japanese Super Mario Brothers 2 (The one with the princess who floats, and the one which is an insanely hard remake of the original, respectively) for now on the Wii Virtual Console. Upcoming I have... Wii Bleach (I don't remember the name, but it looks like Soul Calibur, with Bleach characters, and you get to use the Wiimote like a sword), Soul Calibur Legends (Unfortunately, this seems to be more of a Twilight Princess-like game than an actual Soul Calibur game), Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Trauma Center 2 (or whatever it's called).

°(~.~)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2006
msanis

Member #7

Nov 6, 2007 10:32
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

... you had to actually search for it because you forgot the actual name of the website? Weird. It somehow has stuck pretty damn well in my mind. I've been obscenely busy with college-- pretty much no time to do anything but study. Even the infinite video games I have acquired have remained largely unplayed. As per usual, my venture back here was the typical, "Hmmmm... I'm bored... lets see if that place is still around!", type of visit. No time to really do much, and even if I did have time I'd be coding. Ugghhh...

It has unfortunately been a while since I've had time to dedicate to watching a particular series, whether it be anime or a T.V. show.

I've been trying to play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It is an excellent game. I barely get to play it for about an hour a week though.

Some day I'll be able to start up my geeky hobbies again.
  ... some day... Mean Look

Why do I do this to myself?!?!
Blade

Member #99

Nov 7, 2007 2:04

I thought study was a geeky hobby

Plus you're legal now - MintMan
Skulkraken

Member #128

Nov 8, 2007 24:18
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's only a hobby if you're doing it for fun. If you're being paid or being given a grade, it's work.

I can't afford a Wii...

... and the gaming PC my uncle gave me has a video card that keeps churning out graphical errors every time I try to play any recent game that uses 3D. The errors keep manifesting in the form of checkerboard-style mosaics that appear over everything. For the most part, I've been stuck playing older games, like Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and Dungeon Keeper.
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 8, 2007 11:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Have you ran Direct X diagnostics, to make sure it's not a software issue? I mean, odds are, it's probably hardware, but it never hurts to check. How old is the card?

The following post may contain strong language, graphic violence, and brief scenes of nudity. Viewer discretion is advised.
Skulkraken

Member #128

Nov 13, 2007 24:16
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, I've run the DirectX diagnostics, and it passed those just fine. It even displayed 3D objects correctly during the tests (which makes things all the more infuriating when I get to the actual games). The card's an MSI-branded Geforce FX 5600, which apparently has been giving other people problems too, based on what I was able to dig up online. I don't know how old it is, apart from it being too old for the warranty to be of much use. I'm just going to save up some cash for a new card, and scrap the old one. These Nvidia cards are just plain maddening to deal with... The integrated graphics on my other pc's Intel motherboard ran these games more reliably D'oh . It doesn't help that playing through Dungeon Keeper has caused me to start hearing the sounds from the game even when I'm not playing...
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 13, 2007 17:37

"You have found a new area."

And all that jargon is exactly why I never got deep into computer games. You need so much junk and cards and upgrades. Then, when you play it, it's probably better off just cutting out all the flash for more speed edge. Or, I'm cheap and forgot what I was aiming to even say Shifty Eyes

"Your minions are under attack!" * uses GobboRay on Skulkraken 's minions *

"She iz zo sharp... zo dangerous, like a pudding-bag full of knives."
  - André, a Jaegerkin in Girl Genius
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 11:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022